Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

It’s all RCA though? Why would, when working with the same label and releasing almost everything, it be harder to do it the right way around?

It’s such a storf trying to be cool and failing pick imo.
Yea it might be the latter. But labels are also weird about licenses. Maybe they wanted more money to license 20k pressings of Nilsson Schmilsson vs Pussy Cats, etc. there have been quite a few albums they wanted to do as ROTMs but weren’t given the licenses to do so and they ended up as store exclusives

I see me sticking with country for April and May. Adding Stevie for April. Adding Alice and Little Richard in May and swapping Charlie for T. Rex in June.
I’m likely swapping for credit in April, going for Alice and Don in May (maybe add little Richard although I have the MoFi and like that one) and then Isaac Hayes and possibly T Rex in June…

One thing I thought was interesting in the magazine they sent in this box was a mention of a sequel to a previously released anthology and a 2 part anthology. Hoping blue note vol 2
I think it’s gonna be live electric miles. BN has no incentive really to do another VMP box since they have the tone poet, BNC and Blue Note Review series

Waylon Jennings Vol. II - And now for the rest of the story…
I'd actually buy that one.

It could be a mix of old and new, a before and after if you will:

Love of the Common People (1967)
Only the Greatest (1968)
Good Hearted Woman (1972)
Ladies Love Outlaws (1972)

What Goes Around Comes Around (1979)
Music Man (1980)
Will the Wolf Survive? (1985)
Heroes (with Johnny Cash) (1986)

I'd be in for sure on that.

This of course ignores the two blockbusters from his prime that VMP hasn't covered, Wanted! The Outlaws and Willie & Waylon, both of which deserve premium treatment.

I'd actually buy that one.

It could be a mix of old and new, a before and after if you will:

Love of the Common People (1967)
Only the Greatest (1968)
Good Hearted Woman (1972)
Ladies Love Outlaws (1972)

What Goes Around Comes Around (1979)
Music Man (1980)
Will the Wolf Survive? (1985)
Heroes (with Johnny Cash) (1986)

I'd be in for sure on that.

This of course ignores the two blockbusters from his prime that VMP hasn't covered, Wanted! The Outlaws and Willie & Waylon, both of which deserve premium treatment.

I just got a copy of Love Of The Common People last week — it's a great album!

Picked up Sam Gendel's Music for Saxophone & Bass Guitar. This thing sounds damn solid outside of some right channel crackle on Side 1 (GZ stuff lol). Glad to have finally picked this up.
That's one of the ones I've been waiting three months for them to ship! You got my record, 😂

WillieColon_ElMalo_Mockup.jpg

Sonidos Encontrados is VMP’s new series celebrating deep cuts from the expansive catalog of Latin music. Eventually, the series will aim to reissue releases from many genres, countries, and eras, but the series’ first reissues are dedicated to the Fania label, in celebration of the label’s 60th anniversary.

Fania was the Motown of Latin Soul music in the ‘60s and ‘70s, the home to household names like Hector Lavoe, Ray Barretto, Celia Cruz, Johnny Pacheco, La Lupe, Joe Bataan, and Willie Colon.

Our first release in Sonidos Encontrados – Spanish for “found sounds” – is Willie Colón’s El Malo, the debut LP from the band leader, multi-instrumentalist, singer, and activist. Colón was the wunderkind of the Fania label, as he recorded the album when he was just 16 years old. The title track from the album was in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, and the album features guest vocals from a 21-year-old Lavoe, who was beginning his own rise to salsa stardom.

Pressed at VMP’s own pressing plant, plated by Gary Salstrom at VMP, and remastered AAA by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound, these releases will be limited to 1000 units and pressed on 180g vinyl and come with a custom obi strip and a Listening Notes booklet.

VMP members can expect at least five more Sonidos Encontrados releases in 2024.

WillieColon_ElMalo_Mockup.jpg

Sonidos Encontrados is VMP’s new series celebrating deep cuts from the expansive catalog of Latin music. Eventually, the series will aim to reissue releases from many genres, countries, and eras, but the series’ first reissues are dedicated to the Fania label, in celebration of the label’s 60th anniversary.

Fania was the Motown of Latin Soul music in the ‘60s and ‘70s, the home to household names like Hector Lavoe, Ray Barretto, Celia Cruz, Johnny Pacheco, La Lupe, Joe Bataan, and Willie Colon.

Our first release in Sonidos Encontrados – Spanish for “found sounds” – is Willie Colón’s El Malo, the debut LP from the band leader, multi-instrumentalist, singer, and activist. Colón was the wunderkind of the Fania label, as he recorded the album when he was just 16 years old. The title track from the album was in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, and the album features guest vocals from a 21-year-old Lavoe, who was beginning his own rise to salsa stardom.

Pressed at VMP’s own pressing plant, plated by Gary Salstrom at VMP, and remastered AAA by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound, these releases will be limited to 1000 units and pressed on 180g vinyl and come with a custom obi strip and a Listening Notes booklet.

VMP members can expect at least five more Sonidos Encontrados releases in 2024.
$41 for members.

Just keeps climbing…

Back