Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Just the messenger with the differentiators:
VMP is the only pressing that's remastered by RKS (ATCQ will also have copies they'll sell at, I assume, MSRP)
Tri-Fold jacket
Limited to 3000

How much that's worth depends on you and your affinity for this album/ATCQ
Cool so yep, the makes a bit more sense. I mean it's still crazy high and needs to be pressed at like RTI or better to justify that price but, I get it.

$42 each or $80 for the bundle. AAA, RKS, tip-on jacket, GZ.

Good specs, but I really don't like the price. Especially since they just started charging me a state and city tax. I think I'll pass.

Good specs, but I really don't like the price. Especially since they just started charging me a state and city tax. I think I'll pass.
Gonna snag Nilsson Schmilsson. With Aerial Ballet that's about all the Harry Nilsson I need.

The mofi from a little while back was spectacular but if you don’t like this price you definitely won’t like that one!

The mofi from a little while back was spectacular but if you don’t like this price you definitely won’t like that one!
Yeah.... I had to convince myself that sometimes a good, clean original copy is sufficient for me. I don't NEED to have an audiophile reissue of every single album I like. These prices are just getting to be too much.

Unfortunately, I discovered this album after that had sold out and have wanted a better than regular pressing. So I spent $45 I wasn’t expecting to this morning. I also think RKS is suited well to this type of music.

14-year Old Me: the "Son Of..." album would be a great pick for me to buy! My friend's parents play this record a lot and I have already formed great memories around this album. It would particularly be poignant, because he's going to pass away in a car accident a week before we graduate high school and I want to remember the good times.

42-Y.O. Me: wow... For that price, 14-year-old me could have bought three LPS brand new from Secret Sounds in 1995.

There has got to be a less expensive version of this.

14-year Old Me: the "Son Of..." album would be a great pick for me to buy! My friend's parents play this record a lot and I have already formed great memories around this album. It would particularly be poignant, because he's going to pass away in a car accident a week before we graduate high school and I want to remember the good times.

42-Y.O. Me: wow... For that price, 14-year-old me could have bought three LPS brand new from Secret Sounds in 1995.

I wish 14 year old me was as prescient as 14 year old you

There is. Check the used bins at like 70% of local record stores. You're bound to come across one without too much trouble.

I might actually have a nibble at this.

Anyone from the uk bought from VMP store of late. Is there some horrendous customs/ tax fuckery going down or is it as priced on the tin?
No issues for me either. The only hit I have had was on an Anthology (Tribe) which tipped it over the threshold. You should be fine ordering a single LP, although im saying that as a member so it might well be that they list the cost as £0 when bundled.

Back