Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Have they hinted at what the VMP10 repress is this week? They haven't exactly blown me away with the first two selections and yet I'm curious enough to want to be near my phone at noon, will I once again be disappointed?

Not necessarily disappointed with the music, enjoy both albums, I'm happy with my copy of the Japandroids and I'm pretty sure I can get the Charles Bradley for a better price at my local just haven't pulled the trigger...

Have they hinted at what the VMP10 repress is this week? They haven't exactly blown me away with the first two selections and yet I'm curious enough to want to be near my phone at noon, will I once again be disappointed?

Not necessarily disappointed with the music, enjoy both albums, I'm happy with my copy of the Japandroids and I'm pretty sure I can get the Charles Bradley for a better price at my local just haven't pulled the trigger...
Thelonious Monk. Mentioned it’ll be remastered as well but not AAA due to tape quality.

Japandroids - $23 (before shipping) from Polyvinyl...

Polyvinyl Records - Artists, News, Music - Shop Vinyl, Merch, Music and More

2a8e6455543d4b724ab4a9160f7abd65daaf4818_ac23b485f226709a8a41d98ef7d0413b986993ce_medium_jpg

But I mean, how can you argue with the value of a VMP edition?
I don't know this artist, but I love this album cover so much that I'll be listening to this one for sure.

Giving it a stream but idk man, I find that you very quickly CAN own enough Monk albums, especially in a live setting. This would be a more completionist buy than a passion purchase. I feel I'll spin this about as much as I do the Miles/Coltrane Live in Paris VMP exclusivve, which is never. I've spun it 3 times perhaps in the 4 years of owning it.

Giving it a stream but idk man, I find that you very quickly CAN own enough Monk albums, especially in a live setting. This would be a more completionist buy than a passion purchase. I feel I'll spin this about as much as I do the Miles/Coltrane Live in Paris VMP exclusivve, which is never. I've spun it 3 times perhaps in the 4 years of owning it.
As I said in the Classic's thread: I think there's enough Monk reissues lately...
After the Black Friday RSD I saw a whole lot of Monk albums in the new releases pile.

I'm definitely reaching Monk burnout.

At least Monk is not available everywhere else for half the price
is that vmp not this one?

Amazon product ASIN B00ERXKYHU
I picked up a copy from the amazon warehouse for $8 in 2018. like it said on the tin, the cover was beat to shit, but honestly it sounds fine, so there's that. admittedly it's not blue vinyl and the current price is in the 30s

Hey whatever happened to @NathanRicaud on here lol
I really love this community and am honestly attracted to people on this forum and just find so much people on here down to earth, funny, friendly, inviting and cute…..but I’ve realised I can only do one forum at a time! I don’t have a computer or laptop and am a blue collar worker. If I worked in front of a computer or from home, I’m certain I would also be very involved here because it’s always fun and interesting here! And it’s family here too! 🦥🐣👫👭👬👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👧‍👦🐢🐶🐱

Before I found out about the VMP Discord community, I was very involved and active on the VMP Reddit community! Before the VMP Reddit page was created, I was very active here! I remember being in the top 5 for the amount of posts people had! I was up there with Joe and Selaws and Mathers etc and had barely any posts in the What’s Spinning thread! I loved it here and still do, but I can only do one forum at a time as I really commit to it. The VMP Discord is very VMP orientated, has a lot of input from VMP Staff (especially Storf and Pauly), and I’m obsessed with one of the guys in there (Djsgribbs) - he’s a bit like Mather in that he’s an audiophile vinyl nerd, loves his jazz and hip hop, and has multiple pressings of albums! Djsgribbs has such similar taste to me and he’s my favourite! He’s the guy that’s rooting hard for VMP to make Ice Cube’s The Predator a ROTM! 😂🚬🎙️🦬

It’s the weekend and I’m at my parents chilling, so I’m going to hang out here for the day because I want to scroll through all my favourite threads on this forum and just enjoy everyone’s presence on here! 😍😊😜

Just kidding! I always pay attention to Mather and love him! He was not only one of my favourites, but is still the hottest vinyl person across all three VMP related forums! I even screenshot a lot of his posts, especially on the Audiophile Pressings thread! I love his input on that thread in particular!

Back