Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

it feels like that extraordinary machine sale really got them confident

"hey maybe we can sell everything for $50 bucks!" without stopping to think "does anyone else sell this for cheaper already?"

this is what happens when everyone on the team is an intern and no one's read up on supply and demand economics.

Think this is just gonna be the way it is from here on out with VMP. :\
Yeah, $37 for a single LP and almost $50 for a double. I mean, good on em if they can move all the albums, but I feel this one's going to sit unless people have store credit burning a hole in their pocket or they suddenly forget how to google.

Yeah, $37 for a single LP and almost $50 for a double. I mean, good on em if they can move all the albums, but I feel this one's going to sit unless people have store credit burning a hole in their pocket or they suddenly forget how to google.

I think it looks awesome but I've been in the game too long to care  THAT much about the design anymore. I imagine some people do though. If this was $25 it would be an insta buy

Our next VMP10 is...

I want it, I just don't know if I $37 want it. Even with the store credit I've got saved up.
I think this will 100% make it to sale prices at least. Same with Japandroids.

I think it looks awesome but I've been in the game too long to care  THAT much about the design anymore. I imagine some people do though. If this was $25 it would be an insta buy
It has to seem like a good bargain when it eventually hits swaps and people use an add-on track for it.

I too would've likely got it at $25. I don't care about design, but man people are sure snagging that new Gorillaz Zoetrope variant regardless of how it's going to sound.

It has to seem like a good bargain when it eventually hits swaps and people use an add-on track for it.

I too would've likely got it at $25. I don't care about design, but man people are sure snagging that new Gorillaz Zoetrope variant regardless of how it's going to sound.
Add on tracks are $37 now. This album rules but should be able to easily find it for way cheaper and this is just using existing plates but pressed at GZ

Saw a post on reddit claiming 50% of vinyl sales are people who don't own a turntable

Add on tracks are $37 now. This album rules but should be able to easily find it for way cheaper and this is just using existing plates but pressed at GZ
$36 actually, but that's not much of a difference. Depending on your sub, swapping for your primary might save you a few more bucks but it's still on the pricey side of things.

These US$37 ($42 for non-members) "VMP 10 Celebration" titles are prompting me to buy non-VMP editions.

Last week, I paid $19.69 (after yearend20 promo code, as part of a larger order) for Japandroids direct from PolyVinyl. It's $23 regular-price, and free US shipping if you can nudge your total above $50.

This morning, I paid $14.55 for Charles Bradley from Amazon.

So, I got both LPs for less than the cost of one VMP LP.

I've also dropped all three add-on tracks that I've had running for a couple of years. Just Classics track for me, and I'm still on the fence about whether I'll renew for another year in September. I might just wash my hands of the whole VMP experience at that point.

Craig.

Last edited:
These US$37 ($42 for non-members) "VMP 10 Celebration" titles are prompting me to buy non-VMP editions.

Last week, I paid $19.69 (after yearend20 promo code, as part of a larger order) for Japandroids direct from PolyVinyl.

This morning, I paid $14.55 for Charles Bradley from Amazon.

So, I got both LPs for less than the cost of one VMP LP.

I've also dropped all three add-on tracks that I've had running for a couple of years. Just Classics track for me, and I'm still on the fence about whether I'll renew for another year in September. I might just wash my hands of the whole VMP experience at that point.

Craig.
My membership expires I think in 2 months. Then I’m out for awhile until at least the new plant opens and I see what titles they are pressing and what the quality is like. If they press a classics album I like I might dip back in but I haven’t done longer than a 3 month sub in a really long time.

My membership expires I think in 2 months. Then I’m out for awhile until at least the new plant opens and I see what titles they are pressing and what the quality is like. If they press a classics album I like I might dip back in but I haven’t done longer than a 3 month sub in a really long time.
I'm interested to see what kind of "storefront" they are going to have at the plant since it's going to have a bar and will be open to the public. I'm in that neighborhood regularly for concerts and I'm hoping they just have the ability to buy direct should anything that I can't pass up become available. Hopefully they stock some sold out titles, like they were notorious for doing at their little kiosk that they had in a food hall here in Denver or even some B-Stock or on sale items.

I'm interested to see what kind of "storefront" they are going to have at the plant since it's going to have a bar and will be open to the public. I'm in that neighborhood regularly for concerts and I'm hoping they just have the ability to buy direct should anything that I can't pass up become available. Hopefully they stock some sold out titles, like they were notorious for doing at their little kiosk that they had in a food hall here in Denver or even some B-Stock or on sale items.
There’s a shop in boulder I think that VMP gives ROTM to? I bought Bill Withers from them. Wanna say the name has Paradise in it?

There’s a shop in boulder I think that VMP gives ROTM to? I bought Bill Withers from them. Wanna say the name has Paradise in it?
Paradise Found. Great little shop. I stop in every time I make it up to Boulder. Yeah, I don't know their exact relationship, but I know they and Twist N Shout in Dever definitely carry their product. They curate their collection really well given their size.

Paradise Found. Great little shop. I stop in every time I make it up to Boulder. Yeah, I don't know their exact relationship, but I know they and Twist N Shout in Dever definitely carry their product. They curate their collection really well given their size.
Shoutout Paradise Found, great people. Was a regular when they were Bart’s Record Shop at the old location near Village Coffee Shop when I went to law school in Boulder. Used to spend hours in there talking to those folks. They turned me onto a lot of great stuff. Haven’t been back since they moved but have heard great thing about the new shop.

Shoutout Paradise Found, great people. Was a regular when they were Bart’s Record Shop at the old location near Village Coffee Shop when I went to law school in Boulder. Used to spend hours in there talking to those folks. They turned me onto a lot of great stuff. Haven’t been back since they moved but have heard great thing about the new shop.
I was a regular at Bart's too. Although I'd mostly go to Albums on the Hill to shoot the shit with Andy. Miss those days. The owner of my local here doesn't like to chat about music. He's nice, just not a chatty fella.

I was a regular at Bart's too. Although I'd mostly go to Albums on the Hill to shoot the shit with Andy. Miss those days. The owner of my local here doesn't like to chat about music. He's nice, just not a chatty fella.
The owner of your local doesn’t like to chat about music? Wtf?

Back