Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Probably not the best day to drop this with that cover.

Not to be overly political here but when this becomes a routine thing is there ever a day to drop this?

Probably not the best day to drop this with that cover.

@MikeH boom boom alert

Again though...gun violence is a day to day issue in America. Do we stop all movies/tv shows that depict gun violence too?

There's a pretty big difference between day to day gun violence and somebody executing a large number of children though. So in general, I say not at all. But in this case with this timing I say poor taste.

Again though...gun violence is a day to day issue in America. Do we stop all movies/tv shows that depict gun violence too?
Unfortunately, we do very little (besides lower flags or offer thoughts and prayers).

A little discretion on VMPs part would be nice, but its a small part of the picture. It would be nice if I thought there was some plan to help with such a big problem.

Unfortunately, we do very little (besides lower flags or offer thoughts and prayers).

A little discretion on VMPs part would be nice, but its a small part of the picture. It would be nice if I thought there was some plan to help with such a big problem.
Imma bow out before I start pointing out the ways everything is broken and what constitutes a failed country.

Similar, but different:

The original cover for The Coup's Party Music featured them blowing up the WTC - Very on brand for The Coup and their politics/message. A brilliant cover. But with timing made unfortunate by its release date of Sept. 11, 2001. Changing it was the right call - despite it still being the better cover.

There would be basically nothing on TV and it wouldn't fix a single thing. The US has proven it's completely OK with kids being gunned down in their classrooms multiple times now. So at this point fuck it, release all the things that would be thought of as insensitive in every other nation the planet except the US to keep the gears of capitalism grinding. The US is broken in every way and we have minority rule where a bunch of conservative wasteland states prevent all change from happening and it's led to us crumbling from every angle.

There would be basically nothing on TV and it wouldn't fix a single thing. The US has proven it's completely OK with kids being gunned down in their classrooms multiple times now. So at this point fuck it, release all the things that would be thought of as insensitive in every other nation the planet except the US to keep the gears of capitalism grinding. The US is broken in every way and we have minority rule where a bunch of conservative wasteland states prevent all change from happening and it's led to us crumbling from every angle.
100%.
Being a Canadian is mainly why I'm bowing out, but I'm old enough to vividly remember Columbine, and to see it getting worse in every single possible way instead of better pains me.

Sure, I guess you could consider it a bad day for a store drop with a gun to someone's head...but when you can't live normal every day life every day a gun's to your head...you just haven't realized it yet.

Do you have them near your turntable as conversation pieces?

… but no, no display knives. I think I don't need to cultivate that image any further thanks to you psychos.

Wouldn't a larger knife be MORE of a conversation piece? I know if I saw a machete next to someone's turntable I'd have a lot of questions. Might be more focused on getting the hell out of there than having a conversation at that point, though.
I’m picturing one of those mobiles of the planets or animals that people hang over a baby’s crib - but instead of planets or animals they’re all unsheathed knifes hanging downward from their handles and, instead of hanging over a crib, it’s hanging over the turntable.

(I tried googling for an image and, shockingly, this isn’t something that appears to exist in the online marketplace, so it would have to be a custom job to make one.)

I’m picturing one of those mobiles of the planets or animals that people hang over a baby’s crib - but instead of planets or animals they’re all unsheathed knifes hanging downward from their handles and, instead of hanging over a crib, it’s hanging over the turntable.

(I tried googling for an image and, shockingly, this isn’t something that appears to exist in the online marketplace, so it would have to be a custom job to make one.)
I don't know why but it made me remember this
60954023225245176a394bfbda1dda48.jpg

Back