Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Okay makes sense, so do you know why their names were scratched out on the 2012 prestige deadwax? Why would they do that?

I think they started using the stamper probably because it was already at RTI, and at first they didn't scratch out the info. (The Newbury variant carried the DCC matrix.) So maybe they just didn't like people talking about their use of old DCC stampers.

Multi-instrument masterpiece must be one of Eric Dolphy's albums on New Jazz (a free jazz imprint of Prestige Records), but Kirk's Work, Roland Kirk's lone Prestige album, and one of Yusef Lateef's albums (either Cry! - Tender or Eastern Sounds) are also possible.

Now that I think about it, Dolphy's Outward Bound is also the best candidate for the phrase "the beginnings of free jazz."
Yeah I really can’t think of another album on Prestige that would really fit that at the moment. Ornette Coleman’s Free Jazz came out in 1960 and he already had released The Shape of Jazz To Come a year prior to that which I kind of consider the beginnings of free jazz... I suppose Outward Bound (1960) would fit even though it’s one of Dolphy’s most straightforward bop sets.

I think they started using the stamper probably because it was already at RTI, and at first they didn't scratch out the info. (The Newbury variant carried the DCC matrix.) So maybe they just didn't like people talking about their use of old DCC stampers.

hmm makes me wonder if I should just wait for a reasonably priced AP to pop up if the stampers have been used that many times.

It was long enough that I don't recall the details, but he came in guns blazing with that sort of attitude and pissed off just about everyone. He also walked it back and was fairly cool for the remainder of the time the forums existed. But clearly, this kind of attitude is a just a part of who he is.
To put it in terms of the wrestling he's fond of.... I think he wanted to be a heel type character but when he realized it was rubbing people the wrong way he toned it down a bit. I never personally had a problem with him and expected a certain amount of snark from him.

To put it in terms of the wrestling he's fond of.... I think he wanted to be a heel type character but when he realized it was rubbing people the wrong way he toned it down a bit. I never personally had a problem with him and expected a certain amount of snark from him.
Also remember that he's had some issues that he's seen/ is seeing a professional about. I don't think that should be discussed here further, but I'd just be aware of it and cut him some slack. If he's being snarky, I'd just ignore it. My 2 cents.

I'm about to pull the trigger on TLC, as they were totally my wife's shit back when she was a tween. Christmas is still 6+ months away, but it's never too early to start shopping.
Omg, so cuteee! It’s so cute and funny that you’re getting your wife vinyl for Christmas 🤭

There’s something badass, high school and ghetto about CrazySexyCool, like gangster’s and playa’s so would’ve had sex while that album was playing in the background! So your wife’s ghetto vinyl library is just getting better and better 🙌🎃😁

Omg, so cuteee! It’s so cute and funny that you’re getting your wife vinyl for Christmas 🤭

There’s something badass, high school and ghetto about CrazySexyCool, like gangster’s and playa’s so would’ve had sex while that album was playing in the background! So your wife’s ghetto vinyl library is just getting better and better 🙌🎃😁

@NathanRicaud Good to see you, buddy!

I just received an email from VMP offering me a free record to stay with them. I know others have received the same email, but the thing that peaked my attention was that one of those free records is Outkast 'Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik'!

I'm still outta of there, 10 free records wouldn't make a difference, but would this selection be legit or just 'another' error?

I just received an email from VMP offering me a free record to stay with them. I know others have received the same email, but the thing that peaked my attention was that one of those free records is Outkast 'Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik'!

I'm still outta of there, 10 free records wouldn't make a difference, but would this selection be legit or just 'another' error?

Well they repressed it or are going to, aren't they ?

if it is then god is it overpriced:
Even a colored pressing is cheaper:

I thought all copies of Lemonade were on yellow vinyl. But i’m too lasy to check Discogs.

Also remember that he's had some issues that he's seen/ is seeing a professional about. I don't think that should be discussed here further, but I'd just be aware of it and cut him some slack. If he's being snarky, I'd just ignore it. My 2 cents.

I think he is an ok guy, it’s probably hard being the mouthpiece for the company but he is a proper music fan. His job is to give some lip and attitude but it is hard on a forum to do that without causing offence and in turn to be offended yourself when someone bites back. But he added a lot to the forum experience. And he was literally the only one who ventured on the forum at the end of days. Pauly as well is a decent guy.

@NathanRicaud sexyback and things are about to get spicy around here! :cool:

Last edited:
Back