Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

My friends think I’m also crazy that I only leave my car keys inside my car unlocked - so I can’t disagree with you!

My parents leave their house door unlocked and I guess that’s why I like leaving things unlocked! I’m still getting used to the fact that my housemate locks the door - I lock the door to make sure she feels comfortable but I wish she was happy to leave the door unlocked!

My best friend leaves his apartment door unlocked all the time too and I know other people who do the same. I have to admit though…..I’ve never met anyone who leaves the car keys in their car unlocked! I think it actually is quite crazy I do that! 😂

Just one small thing. Your insurance won’t cover you for theft if you leave your car/apartment open or the keys in the car and so there is no sign of break in.

With houses I kinda get it when you’re in, our family house in the country is never locked unless we are all out and the house I grew up in was the same. My apartment in Dublin though? Double locked and the chain on 😂

So my copy of Medeski, Martin and Wood Uninvisible showed up. One record is bowl warped. Pretty much all of side B doesn't sit on the platter.

Anyways, not sure if I should ask for a replacement. On the one hand, I think my tonearm will be able to track it. But on the other, I paid a premium ($50) for this record and it's warped. Guess I feel a bit of guilt asking for another replacement. I signed up for Mars Volta, had the noise issue and went through two copies, then they gave me credit. Had the right channel noise issue on Outkast as well on side D, they gave me two copies, both lousy.

Now I have this MMW, and wondering if I should just live with it and not bother with customer service again. Ideally, I would like a completely flat copy.

What would you all do?
View attachment 109536

I always ask for a replacement if it is bowl warped to the point it never touches the platter.

So my copy of Medeski, Martin and Wood Uninvisible showed up. One record is bowl warped. Pretty much all of side B doesn't sit on the platter.

Anyways, not sure if I should ask for a replacement. On the one hand, I think my tonearm will be able to track it. But on the other, I paid a premium ($50) for this record and it's warped. Guess I feel a bit of guilt asking for another replacement. I signed up for Mars Volta, had the noise issue and went through two copies, then they gave me credit. Had the right channel noise issue on Outkast as well on side D, they gave me two copies, both lousy.

Now I have this MMW, and wondering if I should just live with it and not bother with customer service again. Ideally, I would like a completely flat copy.

What would you all do?
View attachment 109536
100% ask for a replacement. As @Joe Mac and @bdm105 said, this isn't a cheap record and if a warp is this bad then you should have a replacement. Think of it this way, if they listed it as a dishwarped record you likely wouldn't have bought it.

Im also going to be sending an email asking for a replacement. This is my copy of the Jazz Is Dead Vol 2 (@Andy turns out it was a dishwarp)

IMG_6242.JPG

100% ask for a replacement. As @Joe Mac and @bdm105 said, this isn't a cheap record and if a warp is this bad then you should have a replacement. Think of it this way, if they listed it as a dishwarped record you likely wouldn't have bought it.

Im also going to be sending an email asking for a replacement. This is my copy of the Jazz Is Dead Vol 2 (@Andy turns out it was a dishwarp)

View attachment 109540

I haven't put mine on the platter yet, but just from looking at it thought it would be like that.

@zdkaiser unlucky with the Medeski, my copy has prefectly flat discs & feels like a premium product, send them a message if it's badly warped. I know what you mean though, tbh I'm a bit more forgiving on the records that I don't like so much or am not that impressed with, but the CS is what VMP is good at, I think that's why we pay a premium. & TBH I don't think $45/$50 is too bad for a double album mastered by RKS & pressed at RTI.

I'm sure they will get you a replacement out & you'll be happy, but don't leave it too long.

What would you all do?
View attachment 109536

You've been very unlucky with those three records. nearly as unlucky as @Mather. It's generally not been that bad for a while.

What would you all do?
View attachment 109536
If you are gonna live with it you should have someone run it through a vinyl flat and still get yourself some VMP store credit.

Started the night with some Three Degrees to get in the PIR mood, and then moved on to StVincents Daddy’s Home (arrived today after selecting in swaps last month).

After streaming the album earlier I was hesitant about picking this up. Didn’t grab me like I was expecting. But jumped in after reading some positive comments on Discogs … after spinning side A, glad I took the leap. The music is great, and the pressing is clean.

Considering the subject, some pretty bold assumptions here

Huh? I sold policies and later handled claims for a big insurer back in my youth (horrible job, wouldn’t recommend, paid for rent and booze in early 20s) and all unlocked cars/people have left keys in the car was an absolute exclusion. You’d have a pattern of thefts and then very despondent policy holders every winter from people turning the engine over to warm the car for a few minutes while they finished getting ready.

Unlocked doors/window on household and unlocked doors and key left in cars has been an exclusion in every policy I’ve bought too.

Huh? I sold policies and later handled claims for a big insurer back in my youth (horrible job, wouldn’t recommend, paid for rent and booze in early 20s) and all unlocked cars/people have left keys in the car was an absolute exclusion. You’d have a pattern of thefts and then very despondent policy holders every winter from people turning the engine over to warm the car for a few minutes while they finished getting ready.

Unlocked doors/window on household and unlocked doors and key left in cars has been an exclusion in every policy I’ve bought too.
Yep, not saying you're wrong at all on how insurance works, rather that the policyholder in question may be hypothetical in nature.

That is not the case in the US. Stolen is stolen. Your insurance will cover the theft (as long as you have Comprehensive coverage).

That is not the case in the US. Stolen is stolen. Your insurance will cover the theft (as long as you have Comprehensive coverage).

Oh wow! That’s commonly referred to as the insurance company not insuring against you being an idiot over here 😂

There has to be signs of forced entry for both or starting of the car for motor.

Oh wow! That’s commonly referred to as the insurance company not insuring against you being an idiot over here 😂

There has to be signs of forced entry for both or starting of the car for motor.
Comp coverage is more of a “premium” type coverage. Drivers not legally required to carry it. Most folks carry it while their car is still being paid off or fairly new. It only covers theft in relation to the automobile though, not non-auto related items. So if you had a laptop in your bag and you bag was stolen out the back (locked or unlocked) your Comp policy would not cover your loss. You could file a claim under your homeowners or renters policy and the theft would be covered but most of the time it isn’t worth it because of the way those policies are structured but yeah, the car itself, locked or unlocked you comp policy would cover the loss.

Back