Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Damn I was hoping Madlib would make it to swaps. But nope, I refuse to pay $45 or whatever it is they’re asking for it.

Thanks for the update.
It’s a great record and it the pressing sounds great too! Worth the USD$40 for a 👌 Madlib album! But yes…..the exclusive is overpriced and should have been around USD$32, like the Freddie Gibbs/Madlib VMP Bandana exclusive!

I finally got around to spinning my non-VMP Spiral yesterday (my to listen pile just kept getting bigger). Tiniest bit of noise on side A but otherwise sounds fantastic. Great album. Glad they killed the thick cardboard sleeves even though the paper is only the slightest upgrade.

1628531227212.png

Limited to 1000, on 180 gram audiophile colored vinyl, pressed at GZ. All six albums were AAA cut from the mono master tapes by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound

🏇
All of these albums by these legends of folk were lacquered directly from the mono master tapes, preserving the original sound upon release of these albums in the 50s' and 60s'

🏇
Read the story of these six albums in a 36-page liner notes and photo booklet

🏇
Hear the story of Vanguard and of the folk music movement from leading folk scholars and writers. This seven-episode podcast series will tell the story of every album in this box, and the artists who made them

🏇
An exclusive Q&A mailbag experience with VMP, all question submissions are entered into a contest to win Vangaurd test pressings

View attachment 108169

Limited to 1000, on 180 gram audiophile colored vinyl, pressed at GZ. All six albums were AAA cut from the mono master tapes by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound

🏇
All of these albums by these legends of folk were lacquered directly from the mono master tapes, preserving the original sound upon release of these albums in the 50s' and 60s'

🏇
Read the story of these six albums in a 36-page liner notes and photo booklet

🏇
Hear the story of Vanguard and of the folk music movement from leading folk scholars and writers. This seven-episode podcast series will tell the story of every album in this box, and the artists who made them

🏇
An exclusive Q&A mailbag experience with VMP, all question submissions are entered into a contest to win Vangaurd test pressings

Do you think we need to alert VMP that they incorrectly used "audiophile" and "GZ" in the same sentence?

$40 per disc as a member. Ha ha. Yeah, that's gonna be a no from me dawg!

So uhh.. it seems I'll be with VMP for another year?

Went to check some things on my account but noticed this noticeScreenshot_20210801-000848.jpg

So it seems I get another year of grandfathered pricing! I got the deal last year, when they were barely rolling out notices about the change in pricing, so it seems I may have slipped through the cracks... Though it does say that add on tracks will be $33 this month only and go up to $43 on the next.

But hey, I don't mind. $299 for the year is alright for me. Never had many serious issues with VMP and hmthey always fixed things for me, so I guess I'll jump on this and check what the year brings! 🔥🔥

So uhh.. it seems I'll be with VMP for another year?

Went to check some things on my account but noticed this noticeView attachment 108184

So it seems I get another year of grandfathered pricing! I got the deal last year, when they were barely rolling out notices about the change in pricing, so it seems I may have slipped through the cracks... Though it does say that add on tracks will be $33 this month only and go up to $43 on the next.

But hey, I don't mind. $299 for the year is alright for me. Never had many serious issues with VMP and hmthey always fixed things for me, so I guess I'll jump on this and check what the year brings! 🔥🔥
Mine just renewed as well for this price. Last year I slipped in right before the price hike, so glad I got the bridge/grandfather this year.

Back