Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Thing is there's nothing even special about these spiritualized drops, they're just the same product you can get anywhere else but for more money. Makes zero sense unless you're in say, Australia.

EDIT: Okay, maybe it makes sense saving on shipping costs in the States since it's about $29USD and you can get it shipped with your ROTM for free...but for me in Canada it's more like $33USD vs $36CAN (which is what LGM sells for) which is a no-brainer.

Last edited:
romantic_images_vinyl_store_1_1024x.jpg

a_few_stars_apart_vinyl_store234252_1024x.jpg

stock_child_wonder_vinyl_store23435_1024x.jpg

yellow_vinyl_store2342523_1024x.jpg

Thing is there's nothing even special about these spiritualized drops, they're just the same product you can get anywhere else but for more money. Makes zero sense unless you're in say, Australia.
Pricing at my local shop for Lazer Guided Melodies was $37CAD, which after taxes works out to about the same as VMP. My local has no problem selling out of them so I didn’t feel too bad about not supporting them.

Question for other Canadian subscribers. My shipments are usually handled by Canada Post, taking over from DHL, but today I noticed that my latest shipment was picked up by TForce in Canada? Anyone else seen this or know why this would have changed?

Pricing at my local shop for Lazer Guided Melodies was $37CAD, which after taxes works out to about the same as VMP. My local has no problem selling out of them so I didn’t feel too bad about not supporting them.

Question for other Canadian subscribers. My shipments are usually handled by Canada Post, taking over from DHL, but today I noticed that my latest shipment was picked up by TForce in Canada? Anyone else seen this or know why this would have changed?
Probably because Canada Post keeps getting hammered by COVID and they're likely going to shut down the Mississauga warehouse yet again for another outbreak.

I love that Billie. I've heard some folks complain about some pops or warps, but mine was fine. Wonderful record, enjoyable press.
It’s a great recording and mastering. The problem is the usual GZ roulette, where some copies are great, others not so much. I lucked in this particular case, but other GZ releases sometimes take a couple replacements to get a good copy.

Probably because Canada Post keeps getting hammered by COVID and they're likely going to shut down the Mississauga warehouse yet again for another outbreak.
That’s a fair point. Hopefully this won’t have an impact on duties/taxes on the shipment.

Mines been TForce for quite a while. I've never had an issue with them. Not sure why the change since it pre dates Covid for me. They're are no duties etc...

Mines been TForce for quite a while. I've never had an issue with them. Not sure why the change since it pre dates Covid for me. They're are no duties etc...
Interesting. Mine's always been CP. This is the first time I've even heard of TForce. Are they maybe a Toronto courrier that's decided to branch outside to pick up some of the CP slack?

Interesting. Mine's always been CP. This is the first time I've even heard of TForce. Are they maybe a Toronto courrier that's decided to branch outside to pick up some of the CP slack?
That's my guess yeah, quite frankly the stuff I get from them via VMP is usually in better shape than when CP delivers it.

Speaking of Canada Post I think they've officially lost my King Geedorah from the UK and that's heartbreaking since it's not something I can easily just reorder. Been in transit since March 11.

Stupid seller usually prints the name of the album on the tracking label so good chance someone saw it and yoinked it.

Mine just switched to TForce on my last two months' shipments. Had always been Canada Post before - except one time it was UPS and I never got it so they had to resend (based on my history with and loathing of UPS, this wasn't a surprise). Heck, my first VMP shipment was delivered on a Sunday(!!) during the early days of the pandemic and their attempts to stay on top of things.

So far my experience with TForce has been great, other than it meaning a couple less chats with my Postee, whom I quite like.

So far my experience with TForce has been great, other than it meaning a couple less chats with my Postee, whom I quite like.
This is a foreign concept to me. I assumed all of Canada got mail delivered to community mail boxes and interaction with mail people is little to none.

This is a foreign concept to me. I assumed all of Canada got mail delivered to community mail boxes and interaction with mail people is little to none.

I'm in a 70s building with post boxes, but we get buzzed for packages and a pickup notice that requires a trip to Shoppers Drug Mart the next day if we miss the buzz. But I'm pretty sure even the houses in our area are not on super boxes (yet!)

I love that Billie. I've heard some folks complain about some pops or warps, but mine was fine. Wonderful record, enjoyable press.
Yeah, I had pop/skip issues on two copies before VMP just refunded me rather than give me a third copy. I recently replaced my cartridge so I'm gonna go back and re-listen to them to see if there might be any improvement. The record overall is very quiet, which probably makes those occasional defects all the more noticeable, unfortunately.

I have to admit that her music has never captivated me as much as others on the London jazz scene (although I did enjoy her Walrus EP).

Maybe this will be the one to fully engage me, either way I'm just thrilled to see companies like VMP shining light on the UK/London scene.
At $1 more than the add-on I removed yesterday, this was a no-brainer for me!

Be curious to hear your thoughts once it drops.

Really? No way man, door to door mail... Although the posties rotate so I don't really know my guy super well.
I can always tell when my regular Postie is away (like today, in fact, as I look out the window to see the van) because the other people must do the route in reverse, as they arrive in the morning, rather than the afternoon

Back