Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

They replaced everything but Arular. Said they were out of replacements, which sucks because I literally received my box on Wednesday the 21st. It’s been a long time since I’ve received one that late. They gave me $40 in store credit, so that will suffice this time around. Hopefully something good pops up in the store.

They replaced everything but Arular. Said they were out of replacements, which sucks because I literally received my box on Wednesday the 21st. It’s been a long time since I’ve received one that late. They gave me $40 in store credit, so that will suffice this time around. Hopefully something good pops up in the store.
You can hit up the Vinyl Flat thread on here too and someone may be able to level that Arular up for you too.

Four out of the five records I received were almost as bad. I live in Tennessee. It hasn’t been above 60 the last three days. When this package arrived, the high was 52. Something major went wrong with this. I struggle with how much warp/wobble is appropriate, so it’s hard to say how many “good” albums I’ve sent back for peace of mind. This however, way too much and probably sounds awful. I wasn’t putting my needle down on it.
also in East, TN and we have less mileage for these to travel, too.

I also get a ton of QC issues but almost never physical damage on the packaging/sleeves. Could it be that our Canadian politeness runs so deep that it affects our mail delivery as well? Eh????

Canadian politeness is overrated, especially in the big cities. More likely packages travel less distance to folks in Vancouver and Toronto as they are close to the border. I get quite a few seam splits and dings, but my VMP packages are travelling 7000 km from Saddle Creek, through Mississauga.

In my experience, it's almost entirely dependent on how good the packaging is. And, this might be coincidental, but I find you get what you pay for in terms of shipping and packaging. The two vinyl sellers that build shipping into their cost (Amazon and VMP), have the worst packaging, while smaller retailers that charge for shipping (or have a high "free" threshold) are better (whiplash mailers, etc.).

Canadian politeness is overrated, especially in the big cities. More likely packages travel less distance to folks in Vancouver and Toronto as they are close to the border. I get quite a few seam splits and dings, but my VMP packages are travelling 7000 km from Saddle Creek, through Mississauga.

In my experience, it's almost entirely dependent on how good the packaging is. And, this might be coincidental, but I find you get what you pay for in terms of shipping and packaging. The two vinyl sellers that build shipping into their cost (Amazon and VMP), have the worst packaging, while smaller retailers that charge for shipping (or have a high "free" threshold) are better (whiplash mailers, etc.).
In general, agree. I am in Toronto, and in 4 years, have never received a seam split or corner ding (or warp for that matter) from VMP, and I find their packaging hugely better than Amazon.

Amazon - people have to understand that free shipping is going to be cheapest shipping. Can't suck and blow.

Yeah, that’s fair enough! It’s expensive but great value for me as I live in Australia (free shipping) and I really love The Diary Of Alicia Keys + this is a stunning exclusive variant! Plus, the other pressing I had didn’t sound good so it was a big upgrade sound quality wise!

I’m very excited for that King Curtis ROTM! I listened to it the other day and really enjoyed it so I cannot wait to listen to it in audiophile form! I love both the May and June Classics ROTM picks!

Turns out I had a non-member friend order a copy for me around the time we were having this discussion, much to my absolute surprise! It's not here yet, but they informed me an hour or so ago that it is en route. I'm both flabbergasted and thrilled!

Does anyone know if there is a way to see how much credit is in your account without actually putting a record in your basket and going through the process? Cant seem to find anything on the membership page but I might just be looking in the wrong area.

Does anyone know if there is a way to see how much credit is in your account without actually putting a record in your basket and going through the process? Cant seem to find anything on the membership page but I might just be looking in the wrong area.
go to your account ("my account" > "membership") page, and in the top bar you should see it:

1619442284007.png

don't the may ones come first?

They do, my question was about the timing of swaps though, they both show the same time, which is 12PM EDT or 5pm+1 GMT.

It's been a year or so since they have been at that time, swaps have generally been going live about 10pm GMT. They haven't shown it as GMT before either, my assumption was that the international times displayed might be wrong.

Screenshot 2021-04-26 at 16.07.05.png

They do, my question was about the timing of swaps though, they both show the same time, which is 12PM EDT or 5pm+1 GMT.

It's been a year or so since they have been at that time, swaps have generally been going live about 10pm GMT. They haven't shown it as GMT before either, my assumption was that the international times displayed might be wrong.

View attachment 97002
It changed on the website a week or so ago, but there hasn't been any sort of announcement.

VMP has gone from 1 shipment per month - ROTM and anything you've purchased that's being released that month - to just random-ass shipments whenever this month. Got shipment notifications for Leon Spencer and Al Green last week (ROTMs have already arrived long ago), and today a shipment notification for Spiritualized.

Anyone else getting random shipment notifications?

EDIT: Thought Outkast would ship but I think since I bought it with Davis/Coltrane they'll ship together. Everything that's shipped was a separate order.

VMP has gone from 1 shipment per month - ROTM and anything you've purchased that's being released that month - to just random-ass shipments whenever this month. Got shipment notifications for Leon Spencer and Al Green last week (ROTMs have already arrived long ago), and today a shipment notification for Spiritualized.

yep

EDIT: Thought Outkast would ship but I think since I bought it with Davis/Coltrane they'll ship together. Everything that's shipped was a separate order.
Yep, Lazer Guided Melodies shipped out today on its own, though the two records from the 100th restock haven’t like some others have reported.

View attachment 97002
Well, its 5PM and no movement that I can see?

Back