Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

There are 203 copies left of Motor City Scene and 313 copies left of Galt MacDermot’s The Nucleus!

Out of the two, I’m pretty sure the Galt MacDermot will sell out first! It’s only USD$25, is AAA and hasn’t shipped yet! It’s also the better record in my opinion!
Thank you so much! Going to go ahead and spring on the Nucleus, seems like it’s selling pretty quick. Don’t see that make it to the ship date! You’re the best dude, appreciate your help

Any Other Dust: Private Issue Jazz (2001-2005)
could be pretty cool, i guess the name implies how jazz has been tossed away like dust in the 21st century (BNM, possibly a light one like an 8.3 though)
I Am The Tambourines: Southern Californian Christian Ska 2001-2006

hahah
Fascinating comp, never will listen to it after the first time because you understand the idea on song 2
Welcome To Where The Future Wasn't: Midwestern R&B 2001-2006😂
weirdly cringe, had a good chance
I Am The Breeze: Russian Experimental (1988-1992)
easy BNM, explores a unique time post where experimentation was in full force as the soviet union collapsed (though probably should be called soviet experimental seeing as that was the era)
Seems like a fair number of us are into Christian Ska!

Thinking About Between: Philadelphia Christian Ska 1975-1980
California made more sense, but this has a little more context and nuance to it
Watching Center : Early Harsh Noise 1988-1991
incredibly interesting and invigorating, probably would get BNM
Big bad poppin daddies : New York New Age 1988-1992
the name is weird, but the new age is pretty
I Can See Today: Southern Californian New Age 1988-1992

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
this is way too fitting im surprised its not already a comp
Tomorrow's Dirt: Japanese Punk 2001-2003
DEFINITE BUY.. probably a lot of number boys

Thank you so much! Going to go ahead and spring on the Nucleus, seems like it’s selling pretty quick. Don’t see that make it to the ship date! You’re the best dude, appreciate your help
Anytime Ghost! Feel free to always ask about the stock levels on any VMP exclusive! ☺️👍

Wasn’t exactly sure where to post this, so I figured I would come here. I get very behind on listening to records, and I just now pulled out my Fountains of Wayne BFRSD purchase, and it came with two C/D records... does anyone know where I can reach out and possibly get an A/B side?!

Wasn’t exactly sure where to post this, so I figured I would come here. I get very behind on listening to records, and I just now pulled out my Fountains of Wayne BFRSD purchase, and it came with two C/D records... does anyone know where I can reach out and possibly get an A/B side?!
Was this a Vinyl Me, Please exclusive? If it was a VMP exclusive, even if it was purchased a while ago, I would contact the customer service team and I’m sure they’ll either give you credit or will compensate you in some way! 😊

So, after knowing that we are going to be getting an audiophile exclusive pressing of one of the sexiest albums of all-time; Leon Ware’s Musical Massage, I am CRAVING for VMP to do another super sexy exclusive! 🙈😈🙋‍♂️🙏

It doesn’t need to be a Rippie Minerton or Marvin Gaye or D’Angelo album, but even something like Portishead to Neon Indian or The XX’s debut would be deliciously sexy! Even Kali Uchis’ sultry, bold, dreamy, bilingual album she just realised would be sexy as! 😍

Hope the VMP store exclusives go off with a 💥 for 2021!!! I’m super keen to see what store exclusives we get this year!!! 👀

Was this a Vinyl Me, Please exclusive? If it was a VMP exclusive, even if it was purchased a while ago, I would contact the customer service team and I’m sure they’ll either give you credit or will compensate you in some way! 😊
@NathanRicaud sounds like it was a RSDBF release, not VMP

@Sparks_03 This release? RSDBF '20 Special Release: Fountains Of Wayne - Welcome Interstate Managers

This is the thread that may have people to help:

I'm assuming you bought it a while ago and - I don't know this, so correct me if I'm wrong - it was a limited release and now hard to find? If that's the case, I'll assume where you bought it from has no more copies and, if they did, you may have bought it too long ago for them to lend a sympathetic ear.

I would suggest a couple courses of action:

1) Pop into the aforementioned N&G thread and put out feelers. You may have people with an extra copy or copy they don't mind parting with and willing to sell it to you at a reasonable price (or even PIF, as happens in this place).

2) It looks like it was put out by Real Gone-Music (per the RSD site). Email their CS and explain your situation. I have no experience with them so I don't know how that will go - whether or not they have stock to spare.

Finally, have you listened to both records? Looking at the Discogs comment section, it looks like at least one other person got duplicate C/D labels. But they say LABELS which sounds to me like it may be mislabeled but not mispressed; so if you haven't listened, I would try confirming what actual music is on the pressing (or simply look to see if the grooves are identical on both). Additionally, it sounds like 2021 will have more pressing variants of this album (at least according to Discogers).

@NathanRicaud sounds like it was a RSDBF release, not VMP

@Sparks_03 This release? RSDBF '20 Special Release: Fountains Of Wayne - Welcome Interstate Managers

This is the thread that may have people to help:

I'm assuming you bought it a while ago and - I don't know this, so correct me if I'm wrong - it was a limited release and now hard to find? If that's the case, I'll assume where you bought it from has no more copies and, if they did, you may have bought it too long ago for them to lend a sympathetic ear.

I would suggest a couple courses of action:

1) Pop into the aforementioned N&G thread and put out feelers. You may have people with an extra copy or copy they don't mind parting with and willing to sell it to you at a reasonable price (or even PIF, as happens in this place).

2) It looks like it was put out by Real Gone-Music (per the RSD site). Email their CS and explain your situation. I have no experience with them so I don't know how that will go - whether or not they have stock to spare.

Finally, have you listened to both records? Looking at the Discogs comment section, it looks like at least one other person got duplicate C/D labels. But they say LABELS which sounds to me like it may be mislabeled but not mispressed; so if you haven't listened, I would try confirming what actual music is on the pressing (or simply look to see if the grooves are identical on both). Additionally, it sounds like 2021 will have more pressing variants of this album (at least according to Discogers).
Ahhhh good looking out Lord! This information will be super useful for @Sparks_03 ! 😊

More Zamrock coming at ya

Very tempting just because I have no faith in Strawberry Rain getting their shit together enough to release this on standard black!

Damn good price for members.

$30 for a 2 Disc AAA mastered at Sterling

Not really my cup of tea, but they have really been kicking butt with quality exclusives lately.

Back