Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Purposefully not checking out Bicep or Buck Meek. Got WOD and passing on Avalanches because I bet the standard will be all over vinyldeals sooner than later
Yeah, I can definitely imagine Amazon selling The Avalanches vinyl for a cheap price once it gets released and is fully shipping!

I’m still going to try and get the VMP pressing for The Avalanches, even though it’s expensive! Just gonna wait until I get a coupon code or for a storewide sale!

i dont want the bubble to burst because then brand new albums i love will not be pressed on vinyl and then it will be hard to get a great physical copy of an album

(i dont like CDs because if i wanted digital i'll just stream)

Although, I should also mention that I got into vinyl buying because IT WAS CHEAPER THAN CDS.

Yup. Even as recently as 2007 that was still the case.
Yup. That’s why I made the jump. Bought my first vinyl in 2006. You mean I can get OK Computer and Sufjan Stevens Illinoise for markedly less than their CD counterparts? And get huge beautiful artwork and packaging???

Yup. That’s why I made the jump. Bought my first vinyl in 2006. You mean I can get OK Computer and Sufjan Stevens Illinoise for markedly less than their CD counterparts? And get huge beautiful artwork and packaging???
I was buying new vinyl from Hot Topic's clearance section of all places in '08. Vampire Weekend, Manchester Orchestra, Radiohead, you name it — all for $10 or less.

Although, I should also mention that I got into vinyl buying because IT WAS CHEAPER THAN CDS.

Yup. Even as recently as 2007 that was still the case.
I used to get classic rock & jazz LP's from a record shop, Moonies (no relation to the Unification Movement), in my area for less than $5 a pop when I was a teen. The shop is long gone. Back then I had no idea what grading was and didn't seem to hear or care about surface noise.

Oh the halcyon days pre-hipsters.

That Illinois and Michigan were trifold and like $13.99 or something insane. They'd charge $30 today.

That Illinois and Michigan were trifold and like $13.99 or something insane. They'd charge $30 today.
I picked up Illinois and Band of Horses Everything All The Time from the Record Fair inside the first annual Pitchfork Music Fest in 2006. I remember it because they were the first new records I had ever purchased at that point, Illinois was like $15 and BOH was $10.

Weird, I haven't gotten this email. I know some people have had Stankonia shipped already so I wonder how many people are actually affected by this.
Yeah a friend of mine who just joined for that album got a tracking number a few days ago. So over VMP.

I have tracking for mine I quit VMP for awhile just signed back up for 3 months. I used to be BOTS but I guess if you quit and join back they bump you up

Back