Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I hope VMP do some early 80’s funk exclusives like Sylk, Phase 7 and Patrice Rushen! 🤞

I would love it if they did Breakwater’s Splashdown! The track “Release The Beast” is mega! Such an iconic song that Daft Punk heavily sampled! 👾

I would also really like if they did Slave’s Stone Jam! The song “Watching You” is just perfection! It’s a summer, moody, sexy, quirky funky song! 🌴

I would also love if they did some early Kashif, Evelyn Champagne King or Howard Johnson! That would be so fun and funky! 💃🕺

I just want a great reissue of Vanity 6’s self-titled to be honest! 😩😩😩

Has anyone gotten shipping updates on the Courtney Marie Andrews or Mojo Buford albums? Both orders were placed in April and still no shipping info. Getting radio silence from CS for past 5 days.
I ordered this last month so expected it to ship with my records this month. When it didn’t I contacted CS to ask for an update. Haven’t heard back yet. Weird it looks like it’s in stock so not sure what the issue is.

Got all shipping notices except for Margo Guryan today.

When The Pawn...
L.A. Woman
Hail Ceasar!
Money Talks
Buena Vista Social Club
Fanny
Outlaw

Like the Fetch The Bolt Cutters that shipped out a few days ago, none are found in my Informed Delivery.

I don't know if this is a VMP issue, tho. Probably an issue with USPS - as I think I have others coming in that aren't found there either.

For everyone that's looking to avoid VMP, the Soul Jazz reissue series is starting to see pre-orders for the standard pressings. This has also confirmed the next 2 releases in the 4-part series (there's also an additional limited pressing of an extra one for RSD). It looks like it's going to be 'Doug Carn feat. The Voice of Jean Carn - Spirit Of The New Land' and 'The Awakening - Hear, Sense And Feel'.

Sound Of The Universe here in London have the pre-orders up for £26 each

Screenshot 2020-08-21 at 12.14.38.png

For everyone that's looking to avoid VMP, the Soul Jazz reissue series is starting to see pre-orders for the standard pressings. This has also confirmed the next 2 releases in the 4-part series (there's also an additional limited pressing of an extra one for RSD). It looks like it's going to be 'Doug Carn feat. The Voice of Jean Carn - Spirit Of The New Land' and 'The Awakening - Hear, Sense And Feel'.

Sound Of The Universe here in London have the pre-orders up for £26 each

View attachment 62412
I'm so excited to get all of these! These are all wonderful albums! I love Jean Carn's vocals on Spirit Of The New Land so much! I just can't wait to spin all of these albums on my turntable! I hope the pressings for these sound great! I'm sure they will! 😊

Got all shipping notices except for Margo Guryan today.

When The Pawn...
L.A. Woman
Hail Ceasar!
Money Talks
Buena Vista Social Club
Fanny
Outlaw

Like the Fetch The Bolt Cutters that shipped out a few days ago, none are found in my Informed Delivery.

I don't know if this is a VMP issue, tho. Probably an issue with USPS - as I think I have others coming in that aren't found there either.

Depending which post office its passing through, not everything is getting scanned at the moment due to the current administrations attempts to steal the election.

Received one of my last big batches of VMP stuff today. Sadly, Sampa The Great has a huge weird piece of black gunk melted into the wax on one side. Was really looking forward to this one and I'm assuming VMP doesn't have any replacements left...hoping they give me a refund at least.

Received one of my last big batches of VMP stuff today. Sadly, Sampa The Great has a huge weird piece of black gunk melted into the wax on one side. Was really looking forward to this one and I'm assuming VMP doesn't have any replacements left...hoping they give me a refund at least.
They already refunded me store credit which is surprising that they got back to me so quickly...

I guess, but to me outside of the shade of blue it looks absolutely nothing like the mockup. Like @Edd from WBC said, VMP needs to have an actual test copy to use as their mockups rather than just an artist rendering. It’s why the WBC variant looks so much closer to what people are getting compared to VMP. Just reeks of laziness.

On the plus side: the music is incredible, which at the end of the day is the most important thing.

I guess, but to me outside of the shade of blue it looks absolutely nothing like the mockup. Like @Edd from WBC said, VMP needs to have an actual test copy to use as their mockups rather than just an artist rendering. It’s why the WBC variant looks so much closer to what people are getting compared to VMP. Just reeks of laziness.

On the plus side: the music is incredible, which at the end of the day is the most important thing.
Fair enough. I've wanted this album for awhile (lost out on an OG pressing on ebay not that long before this repress) so I didn't entirely buy this for the color/mockup. I haven't spun mine yet but glad to hear it sounds good!

I'm not entirely sure how they do these mockup images...does the pressing plant actually make one and take a pic of it? I'm guessing its not 'shopped...If so, I'm guessing that the pressing plant has the same disclaimer that VMP has now.

Update: I think they sent me @Mather’s copy by mistake, as it has a huge warp in it. I didn’t really notice it on Side A, but you can practically fit a roll of nickels under it with Side B.
Yea--but does it affect the sound??

- VMP customer service

(bummer that it's warped...I'll check mine and hopefully not the same issue. Listening to BVSC now and it sounds pretty great to my ears.)

Fair enough. I've wanted this album for awhile (lost out on an OG pressing on ebay not that long before this repress) so I didn't entirely buy this for the color/mockup. I haven't spun mine yet but glad to hear it sounds good!

I'm not entirely sure how they do these mockup images...does the pressing plant actually make one and take a pic of it? I'm guessing its not 'shopped...If so, I'm guessing that the pressing plant has the same disclaimer that VMP has now.

The pressing plant probably has a bunch of designs to choose from and VMP uses those artist mockups for the majority of their exclusives. Their ROTMs at least seem to use actual copies of the records in question to give you a better idea of what it’ll look like.

The pressing plant probably has a bunch of designs to choose from and VMP uses those artist mockups for the majority of their exclusives. Their ROTMs at least seem to use actual copies of the records in question to give you a better idea of what it’ll look like.

This is basically what @NewsFedora said, with GZ and others. And you never get exactly what you’ve seen on the book. This is why the mockup must be done with a real picture of the vinyl.
For those who are using Discogs, it is in the guide lines submission : mock up are forbidden.

this was said before, but for most of their exclusives they don't see the records before they hit their warehouse. They buy a certaincolour that the label gets pressed with their other colour variants, insist on getting their stamps on the jacket and the records go straight to their fulfillment center which is states away from vmp headquarters

Update: I think they sent me @Mather’s copy by mistake, as it has a huge warp in it. I didn’t really notice it on Side A, but you can practically fit a roll of nickels under it with Side B.
Well hey, if they get you a replacement I urge you to please send my copy over to me POST HASTE THANK YOU VERY MUCH

I have to give a bit of praise to VMP customer service. I know they get a lot of hate on here, and it can't be easy. But they sometimes get it right & they are always trying their best.

I just got my copy of Eugene Mcdaniel's Outlaw, a record a put back in the racks over 20 years ago when I picked up the Headless Heroes repress (something I've regretted for a long time). I sat down after another shitty day of zoom calls, washed down some food with beer & wine then opened the latest delivery. Put the needle on the record, sounded great, it gets to the intro of silent majority (one of the best songs ever), and starts to pop, then gets stuck in locked a groove. Only 300 of these pressed & I must have ordered it months ago, I think there is no chance. I e-mail customer services, put on another record and before the first track has finished they have responded and processed a new order.

Back