Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I wholeheartedly disagree with this. I’d say they’re bad news specifically - that is, specific to the person who misuses them. And that’s what the companies are banking on, quite literally. But I think in general there is nothing good or bad about cards. All goes down to the specific person.
If you know how to manage money, credit cards give you more of it to manage lol. Cash back/mileage really adds up fast.

If you know how to manage money, credit cards give you more of it to manage lol. Cash back/mileage really adds up fast.

Yeah, there are two round-trip, cross-country flights each year (along with the checked bag fees) that I simply do not pay for because of my credit card rewards. Definitely worth the $75 annual fee. Like others have said, I’d feel like I was leaving money on the table if I just paid using cash or a debit card for all of those expenses and didn’t earn any rewards.

They are also a much SAFER payment method than a debit card because you have the ability to dispute the charges before the money is taken out of your account and most CC companies are good (at least in my experience) about removing fraudulent charges so you don’t actually lose any money. No one can clean out your checking account if all they have is your credit card number.

They also give you flexibility to pay for things at a later date (even without carrying a balance) which can be helpful in certain situations if you don’t have an emergency fund or cushion and you have a big bill due a day or two BEFORE your paycheck comes in. Not ideal to rely on this but it’s handy in a pinch and you’re still not paying any interest as long as you pay it off each month.

Debit cards work fine with these tasks. Though you go get some added protections on car rentals by putting it on a credit card.

Exactly. The only thing I’d be slightly nervous of with a debit card on car rentals is that they can put a hold on an amount of money that is released once the car comes back fine. That’s ok on a credit card but is a bollocks if it’s tying up a portion of your actual money.

Exactly. The only thing I’d be slightly nervous of with a debit card on car rentals is that they can put a hold on an amount of money that is released once the car comes back fine. That’s ok on a credit card but is a bollocks if it’s tying up a portion of your actual money.
Yeah, Debit Cards are not ideal but if you are against CC’s and have enough in your account to cover the holds it’s certainly manageable.

Yeah, Debit Cards are not ideal but if you are against CC’s and have enough in your account to cover the holds it’s certainly manageable.

FWIW I was not allowed to rent a car with my debit card last year in Florida. Fortunately, my Gf had her business credit card but without that we could have been in a situation where we had all our hotels and tours booked and no car to get there. To be very exact, I was not allowed because the start and the end of the rent was not matching with our flight dates (we were giving the car back three days before our departure since we were spending the end of our holidays in Miami).

So here's another example of VMP just being very... weird with their correspondence. So I discovered my old copy of Four Tet is very poppy on side 4, I emailed them just to see if there's any chance I could get a replacement for less than full price, it's two years old so I didn't expect a replacement. So a new CS rep gets back to me and tells me he can't replace it because it's too old (fine yes I get that, I literally wrote than in my email) and then tells me they don't have any replacements for it anyhow. Uhhhh, you LITERALLY have it for sale in your store right now! What are you even talking about? It's just so strange, like... Are you a bot? What is happening over there?

So here's another example of VMP just being very... weird with their correspondence. So I discovered my old copy of Four Tet is very poppy on side 4, I emailed them just to see if there's any chance I could get a replacement for less than full price, it's two years old so I didn't expect a replacement. So a new CS rep gets back to me and tells me he can't replace it because it's too old (fine yes I get that, I literally wrote than in my email) and then tells me they don't have any replacements for it anyhow. Uhhhh, you LITERALLY have it for sale in your store right now! What are you even talking about? It's just so strange, like... Are you a bot? What is happening over there?
Oh. That one's easy to explain. You don't see any "replacements" on the site; the copies you see are available for purchase for $34. For all its shortcoming and kinks, the new inventory system is very good at distinguishing between replacements and full-priced copies, and unfortunately, it indicates that there are currently no replacements available. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you are satisfied with your customer service experience today. We value your feedback! Now please fill out the short survey and move along so that I can be not at all helpful to the next customer in the queue.

Oh. That one's easy to explain. You don't see any "replacements" on the site; the copies you see are available for purchase for $34. For all its shortcoming and kinks, the new inventory system is very good at distinguishing between replacements and full-priced copies, and unfortunately, it indicates that there are currently no replacements available. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you are satisfied with your customer service experience today. We value your feedback! Now please fill out the short survey and move along so that I can be not at all helpful to the next customer in the queue.
BIG SAD FACE

Ah, funny you mention it: “Big Sad Face” will be our next new sticker! (PS: Our stickers are part of the reason for the price increase!)
Ok, we heard all the complaints. We have decided that for the 50% increase in price we will give you 100% more stickers per month. We are the best value in Vinyls.

Happened to me a few months ago too. I had to email them in to get my ROTM "released" over a month after it was announced...AKA they forgot to ship it.
I promptly replied with the fact the records I paid for have been out for a month and I have been waiting. I admittedly was not very nice in this response, but they've exhausted my patience. I told them I wanted answers and that i would pursue them until they came clean.

Back