Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

This financial recklessness is so worrying.If you want to make a sensible investment I have some magic beans left over. I traded most of them to @Mather as he made his way to market for his cow, Daisy, but these leftover stock are strictly limited edition.

Also @NathanRicaud I’m still representing that Prince. Send me €1,000 to help cover the probate costs and he’s willing to share half of his inheritance. I can send you the email prospectus no bother...

What colour are the magic beans and how limited? Are the heirloom? Come on you have to know this stuff or I am not going to buy them!! Damn just take my money now!!

They are ‘Heinz Baked Orange’ colour. Strictly limited to 7500. The first 3000 come with a limited edition metallic style tin opener.

Please note colour, magic powers and wether or not they actually are beans may differ from description.

Alright I’ll do them allll

Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
Kill the Moonlight
Gimme Fiction
Transference
Hot Thoughts
Girls Can Tell
Series of Sneaks
Telefono/Soft Effects
They Want My Soul

I think Transference is the one people need to revisit. It’s absolutely amazing and imo their sleeper masterpiece. I love the demo like style to it. Some songs seem like sketches
Fair enough but I think you need to revisit They Want My Soul because that album is a companion piece to their masterwork Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga 👌

They are ‘Heinz Baked Orange’ colour. Strictly limited to 7500. The first 3000 come with a limited edition metallic style tin opener.

Please note colour, magic powers and wether or not they actually are beans may differ from description.

May I add Super Bacon and swap Potatoes of Wisdom for a Rainbow Egg?

No by could/would dynamics doesn’t really mean anything. 4 threads or 400 is the same to me. People use them. I’m using them. And when we don’t they will drop off as you said.

What I don’t get is the perception that a store, a commercial capitalist venture, is so different from HMV or Sound Of Vinyl. If I were to go on here and hyperbole every limited pressing they had it would sound ridiculous. VMP however we still look back as that start upwho would send us the wrong record (or 10) and not ask for it returned, or who would give us a full refund for damage then forget they did so and send us a replacement. So we felt they were our chums. That’s why people feel stung now.
I agree with you about the hyperbole being different and unwarranted, but most people on here aren't doing that. There's a lot more whining and negative comments (myself especially) regarding VMP as well.

I never had a positive emotional connection to them beyond them being a store that gave me some records I'm glad I have. I understand that isn't universal and I certainly relate to and share the negative emotions regarding them shutting the forum down, but I'm glad we made it here. I guess I just don't see what that has to do with multiple threads. If N&G ever has 3 ROTM guess threads going, I would advocate for them to be separate for the same reason, even though they probably wouldn't be as busy as any of the VMP threads have in the past.

I do expect the VMP threads to see less posts in the coming months, but we'll see I guess.

I guess I just don't see what that has to do with multiple threads. If N&G ever has 3 ROTM guess threads going, I would advocate for them to be separate for the same reason, even though they probably wouldn't be as busy as any of the VMP threads have in the past.

I don’t feel that’s a fair comparison. It’s actually really disingenuous.

One is giving one particular store, one that’s burnt people on here in particular preferential treatment over all other stores. No publicity is bad publicity and it gives all their releases a huge public airing that no one else is.

As you well know the other isn't a store, it’s in effect a self run “book club” style monthly recommendations thread by a different member from the forum. There’s no self interest, beyond the kudos of a good pick, or monetary benefit, it’s actually the very nexus of a positive community centric idea. Also as the person managing it for now I am dead against any thoughts of more than one a month.

I don’t feel that’s a fair comparison. It’s actually really disingenuous.

One is giving one particular store, one that’s burnt people on here in particular preferential treatment over all other stores. No publicity is bad publicity and it gives all their releases a huge public airing that no one else is.

As you well know the other isn't a store, it’s in effect a self run “book club” style monthly recommendations thread by a different member from the forum. There’s no self interest, beyond the kudos of a good pick, or monetary benefit, it’s actually the very nexus of a positive community centric idea. Also as the person managing it for now I am dead against any thoughts of more than one a month.
I wasn't comparing them in that way at all though. I was specifically comparing the fact that people who are interested in a particular aspect that they want to discuss, or a particular track, don't want to be overwhelmed with hundreds of posts about a different topic or track, so it makes functional sense to separate them. I don't understand how that is preferential treatment, unless mods are shutting down similar splits for other stores. If they are doing that I think that is a bad thing.

I wasn't comparing them in that way at all though. I was specifically comparing the fact that people who are interested in a particular aspect that they want to discuss, or a particular track, don't want to be overwhelmed with hundreds of posts about a different topic or track, so it makes functional sense to separate them. I don't understand how that is preferential treatment, unless mods are shutting down similar splits for other stores. If they are doing that I think that is a bad thing.

Yes but by putting them in the same post you are inviting comparison and you know you are. They are absolutely not comparable in any way. Other stores don’t have posts at all. Their releases go in the pre-order thread. Other clubs do but just one for the club not one for every stream that they offer. VMP gets a gross amount of free publicity on here.

This financial recklessness is so worrying.If you want to make a sensible investment I have some magic beans left over. I traded most of them to @Mather as he made his way to market for his cow, Daisy, but these leftover stock are strictly limited edition.
What colour are the magic beans and how limited? Are the heirloom? Come on you have to know this stuff or I am not going to buy them!! Damn just take my money now!!
They are very sexy beans.

May I add Super Bacon and swap Potatoes of Wisdom for a Rainbow Egg?
EVERYONE STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY GODDAMN MAGIC BEANS

Last edited:
Yes but by putting them in the same post you are inviting comparison and you know you are. They are absolutely not comparable in any way. Other stores don’t have posts at all. Their releases go in the pre-order thread. Other clubs do but just one for the club not one for every stream that they offer. VMP gets a gross amount of free publicity on here.
I don't know what you think my motives are, but I meant precisely what I said. The very valid comparison was predicated on clues and guess threads. It would be obnoxious and confusing to have three different sets of clues to keep straight, nevermind all of the different aspects discussed in this thread. That is my only point. I agree it can't be compared in other ways and that wasn't my intent.

This is a public forum, people talk about what they want to talk about. VMP must be by far the most popular vinyl club in the world, so of course there are far more posts about it and a greater need for thread separation. I'm puzzled by any attempt to analyze that as positive towards them. It seems pretty objective to me. A very large number of the posts are negative as well.

Sorry folks, due to a logistical error I have mistakenly sent demonic sweetcorn instead of magic beans to a percentage of our subscribers (100%). As a result your magic beans will arrive later this year, probably November but who knows. To keep the quality and unique colours in place we are raising our prices from one cow on the way to market to one cow and a pig, or your firstborn child. We’re sure you’ll love our magic beans when you receive them. Our early subscriber, Mr @Mather had these words of praise ‘EVERYONE STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY GODDAMN MAGIC BEANS’.

Back