Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

But if you send them back you will enter a raffle to win vmps new coffee table book "americas best pasta sauces" from their resident editorial director / classics a&r / food critic or an anorak or a woodstock grateful dead box set.

Only because missing copy/paste errors in your own writing is such a key editorial skill the book went to print with the title of ā€œAmericaā€™s best v saucesā€...

Give them a break. Not like the Shopify software could prevent this. It took them 6mons to figure out where the radio button was that limited people to only 2 copies per checkout.

And they clearly haven't limited it, still.

They never gave me the credit that I swapped for. I pointed that out and mentioned that I couldn't have used credit for the Alfredo, because I didn't have it and now it's sold out. They apologized and gave me my credit. I followed up pointing out the backdoor issue where, if non-members can order whatever number of copies they want, and members are limited, there's more incentive to not be a member. I don't know how many people grabbed 10 cppies, or even if someone grabbed 100, but if they actually do something about this and free up copies by canceling the overages, I'd like to be able to buy one.

Here's the response

"I'll go ahead and add you to our wait list for that title. I'm not sure if we are able to make more copies available but if we do, we'll let you know.

We are aware of that system 'hack' and currently have a team working on it. I believe someone was able to order 10 copies but no more than that. Even if we do decide to take action on this order, that would only free up 8 copies and that would only cover a small percentage of the very large waitlist we have going.

I appreciate you letting us know about this but I think it was simply just really popular and sold out quickly. Again, I'm very sorry for this, let me know if anything else comes up.
"

Only 1 person ordered 10? Nobody else, at all, ordered more than 2 copies?

They didn't even give me my credit swap and tried to cut my membership by a month. This is about a number of overlapping issues.

They have a team working on it.

Didn't they claim to have already fixed it.

Looks like we are getting the Peanuts drop tomorrow after all:

peanuts_portraits_vinyl_store_800x.jpg

They never gave me the credit that I swapped for. I pointed that out and mentioned that I couldn't have used credit for the Alfredo, because I didn't have it and now it's sold out. They apologized and gave me my credit. I followed up pointing out the backdoor issue where, if non-members can order whatever number of copies they want, and members are limited, there's more incentive to not be a member. I don't know how many people grabbed 10 cppies, or even if someone grabbed 100, but if they actually do something about this and free up copies by canceling the overages, I'd like to be able to buy one.

Here's the response

"I'll go ahead and add you to our wait list for that title. I'm not sure if we are able to make more copies available but if we do, we'll let you know.

We are aware of that system 'hack' and currently have a team working on it. I believe someone was able to order 10 copies but no more than that. Even if we do decide to take action on this order, that would only free up 8 copies and that would only cover a small percentage of the very large waitlist we have going.

I appreciate you letting us know about this but I think it was simply just really popular and sold out quickly. Again, I'm very sorry for this, let me know if anything else comes up.
"

They didn't even give me my credit swap and tried to cut my membership by a month. This is about a number of overlapping issues.

i'm on that "internal waitlist" as well. will be interesting to see if it's actually a thing or if additional copies (which will definitely become available) just end up dumped into the store unannounced.

Here's the response

"

Don't worry...only (at least) 1 person was able to order 5x the number of records they were supposed to. I could be wrong and I think even the site said "2 per ORDER", not 2 per account. Just wait til we see places like Vinceron selling 40+ copies of it when it ships.

I appreciate you letting us know about this but I think it was simply just really popular and sold out quickly.

Uh huh--that's the issue for sure. People ordering multiple copies had nothing to do with it...Also lol at the "Even if we do decide to take action on this order". Why would they not cancel 8 of the 10 at least? Say sorry--it was meant to be 2 per customer max. This happened with Music Matters' last website fiasco on drop day and they cancelled any orders of more than 1. It's not difficult to do.

Store drops should be member exclusive for the first few days. Period. No loopholes, no non-members. Then open it up to non-members if it hasn't sold out at a slightly higher price. Otherwise you're right--it makes more sense NOT to be a member.

Don't worry...only (at least) 1 person was able to order 5x the number of records they were supposed to. I could be wrong and I think even the site said "2 per ORDER", not 2 per account. Just wait til we see places like Vinceron selling 40+ copies of it when it ships.

I appreciate you letting us know about this but I think it was simply just really popular and sold out quickly.

Uh huh--that's the issue for sure. People ordering multiple copies had nothing to do with it...Also lol at the "Even if we do decide to take action on this order". Why would they not cancel 8 of the 10 at least? Say sorry--it was meant to be 2 per customer max. This happened with Music Matters' last website fiasco on drop day and they cancelled any orders of more than 1. It's not difficult to do.

Store drops should be member exclusive for the first few days. Period. No loopholes, no non-members. Then open it up to non-members if it hasn't sold out at a slightly higher price. Otherwise you're right--it makes more sense NOT to be a member.
That is, unless you want the ROTM.

i'm on that "internal waitlist" as well. will be interesting to see if it's actually a thing or if additional copies (which will definitely become available) just end up dumped into the store unannounced.
Mmmmmmm yeah, itā€™ll be interesting to see if the ā€œinternal waitlistā€ really is a thing or not! I really hope you end up getting a copy Hunna! šŸ¤ž

If they just dump additional copies into the store unannounced, weā€™re both screwed as weā€™ll be asleep when then happens! šŸ˜©šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ’¤

I agree with one added statement.
ā€œLimitedā€ store drops should only be member exclusive for the first couple of days, heck even two weeks. HECK, make them member exclusive until ship month. I think, this is something we are going to see more of... or maybe itā€™ll transition to a monthly charge to non members to have member access to store... something about that reminds me of the specific type of questions they asked last time they sent a survey.

Back