Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

But VMP benefit so much from Black people’s art! This is why it’s outrageous they are staying silent! They need to show how caring they are, and give back! Imagine how happy so much Americans would be if VMP didn’t stay silent on this! Look at Bratz, how proud so many people would be with their statement!

It’s just wild what’s going on but I have this glimpse of hope changes will actually occur in the police force and positive changes will follow in relation to police brutality/black lives. So we need the push. And some of us are just expressing the frustration!

@Kyuuji - I’m so happy and proud you emailed VMP about this and asked if they are releasing a statement/acting upon the situation! 👏👏👏

Hello Nathan’s profile pic

Justice ? There are “woke” white people out here throwing bottles and rocks at black and Latino females but it’s okay because they’re wearing a police uniform. this level of violence on both sides is unacceptable.

People will remember.

Why wouldn't any company want to condemn systemic police violence against vulnerable communities?
If you can do it without glorifying these violent opportunistic mostly white protesters and looters that are causing irreparable damage to communities that they aren’t part of sure.

Probably aren’t gonna want to “both sides” this.
But there are two sides to these protesters . There are the Black protesters who are sad, angry , fed up but peaceful and absolutely don’t want to see their neighborhoods destroyed . Then there are the white protesters that are just looking for instragram cred or a night of wilding out in the city under the camouflage of being down, or woke but in reality they are escalating an already incredibly intense situation. Then they’ll retreat back to whatever burbs they slithered out from to tell their tall tales about throwing rocks at the pigs.

This company that makes money off of the product of black people, this company that employs, what, one? black person?, this company that just released a "box" set of black music and has a track devoted solely to the product of black people.....

Remains silent during this.

That is not ok.

Edit: I looked at their website, tried to look at "The Magazine" but god that site is horrible, and at their IG. I did not look at FB or Twitter or Tik Tok or anything else. Correct me if I'm wrong though, please.

I personally think corporate activism is toxic and almost never sincere anyway.

“Republicans buy records too” -VMP, probably

Yes, they do.

Last edited:
But there are two sides to these protesters . There are the Black protesters who are sad, angry , fed up but peaceful and absolutely don’t want to see their neighborhoods destroyed . Then there are the white protesters that are just looking for instragram cred or a night of wilding out in the city under the camouflage of being down, or woke but in reality they are escalating an already incredibly intense situation. Then they’ll retreat back to whatever burbs they slithered out from to tell their tall tales about throwing rocks at the pigs.
But both the protest and the rioting/looting are both symptoms of the disease of systemic violence and terror police regularly cause POC. None of this is as clear cut (or black and white) as you are stating. There are good people protesting peacefully of all races genders and creeds. There are people that start out peacefully protesting and then get gassed and shot with rubber bullets and punched and shoved and instinctually respond by mirroring what is coming at them. There are opportunistic looters (of all color) that are using the cover of the protest to destroy and steal. The bad shit that is happing has a root cause and until that is address this type of shit is gonna continue to happen.

Having the conversation of "this is a good protestor" and "this is a bad protestor" are used by the forces that be each night to justify rampant abuses by the police in countless cities now. It is designed to distract from what is happening. It is designed to confuse the question of, "what came first, police abuse of force or some broken windows?"

Some broken windows or even a torched building is a terrible reason to open up on a crowd of people that you know aren't the ones doing it. Thats not how our law enforcement is supposed to work in this country. But the moment there's a broken window so many people want to say that that makes it OK for what the pilice did. It doesn't. It shouldn't. Those people are wrong.

The fact that people are reacting more strongly to property destruction is exactly why its a viable tactic in a social justice movement.

The new Torres or the old one? Anyway Funkdafied. For this one I’m hitting it as a haiku

Funkdafied by Da Brat by Murfocakes

list of best hip hop
we tell you stock is low but
noone buys da brat
Lmao

Sorry forgot to specify - it would be permanent inventory resident Torres-Sprinter

Back