Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

If you haven't already, you may like to check the discogs site what prices look like there. There are also different versions of the vinyl, from different years. Unfortunately I can't check what it looks like when buying from the UK.

I'm not sure if this works from the UK, but when you check the German Amazon site amazon.de and try to order from their marketplace you also find a variety of sellers from Switzerland and the US.
Also there might be something on eBay UK? 🇬🇧

Thanks a lot for your good wishes. 🙂 The weird thing is that since over a week it says "customs cleared", so I guess it should move on, but didn't do that yet. I've contacted both DHL and Frankfurt customs, but haven't gotten any response yet.
I recently had a VMP package with a tracking saying "customs cleared" for more than two weeks until it finally showed up.
10 days later the tracking is still saying the same thing.
So I think you'll probably be fine! :)

I recently had a VMP package with a tracking saying "customs cleared" for more than two weeks until it finally showed up.
10 days later the tracking is still saying the same thing.
So I think you'll probably be fine! :)

That's great news, gives me some relief. 🙂 I never had any such situation with customs before.

I'm just wondering since I'm on 3 month international - so $36 swap credit. I'm on essentials and want the white stripes.

If I add on a track it's $23. Would it be possible that I add on let's say classics - swap it to white stripes and then bank the $36 swap credit for use on an exclusive not in the swap list?

I think this way I'll get my shabaka + white stripes without really needing to go through CS as I wanted.

I'm just wondering since I'm on 3 month international - so $36 swap credit. I'm on essentials and want the white stripes.

If I add on a track it's $23. Would it be possible that I add on let's say classics - swap it to white stripes and then bank the $36 swap credit for use on an exclusive not in the swap list?

I think this way I'll get my shabaka + white stripes without really needing to go through CS as I wanted.

I've been thinking about this method too, not for this month, but in general for when there's one RotM I don't want and nothing interesting is in swaps. I think it should be working. If you try it, please let us other Internationals know if this worked out.

Just in case you've joined for the 2 for 3 records deal in late March / early April, you of course would just get 1/3 of what you've paid, $24 for Internationals I think.

Last edited:

Since you have to email them to get the swap credit, I don’t think you would get the $36 since you’re still buying something with your main sub. You’d get $23 credit. But it’s VMP, so who knows.

Since you have to email them to get the swap credit, I don’t think you would get the $36 since you’re still buying something with your main sub. You’d get $23 credit. But it’s VMP, so who knows.

The way I understand it is that you only have to email them when you want more than one track getting changed into store credit. The first track wouldn't need any emailing.
VMP says:

"Yes, all tracks will have the ability to Swap for credit, though you'll only be able to Swap for credit once (even if you have all three tracks). If you'd like to Swap your other tracks for credit, please email us at info@vinylmeplease.com"

So in my opinion @uvwxVinyl 's idea should be working. Unless the system doesn't allow him to change his Classics to White Stripes the moment he changes Essentials to store credit.

The way I understand it is that you only have to email them when you want more than one track getting changed into store credit. The first track wouldn't need any emailing.
VMP says:

"Yes, all tracks will have the ability to Swap for credit, though you'll only be able to Swap for credit once (even if you have all three tracks). If you'd like to Swap your other tracks for credit, please email us at info@vinylmeplease.com"

So in my opinion @uvwxVinyl 's idea should be working. Unless the system doesn't allow him to change his Classics to White Stripes the moment he changes Essentials to store credit.
Interesting...my assumption would be they would implement something like when you have a deal of buy one get one free. You don’t get to make the more expensive one free. But VMP doesn’t know how to use their own website so...who really knows hah

In other news, this Grace Lightman is still great. A real grower. Oddly, we listened to this a ton in Iceland. The music is not great there, IMO.

It’s probably in my top 10 most listened to VMP albums and still holds up strong with every listen, very fun album.

This type of logic is how I live my entire life. I love seeing other people find work arounds for bulllshit systems like this.

The Koln Mainz match was decent. Mainz came back from 2 down to get a draw.

I've been thinking about this method too, not for this month, but in general for when there's one RotM I don't want and nothing interesting is in swaps. I think it should be working. If you try it, please let us other Internationals know if this worked out.

Just in case you've joined for the 2 for 3 records deal in late March / early April, you of course would just get 1/3 of what you've paid, $24 for Internationals I think.
Generally i would say that it should be possible if it works at all that intls get the 36$ in store credit, which woud be fair because getting 27$ store credit for investing 36$ a month to buy exclusives at the inflated vmp prices is not a good deal.

And doing swap for credit on anything but the main sub is nothing but giving vmp an interest free loan. If you dont want the add-on albums and find nothing to swap you should drop the add-on for that month and keep your 23$ instead of converting them into vmp credit to purchase something with to buy in the future tat they'll send you even later.

Last edited:
Generally i would say that it should be possible if it works at all that intls get the 36$ in store credit, which woud be fair because getting 27$ store credit for investing 36$ a month to buy exclusives at the inflated vmp prices is not a good deal.

And doing swap for credit on anything but the main sub is nothing but giving vmp an interest free credit. If you dont want the add-on albums and find nothing to swap you should drop the add-on for that month and keep your 23$ instead of converting them into vmp credit to purchase something with to buy in the future tat they'll send you even later.

Internationals should get the $36 in store credit as VMP says "You will get the equivalent of one month of your term cost in credits. To estimate credits you'll get, you can divide the amount you paid at your last renewal by the number of months in your term." I would be very surprised if this isn't also true for international subscribers.

You're completely right that swapping the side subs for credit makes no sense. Only useful way to me seems to be the one suggested by @uvwxVinyl.

Reactions: Jan
Internationals should get the $36 in store credit as VMP says "You will get the equivalent of one month of your term cost in credits. To estimate credits you'll get, you can divide the amount you paid at your last renewal by the number of months in your term." I would be very surprised if this isn't also true for international subscribers.

You're completely right that swapping the side subs for credit makes no sense. Only useful way to me seems to be the one suggested by @uvwxVinyl.
Yes, but with all the things that should be working on their shopify site like swapping and having correct inventory that actually did not i am not trusting the site to automatically calculate the right amount of credit. But at least swapping for credit should be swapping for somethibg that is available.
That said i'm looking forward for the first to receive a cs message like " We're very sorry. The 36$ credit you swapped for was not available. We've chosen something else for you, you might like: 23$ store credit."

Not really VMP's fault, but my AOTM package shipped on the 11th and has yet to arrive. I thought it was lost because it said In Transit to next facililty for a long time, but it appears it was just sitting in Detroit for a week and finally departed from there today 🤷‍♂️

Not really VMP's fault, but my AOTM package shipped on the 11th and has yet to arrive. I thought it was lost because it said In Transit to next facililty for a long time, but it appears it was just sitting in Detroit for a week and finally departed from there today 🤷‍♂️
Same with me, haven’t gotten it delivered tho. Moses was shipped a week after Hamilton and I still haven’t received Hamilton... 😬

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet is the store credit should effectively allow you to swap for exclusives that have been announced but not yet pressed. Eg as an international I should be able to swap my main track for $36 in store credit then buy when the pawn.
Yes this is the one benefit. Forget if I mentioned this here or reddit, but for international members then you could use your monthly sub towards the AP pressings as well. But also...why not just buy them if you want them? The money amount out of your pocket is the same...unless you don’t want any monthly albums.

Back