Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Is it though???
I'm bitter from being burned in the past by VMP when they offer a specific pressing that they didn't produce.

Also, the pricing and terms seem silly on some of these HI-Five features. Rumors and Lemonade can be purchased from reliable audiophile dealers for notably less money, shipping today. Not to mention places like Music Direct and Elusive Disc have never sent me a different version than what was advertised. I understand pre-orders and waiting for exclusives, but giving me a month and half lead time, at a higher price, for something I could have delivered within 2-5 day for less... I don't get it.

The Hi-fives videos are fun, and great marketing materials for their featured artist, but I feel sorry for anyone that's impulse buying regular editions from VMP given the other options available. But to each their own.
Yeah it usually hovers from $30-40. Amazon can get away with steep discounts but retail price is around $40. Amoeba has it for $40 and acoustic sounds is $45.

Yeah it usually hovers from $30-40. Amazon can get away with steep discounts but retail price is around $40. Amoeba has it for $40 and acoustic sounds is $45.
And don't forget that 6 week (+/-) lead time VMP is offering. That's the real kicker to me. Shipping in the August box.. no thanks. I could walk to their shipping center and back (from Texas) and still have it a week earlier.

Amazon very regularly has this for $25. I set a camelcamelcamel alert for it a few months ago and have gotten alerts at least 5x. So while it is retailing at around $40 at a lot of retailers, it's VERY possible to get a brand new copy for way cheaper.

cc: @displayname

@Enoch since I think you were the one asking (and for anybody else interested), got my replacement Stars copy and the same exact issue is in the same exact place (this time even worse). If I look closely enough, there seems to be a scratch in nearly the same place on both copies causing it to pop, so I'm guessing that it's a pressing issue sadly. I have asked for a refund.

Amazon very regularly has this for $25. I set a camelcamelcamel alert for it a few months ago and have gotten alerts at least 5x. So while it is retailing at around $40 at a lot of retailers, it's VERY possible to get a brand new copy for way cheaper.

Is that $25 on amazon for the 2lp deluxe 35th anniversary release

That's awesome! However I don't always trust Amazon when shipping vinyl. I've seen some sloppy packaging and heard of the wrong editions going out from them too. But on the positive side, they are very quick to offer a full refund when they have an issue. So that makes is worth the shot.

Again.

If there are personal issues settle them in DMs. Please leave this space for discussion of the VMP store
I thought that was exactly what we weren't gonna do. Tell people what they could talk about where. Because if we're gonna start telling people to only discuss the store in here, I better see some mods/admins doing that not only in this thread but in every.single.thread on this forum.

Yep I know and I got it from Amazon around that price too but I was just saying that only Amazon and Walmart can get away with selling it that cheap. Real record stores and small businesses can’t sell it that cheap. Why it’s $48 on VMP I have no idea.

That's awesome! However I don't always trust Amazon when shipping vinyl. I've seen some sloppy packaging and heard of the wrong editions going out from them too. But on the positive side, they are very quick to offer a full refund when they have an issue. So that makes is worth the shot.
Fair enough. I trust them more than VMP's shipping though haha. My issues with Amazon shipping have mostly been with Amazon Warehouse shipping. And as you said, they are VERY quick to offer a full refund if there are any issues. I've had some weird packaging sent (lately I got a Tone Poet pressing in a giant box with some paper around it) but mostly I get boxes within boxes now which is also weird.

For the $15 I saved on that Fleetwood Mac pressing (which is phenomenal by the way), it was worth it.

Yep I know and I got it from Amazon around that price too but I was just saying that only Amazon and Walmart can get away with selling it that cheap. Real record stores and small businesses can’t sell it that cheap. Why it’s $48 on VMP I have no idea.
Because they are pricing shipping into their records. It's not really "free" shipping from VMP.

This is true, but this is where I question the person making the store inventory choices, why put this in there when you're no where near competitive in pricing, unless of course you're banking on the user base that just doesn't research or price compare online. I got mine from Walmart last week, sent to my local and it cost me $24 :)

I can't help but think of one of my favourite Onion articles:

This is true, but this is where I question the person making the store inventory choices, why put this in there when you're no where near competitive in pricing, unless of course you're banking on the user base that just doesn't research or price compare online. I got mine from Walmart last week, sent to my local and it cost me $24 :)
Exactly, half the price and under 1/6th of the time. VMP can do what they want, but these selections really seem geared toward a few people making impulse purchases.

I thought that was exactly what we weren't gonna do. Tell people what they could talk about where. Because if we're gonna start telling people to only discuss the store in here, I better see some mods/admins doing that not only in this thread but in every.single.thread on this forum.
tenor.gif

@Teeeee , @gouis was referencing "Personal" issues, not VMP related discussion, pro or con.

Back