Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Well, I'm sure it said swaps were closing 4pm EST on the website a minute ago but apparently they're now closed so, fuck me again I guess. Can also only see Stevie under orders and not the other two tracks I added (though all three ?'s are there in Account).

Mine are closed as well, with only 1 of 3 tracks accurate. 2 tracks are reverted back to what i got last month. I am guessing it is another UI error.

Have you checked your orders page? That is generally (in a VMP sort of way) a reliable indicator of what they plan to send you. You can get there from the pull-down menu under 'My Account', or the 'Orders' tab from your membership page.
Yep. Just Stevie in there. Not the other two tracks I added.
Mine are closed as well, with only 1 of 3 tracks accurate. 2 tracks are reverted back to what i got last month. I am guessing it is another UI error.
Brilliant. Incredible how every aspect of this operation has so far been utterly incompetent.

Seems like VMP decided to send out a blanket email to some remaining people in effect saying "sorry, can't do the swaps". They even apologise for the automated email in the email itself; "We apologize for the automated reply." - which begs the question as to whether anyone actually read/checked the request.

Which is kind of 🤷‍♀️ at this stage. Next time I'll move onto other exclusives instead of holding out for a support response. So currently looking at Stevie, Stoogies and am unsure around Erroll/Glass Animals/Fania All-Stars/Mr. Hands – all seem like they would be nice to have. Happy to hear recommendations from anyone with them!

I say fill out those cancel forms and explain why/how hey are forcing you to purchase things you don't want. Then see if you hear back

The Quality™ 💍 Vinyl Me Please first customer experience ⭐:
  1. Be enticed by a "one month free" promotion into signing up for 3 months
  2. First month swaps open, add two tracks in anticipation
  3. Swaps open and are broken, told to "contact support to proceed"
  4. Send in a manual request for the swaps that are there
  5. Receive an immediate response saying that swaps will work soon and have the request ignored
  6. Spend an hour clicking on a button and getting errored back into a page telling you to Join Up
  7. Send another email
  8. Stay up waiting for a response and watch all the other exclusives leave the swaps
  9. Give up and go to sleep
  10. Send email the next day summarizing it and submitting the request again
  11. Wait four days
  12. Receive an automated email at 1pm EST saying the request couldn't be processed
  13. Finally give up and go to decide what swaps to make before they shut at 4pm EST
  14. Swaps instead close randomly at 1:30PM EST locking you into the defaults
  15. Your additional tracks are now gone completely
  16. Be greeted by a "Success! Your May order has now processed." message.
I say fill out those cancel forms and explain why/how hey are forcing you to purchase things you don't want. Then see if you hear back
I would but have a number of orders from the store backed up still from the month before this. Honestly more tempted to throw up a "myvinylmeplease.com" website charting the experience as it happens. It's been a long time since I saw such consistent, consecutive fuck ups at this level.

5. Receive an immediate response saying that swaps will work soon and have the request ignored
  6. Spend an hour clicking on a button and getting errored back into a page telling you to Join Up
  7. Send another email
  8. Stay up waiting for a response and watch all the other exclusives leave the swaps
  11. Wait four days
  12. Receive an automated email at 1pm EST saying the request couldn't be processed
  13. Finally give up and go to decide what swaps to make before they shut at 4pm EST

I would but have a number of orders from the store backed up still from the month before this. Honestly more tempted to throw up a "myvinylmeplease.com" website charting the experience as it happens. It's been a long time since I saw such consistent, consecutive fuck ups at this level.

The best damn record club.

7. Send another email
  11. Wait four days

Sorry about your experience. Not cool, at all.

Just found this on the VMP website:
And we’re committed to giving you the kind of experience that lives up to the records we’re sending you.

Suffice to say, this "commitment" has not been too terribly apparent for the past few years.

Soooooooooo, I got Woodstock last month. This month I cancelled both my add ons and just got Stevie. My swaps closed two hours ago and my RHH just switched from SnP to... Woodstock again. Now... It's probably just the visual glitch but... Do I resub just in case?

I'd say go for it🤣 you can probably get something else in case it doesn't come through(?).

So orders, swaps are mixed up for me too. My main track RHH still correctly shows The Roots instead of SnP, this also is listed in the orders page. My 2 other tracks have switched away (I had Outkast and Da Brat) and it shows nothing now, that's probably because I didn't have those add ons last month. It just shows I'm having the addons, but without any record, also none is mentioned on my orders page? So is this just a glitch? Shall I wait or contact them? Really confusing this month.

Soooooooooo, I got Woodstock last month. This month I cancelled both my add ons and just got Stevie. My swaps closed two hours ago and my RHH just switched from SnP to... Woodstock again. Now... It's probably just the visual glitch but... Do I resub just in case?

I didn't swap at all this month, left Classics as-is with Errol. I just realized on my account page it turned back into last month's Otis.

My canceled SnP add-on also changed back into last month's selection (Jorge Ben).

I... want to say this happened right before orders were processed maybe last month or the month before. Once they get processed and show up on your order page, they should be correct. SHOULD BE.

In other words, don't hold out hope you'll be getting another Woodstock.

I didn't swap at all this month, left Classics as-is with Errol. I just realized on my account page it turned back into last month's Otis.

My canceled SnP add-on also changed back into last month's selection (Jorge Ben).

I... want to say this happened right before orders were processed maybe last month or the month before. Once they get processed and show up on your order page, they should be correct. SHOULD BE.

In other words, don't hold out hope you'll be getting another Woodstock.
Yeah I'm not, I'm fairly certain it'll be SnP.

That's good to know, so I'll just wait and hope the add-ons show as the correct ones on the order's page.

With all the reports of screwed up membership reports I thought I'd check mine too. I'm subbed to all three tracks for May, where I wanted Stevie and Enroll, and swapped RHH for Gorillaz. My membership page shows Gorillaz correctly, but Classics/Essentials are the April picks (which I already received). Hopefully it's just a glitch.

With all the reports of screwed up membership reports I thought I'd check mine too. I'm subbed to all three tracks for May, where I wanted Stevie and Enroll, and swapped RHH for Gorillaz. My membership page shows Gorillaz correctly, but Classics/Essentials are the April picks (which I already received). Hopefully it's just a glitch.
Same, my swaps are correct but my unswapped Stevie went back to...Woodstock box?! Thank you sir, may I have another?

Back