Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

@hatfieldpdx @agutierrezb - So I was thinking about my comment about how The Roots’ Phrenology “shits on” Shabaka’s and The Ancestors’ We Are Sent Here by History......and I definitely think what I said was wrong! Like the wording was disrespectful, regardless of my opinion. I looked so arrogant saying that! Even if it was about Britney Spears’ latest album, It’s still rude and disrespectful to talk like that! So thank you for calling me out on it! It’s so unattractive of me to talk like that too...😝

Shabaka’s and The Ancestors’ album is incredible! I actually can’t wait to spin the record when I receive it! 😇

One positive thing I would say about VMP is that whichever postal service they are using is superb for their shipping times. I had tracking info from them on the 24th and its just arrived at Heathrow customs. To put that in perspective my copy of the National Cherry Tree Vol 2 was sent on the 3rd April and its still not left the US. Another purchase using 'CAINIAO' started on the 13th and its still in the US.

Just also have checked my swaps and me too! 😳 My The Roots swap had changed back to Salt'n'pepa! Fortunately I was able to swap it back to The Roots as that is still available. Interestingly, my Errol swap to Outkast hadn't changed at all, nor did my swap from Stevie to Da Brat. :rolleyes:

So y'all, check your swaps/ orders page!

One positive thing I would say about VMP is that whichever postal service they are using is superb for their shipping times. I had tracking info from them on the 24th and its just arrived at Heathrow customs. To put that in perspective my copy of the National Cherry Tree Vol 2 was sent on the 3rd April and its still not left the US. Another purchase using 'CAINIAO' started on the 13th and its still in the US.

Same for me, I had 2 boxes from VMP arriving in Germany in just 7 days after them being send out, and that in Covid19 times. Just my Rick Ross single box somehow got stucked on transport and hasn't moved in over 6 days. Maybe it comes by ship haha.

Here is a reminder to double check your swaps EVEN IF YOU HAD NO ISSUES INITIALLY!

My essentials swap to Ofege went through without a problem and has been locked since Tuesday, and I did not get one of those curated swap emails this week. This evening I thought I might check if anything had been added to swaps on another track, but when I logged in my account showed that I was slated to receive Stevie in Essentials! I was able to re-swap for Ofege.

Weird.

Wow, so glad I was scanning through this thread and read this. I had swapped for Ray Charles on Monday, and then I just looked at my account today and it's gone! Poof! WTF

Better late than never; I finally got an answer and they changed my Swap to the Stevie Nicks ROTM which was the reason I subscribed in the first place before giving the Caroline Polachek Swap a shot.

As for now I'm just relieved that this got fixed; I'll decide in the next few days what to do with my subscription and whether to get back to them or not.

@hatfieldpdx @agutierrezb - So I was thinking about my comment about how The Roots’ Phrenology “shits on” Shabaka’s and The Ancestors’ We Are Sent Here by History......and I definitely think what I said was wrong! Like the wording was disrespectful, regardless of my opinion. I looked so arrogant saying that! Even if it was about Britney Spears’ latest album, It’s still rude and disrespectful to talk like that! So thank you for calling me out on it! It’s so unattractive of me to talk like that too...😝

Shabaka’s and The Ancestors’ album is incredible! I actually can’t wait to spin the record when I receive it! 😇

Now you know how Morrissey feels every time he does an interview

Last edited:
It’s been awful for me but I think that’s because I live in NYC. Took 3 weeks for my Unlocked album to arrive after being shipped.

Seems like VMP decided to send out a blanket email to some remaining people in effect saying "sorry, can't do the swaps". They even apologise for the automated email in the email itself; "We apologize for the automated reply." - which begs the question as to whether anyone actually read/checked the request.

Which is kind of 🤷‍♀️ at this stage. Next time I'll move onto other exclusives instead of holding out for a support response. So currently looking at Stevie, Stoogies and am unsure around Erroll/Glass Animals/Fania All-Stars/Mr. Hands – all seem like they would be nice to have. Happy to hear recommendations from anyone with them!

Seems like VMP decided to send out a blanket email to some remaining people in effect saying "sorry, can't do the swaps". They even apologise for the automated email in the email itself; "We apologize for the automated reply." - which begs the question as to whether anyone actually read/checked the request.

Which is kind of 🤷‍♀️ at this stage. Next time I'll move onto other exclusives instead of holding out for a support response. So currently looking at Stevie, Stoogies and am unsure around Erroll/Glass Animals/Fania All-Stars/Mr. Hands – all seem like they would be nice to have. Happy to hear recommendations from anyone with them!

Mr. Hands is a great album. I think there was some initial disappointment over VMP choosing it, but that's because Herbie has such a prolific catalog. On its own, it's a fine choice and it's great that it got an audiophile reissue.

Mr. Hands is a great album. I think there was some initial disappointment over VMP choosing it, but that's because Herbie has such a prolific catalog. On its own, it's a fine choice and it's great that it got an audiophile reissue.
Well, I'm sure it said swaps were closing 4pm EST on the website a minute ago but apparently they're now closed so, fuck me again I guess. Can also only see Stevie under orders and not the other two tracks I added (though all three ?'s are there in Account).

Well, I'm sure it said swaps were closing 4pm EST on the website a minute ago but apparently they're now closed so, fuck me again I guess. Can also only see Stevie under orders and not the other two tracks I added (though all three ?'s are there in Account).

Have you checked your orders page? That is generally (in a VMP sort of way) a reliable indicator of what they plan to send you. You can get there from the pull-down menu under 'My Account', or the 'Orders' tab from your membership page.

Back