Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I don't trust the source of the information.

But lets say this is true. I'm not sure of how it works in the US, but if someone issues a death threat, do you call the FBI or the police?
I think the fbi part was answered but to your first sentence, I believe it. Even on the forum I witnessed a member directly confront a staff member in a post, wishing to inflict violence against him. This was a while back but it happened.

I wanted to touch a little bit on the idea of VMP using somebody well-known in the community to disseminate information that could theoretically make VMP look better; a little while back, I had some phone conversations with Amy from VMP, and a couple of detailed email conversations with Matt, that seem to have essentially been in the same vein as @Enoch 's correspondence with Lloyd - we talked about the general atmosphere and attitude of the subreddit VS the forums, what problems people were taking issue with, what people would give VMP credit for, how VMP could address issues, and how this information could be imparted onto the community. I'm not saying I'm anywhere NEAR as well known here (and previously on the VMP forum) as @Enoch is, but at the time I was the only moderator of the VMP subreddit, so I was essentially single-handedly running that community. I did feel as if I was being looked at as a consultant for how exactly the VMP reddit community (and the forums to a lesser extent) were responding to certain changes and slip-ups, and I offered to Amy and Matt what people on the forum and the subreddit were offering as constructive criticism, much in the way that @Enoch has been listening to our criticisms and bringing them up in his conversations with VMP (again, that shouldn't HAVE to be the only way to get our points across to VMP, but @Enoch I really do appreciate you doing that). This went on for a couple months or so, and their responses were essentially exactly what you'd expect: A whole lot of "we're working on it"s and "We know this is an issue and we're looking for ways to solve it"s. They proposed a handful of ideas to me about what they might be doing in response to people's opinions and suggestions, and most of them were the exact ones listed in Enoch's post, ones that still evidently haven't moved past the "we're working on it" stage.

I guess my issue here, at least personally, is this seems like the exact same situation repeating itself: VMP privately communicating with individual community members who ostensibly have more pull than others in certain communities, using said individual community member as an intermediary and a way to make it seem to the community as if VMP is really committed to solving issues, while being able to separate themselves from the heat of the flames. Do I think that VMP totally ignored what I communicated to them, or are totally ignoring what Enoch is communicating to them? Absolutely not. But I do think this is less "reaching out to individual people because we like to listen to all our customers and really be in touch with our community", and more "We can use this person to get a temperature gauge on the community in response to certain controversies without reallyyy having to go to the community ourselves, and said person will tell the community all about how we're ready to fix things and listen, and since they have such a pull in the community it'll really make us look good". Or maybe I'm just reading too far into things and trying to make connections where there are none, idk

BTW, to go back to my personal experience from the first paragraph: long story short, but the way that that story ends is with me communicating with them for a little while about said issues, offering them advice and insight, inquiring about a career opportunity with them, being turned down, and never hearing from Matt, Amy, or any higher-up at VMP ever again.

I think the fbi part was answered but to your first sentence, I believe it. Even on the forum I witnessed a member directly confront a staff member in a post, wishing to inflict violence against him. This was a while back but it happened.

OK cool, thanks @mcherry . I guess I'm a little naive in that regard. I can't for the life of me think what must be ticking in someones mind for them to lose it like that in such an environment.

Hey @Enoch thanks for sharing. I, for one, was curious what they had to say in your meeting. I have been one of the lucky few that hasn’t had as widespread issues with shipping, damages, etc. But I have let my subscription lapse after probably 3 or 4 years on and off just due to the overall direction the company has gone in and how they chose to treat many of their formerly loyal customers.

I figured the return policy would be changed eventually because there were people flipping “damaged” records on reddit fairly often as well as other places. I generally saw that as an unsustainable policy and that people would take advantage of it. So I’m not surprised that Lloyd mentioned that. But their CS response to many people asking for replacements even after showing bad warping or popping has been pretty atrocious as of late.

Anthology has been a bit of a shitshow but they are taking care of some of the issues from that (hopefully). I anticipate that it will be the last thing I buy from VMP for awhile. If Lloyd helps right the ship, then good for him and for the company. Unlike many here, I don’t want them to fail. But I also just don’t want to support the company in their current state when there are so many other great labels and services out there who care more about their customers. Deleting the old forum and their responses to that plus the way the Anthology page has been run have put a poor taste in my mouth and their continuous mistakes, pressing defects, preorders that don’t arrive for months (or not at all in some cases), knocking existing members from getting new AOTMs because they oversold, etc all make me happy that I chose to leave when I did.

If they ever get their shit together, maybe I will rejoin. For now, I’ll choose to support other labels and companies. But again, appreciate you updating us on the matter. Have a good one!

On a completely different note, I am getting a replacement copy of Stars. Has anyone received a replacement yet, and did it have the same problem?
Got a shipping notice but no record yet. Should get here in a few days and I’ll let ya know if there are still issues! I believe someone already got their replacement and said the issue was still there.

The reason given today was the forum was created in a much different time in the company's history and is not where the company is today.
I asked in the old forum whether the decision to nuke had anything to do with the forum being the vision of people like Severan who were no longer around and the company not wanting to continue to deal with it, and they explicitly said that was not the case, because if it was, they would have shut it down long before that. So, glad you were able to clear up that that was exactly what the reason was.
Honestly I'm more surprised I hadn't heard about people threatening VMP employees before now.
VMP staff on the other forum have mentioned getting threatening emails in the past.
Even on the forum I witnessed a member directly confront a staff member in a post, wishing to inflict violence against him. This was a while back but it happened.
Storf used to wear the threats about PWR BTTM being pulled from the store like a badge of honor. FBI never got involved. This was either a major escalation or somebody got extra sensitive.

(I also had a phone convo with Amy at one point, shortly after there was a misunderstanding during SnoopGate when I saw a new staff member online and joked about her arriving for her ritual beheading. It was seen as a threat/creepy; we made peace and had a chat on the phone about the VMP customer experience a few days later. It was shortly after she started with the company, and I don’t think either of us really knew why she had asked to pick my brain about my time as a member.)

BTW, to go back to my personal experience from the first paragraph: long story short, but the way that that story ends is with me communicating with them for a little while about said issues, offering them advice and insight, inquiring about a career opportunity with them, being turned down, and never hearing from Matt, Amy, or any higher-up at VMP ever again.
Yikes. Not a great look, VMP.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It does help provide greater context.

@goodoohuru you've missed the beginning of a beautiful new future where we all recommend each other amazing stuff from around the world rather than a bunch of yanks recommending us a very narrow window of American stuff by men...
Do you loath all Americans and all men, or just American men? :rolleyes: I mean the company is based in the US and primarily sells to the US.... Not surprising they would cater to that somewhat, even if it's unintentional. You could just say you have different or more broad tastes without the shot.

Do you loath all Americans and all men, or just American men? :rolleyes: I mean the company is based in the US and primarily sells to the US.... Not surprising they would cater to that somewhat, even if it's unintentional. You could just say you have different or more broad tastes without the shot.

🙄🙄🙄

Neither. It’s just stark how unadventurous they are for a company that markets itself on being adventurous...

@goodoohuru - I can’t believe your ditching me. That’s so malamante of you :cry:😭😩

Who’s going to wake up with me and put the kettle on every Thursday morning, when the exclusives drop! 🤔

PIJOOOOO, Pijooooooooooo! *In Rosalia’s voice*.....Are you going to be my new waking-up buddy? :LOL::p😺 @pijo
Haha welcome back!

But no, I am not your waking up buddy. For one, you may recall I'm simply no good at it. I'm getting old. Furthermore, I'm not making a big thing of it but I'm bailing out of vmp for now at least. The last two months have been swap months for me, and not easy to find swaps, more scrolling up and down and figuring ok that'll have to do. I went too hard on catching up on past releases so now there's nothing left for me in the swaps! And the whole anthology thing has been somewhat predictably exhausting. I'm spending plenty of money on records without VMP's help, and the treatment of the old forum was such a cold and disappointing chapter. The anthology brackets the before and after and is deeply symbolic of the whole shamozzle - so good, so bad.

I'm glad you're back, and as your forum friend/big bro, I'm going to say that I will be calling you out if I see inappropriate behaviour, excessive innuendo etc. Previously I tended to ignore or not engage and just enjoy the fantastic aspects of your personality, but I realise that there will be others who are more personally offended or hurt by this, and I want everyone to feel comfortable hanging out around here.

On a completely different note, I am getting a replacement copy of Stars. Has anyone received a replacement yet, and did it have the same problem?
I received my replacement and it had the same popping plus a crushed corner and the back cover printing was off-centered

Out of interest, has anyone emailed CS over the past couple of days and received a response?

I have mentioned it in a couple of threads now but I went to check the ROTM under my membership and for some reason it looks like the R&HH sub has been removed for me. Not sure why I have been 'Kicked Out' but I emailed VMP and still haven't heard back. I also messaged their Instagram account, gave my email upon their request, and was told it had been forwarded directly to CS as a priority. I want to have it all ironed out before swaps close

Out of interest, has anyone emailed CS over the past couple of days and received a response?

I have mentioned it in a couple of threads now but I went to check the ROTM under my membership and for some reason it looks like the R&HH sub has been removed for me. Not sure why I have been 'Kicked Out' but I emailed VMP and still haven't heard back. I also messaged their Instagram account, gave my email upon their request, and was told it had been forwarded directly to CS as a priority. I want to have it all ironed out before swaps close

Did you select an RHH sub last month? The only thing I can ascertain is that if you didn't, they've only fulfilled orders for folk that had their RHH subs active from the previous month.

Same thing happened to me, but I cancelled my membership which ends on the 1st, so thought that might have been the reason my RHH sub disappeared.

Did you select an RHH track last month? The only thing I can ascertain is that if you didn't, they've only fulfilled orders for folk that had their RHH tracks active from the previous month.

Same thing happened to me, but I cancelled my membership which ends on the 1st, so thought that might have been the reason.
I've had the R&HH sub attached to my membership since the beginning and haven't cancelled since it started. I only realised it had been taken off because I wanted to see what the swaps were for essentials and happened to notice R&HH was missing.

Strange one for sure and hopefully they can sort it. I want confirmation before the cut off point (which I believe is in 3 days time?) as I am cutting out essentials from my order and want to shift things around.

I've had the R&HH sub attached to my membership since the beginning and haven't cancelled since it started. I only realised it had been taken off because I wanted to see what the swaps were for essentials and happened to notice R&HH was missing.

Strange one for sure and hopefully they can sort it. I want confirmation before the cut off point (which I believe is in 3 days time?) as I am cutting out essentials from my order and want to shift things around.

Good luck mate.

For those of you have completely left VMP and have for a while, may I ask why some of you feel the need to continue to comment on this thread? I get some of you are really mad at VMP and that is 100% fine, I get why you are and don't blame you at all for feeling that way. But I do wonder if it is healthy for you to follow this thread/comment here. Is it worth the time/mental energy to still monitor here and remind yourself of why you left? This is not directed at anyone in particular, I was thinking about this last night well after I was last on the forum. Just a thought, if you feel that it is good for you then by all means continue to view and comment.
The reason given today was the forum was created in a much different time in the company's history and is not where the company is today. I get that. He also mentioned that while over 90% of the forum was great, when it got bad it got really bad. He admitted they received great feedback from the forum. He said (and take this however you want) that they thought a space like that should be just about music and not a company.

You missed that this is a VMP thread on this forum and some people still care (to what degree is up to them). If you don't care that is great you don't have to. If you don't care may I ask why you are even in this thread and feel the need to comment on this? You have checked out, so check out. I know this is very direct, but this thread is set up for people to still follow and get info about VMP and I just gave info, that is the point.
So why do you care about responding to my post if you have no interest in VMP anymore. I don’t mean this rhetorically. I am genuinely curious.

@Enoch - I have stood up for your right to be in here and to say what you want and for people not to be rude and demeaning to you. The same thing goes for anyone else that wants to post in here. Your posts asking those of us that don't like VMP why we post in here is coming off as confrontational and a gate keeper. I'm not sure if that is your intention or not but I wanted to let you know that is how I am interpretting it.

Short answer why I'm in here: Because I want to be. And I honestly don't think I need to even explain that.

Longer answer: Because I want to be. I find it fascinating how far VMP has fallen. It is like a case study to me. How much lower can they go? How many more ways can they insult their customers? They truly are blazing new trails in customer dissatisfaction and I am here to witness it. I'm not even angry at VMP. I'm amused.

For the people that just want to come in this thread for VMP info and don't want to wade through all the other stuff, ok, sure, I get that. But how is this thread any different from any other thread that goes off the rails? And also, the anger towards anyone that takes usoff the rails is misplaced. This forum is not the official VMP forum. This forum has zero obligation to advertise, problem solve, trouble shoot, etc for VMP. It is extremely gracious that this forum does have any information at all about VMP products. If people want to be angry about not having correct info or easily findable info on VMP products, be angry at VMP. They had a fricking forum that they shut down that had the information. They had a closed thread that was just for exclusives that had no extraneous stuff in it. VMP shut it down. Direct that anger at VMP, not at this forum that is, IMO, far too good to be diminished by mentions of VMP at all.

2 cents and all.

Back