Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I don’t have answers to those, I had a conversation about many things but I wasn’t going to get an answer to every possible question which includes the ones you asked. But I still am interested in why you are following this if you are done with VMP.
I'm not done with them. I am anthology customer and that is not over. I didn't say I was done with them, but that I don't know what would make me give them more business in the future. Are they going to become a company that does stuff right and doesn't allow (arguably encourage) their customers to be treated like shit while attempting to get sympathy for some people threatening them? Maybe if that future plays out and they have a record I really want I will buy it from them.

It's cool if you don't have answers to my questions. But if I didn't have interest I wouldn't have responded at all, let alone make such a long and specific response.

Did you not at all get the impression that they were trying to glad hand you and pass along things that you would disseminate here to try to sway opinion here a bit?

This is the first I’ve heard about the fbi but VMP staff on the other forum have mentioned getting threatening emails in the past.

I don't trust the source of the information.

But lets say this is true. I'm not sure of how it works in the US, but if someone issues a death threat, do you call the FBI or the police?

I came in here to get info on today’s store releases. Collecting records has never been so stressful. Peace I’m outta this thread.

The short version is that the Sonny Rollins is just a recolor of an earlier pressing you can get much cheaper elsewhere, Lil Kim is sexy 90s nostalgia candy, and...shucks, I don’t know much about the other two albums, except they didn’t do anything for me when I listened to a couple songs each from them.

I'm not done with them. I am anthology customer and that is not over. I didn't say I was done with them, but that I don't know what would make me give them more business in the future. Are they going to become a company that does stuff right and doesn't allow (arguably encourage) their customers to be treated like shit while attempting to get sympathy for some people threatening them? Maybe if that future plays out and they have a record I really want I will buy it from them.

It's cool if you don't have answers to my questions. But if I didn't have interest I wouldn't have responded at all, let alone make such a long and specific response.

Did you not at all get the impression that they were trying to glad hand you and pass along things that you would disseminate here to try to sway opinion here a bit?
I seriously have been a huge critic of theirs. I have chosen to stay a member though, others haven’t. I left in all my doubts in my statement. No one from VMP asked me to post on here, I knew people who are still members have interest and would like to see things improve so I shared whether or not I thought from the conversation that it will. I am not sure it will but Lloyd is new to the company and I got the impression he knows how to get things done so it gives me hope. VMP has run out of chances for some. Having invested five years into VMP it is hard for me to just end my relationship. I personally am willing to give them time because there is much I still like even with all the problems. The problems have tested me, had I been a new member I probably would have made a different choice.

Soooo.....

I totally swapped Bobo and got Alice Coltrane. I feel really good about it. That little bit of surgery made this month’s haul a lot more better

Coltrane's great. Not sure how much longer that one will be sticking around in the store, too. I need to bug storf on an updated Classics inventory list.

While I was initially disappointed in all three of this month's selections, it at least gives me a chance to jump on my backlog of swaptions. Right now I'm swapping for the Lightmen Plus One.

I don't trust the source of the information.

But lets say this is true. I'm not sure of how it works in the US, but if someone issues a death threat, do you call the FBI or the police?
I would imagine that a lot of the threats were from people in different states than the people being threatened. I'm not very knowledgeable on how these things work, but I think this is why the FBI vs. local or even state police are who handles it.

I seriously have been a huge critic of theirs. I have chosen to stay a member though, others haven’t. I left in all my doubts in my statement. No one from VMP asked me to post on here, I knew people who are still members have interest and would like to see things improve so I shared whether or not I thought from the conversation that it will. I am not sure it will but Lloyd is new to the company and I got the impression he knows how to get things done so it gives me hope. VMP has run out of chances for some. Having invested five years into VMP it is hard for me to just end my relationship. I personally am willing to give them time because there is much I still like even with all the problems. The problems have tested me, had I been a new member I probably would have made a different choice.
Oh I totally recognize that you have been very critical of VMP. I've seen it here and on the FB group. I'm not one of the people who think you are a "VMP apologist". I dont think anyone at VMP asked you to post here and I believe you are doing it to openly share info with people who might be interested (I am one of those people).

Oh I totally recognize that you have been very critical of VMP. I've seen it here and on the FB group. I'm not one of the people who think you are a "VMP apologist". I dont think anyone at VMP asked you to post here and I believe you are doing it to openly share info with people who might be interested (I am one of those people).
Thanks for saying that.

Back