Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I wonder when this will start affecting ROTM. It's gotta be happening either in May or June.

Well, the David Gray exclusive was delayed until July due to the plant being shut down, and the pressing location for that is listed as QRP, which is where VMP has their Classics records pressed, so an impact on Classics seems pretty likely. Most Essentials and R&HH titles get pressed at GZ in the Czech Republic, but I'm not sure what the physical distancing restrictions are there, although their Cases and Mortality rates / per capita seem (slightly) less than western Europe.

What would you do? Three month of essentials for $54 or Jason Isbell and The National for $89 shipped. Just don't see either of those records making it to swaps. What do you all think?

My Stooges and Otis showed up yesterday without notice, first time I've had that happen in 4 years.

Am I completely insane (most likely) or did VMP already do a pressing of Cornelius' Fantasma? Maybe I'm thinking of just a reissue when they used to "curate" with random non-VMP releases in the store? Don't see one on Discogs so I'm going to default to the parentheses....

Edit: Nevermind, I think this one was in the store in 2016.

Last edited:
My Stooges and Otis showed up yesterday without notice, first time I've had that happen in 4 years.

Am I completely insane (most likely) or did VMP already do a pressing of Cornelius' Fantasma? Maybe I'm thinking of just a reissue when they used to "curate" with random non-VMP releases in the store? Don't see one on Discogs so I'm going to default to the parentheses....

They did one for Point but this is the first VMP exclusive for Fantasma that I know of

View attachment 41324

Really liked the POTR album last year, so I'll probably be grabbing this. First store exclusive for me since uhhh, October?

Since their policy states they ship by the 15th of each month I reached out to them yesterday because I still don't see it in informed delivery and haven't gotten a shipping email. As expected they said the coronavirus is slowing things down and that it should ship by next Friday. This is definitely the longest I've waited for my box and the first time it's in danger of arriving in the correct month. It's also my last month with them for now, so I wonder if they BOTS'd me on purpose haha

Back