Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Swap Exclusives guesses:

Ainslie Wills - All You Have is All You Need
Rowland S. Howard - Teenage Snuff Film
Ray Charles - Modern Sounds
Danny Brown - uknowwhatimsayin?
Cornelius - Point
Etta Jones - Don't Go to Strangers
Spoon - Ga x5
Black Pumas - s/t
Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel
Sturgill Simpson - Sound & Fury
Rolling Stones - Let it Bleed

Swap Exclusives guesses:

Cornelius - Point
Spoon - Ga x5
Black Pumas - s/t

I hope so. I need that Rowland Howard

Swap Exclusives guesses:

Cornelius - Point
Spoon - Ga x5
Black Pumas - s/t
I hope so. I need that Rowland Howard

Fiona and Rowland are must gets, IMHO.

Swap Exclusives guesses:

Cornelius - Point
Spoon - Ga x5
Black Pumas - s/t
I'm not following this. Is the implication that some of the records listed here could show up as swaps when they announce this week? I'd def show up for announcement time if that's the case. Are there precedents for this? I'm outta the loop obviously.

I'm not following this. Is the implication that some of the records listed here could show up as swaps when they announce this week? I'd def show up for announcement time if that's the case. Are there precedents for this? I'm outta the loop obviously.
Last month, they had Jeff Buckley’s Grace, Madlib’s Piñata, and Irma Thomas’s Wish Someone Would Care in swaps as this new thing "Swap Exclusives." Very limited and screwed some people on overselling, but yes, there’s definitely potential for that again. These titles are the ones that timing and quantity kind of line up to pop up again briefly.

Last month there were several surprise swaptions. They are just hopefully guessing what might show up if that happens again.

Edit: @Ponman2003 beat me to it!

Last month, they had Jeff Buckley’s Grace, Madlib’s Piñata, and Irma Thomas’s Wish Someone Would Care in swaps as this new thing "Swap Exclusives." Very limited and screwed some people on overselling, but yes, there’s definitely potential for that again. These titles are the ones that timing and quantity kind of line up to pop up again briefly.
oh damn, and it was a separate listing called "Swap Exclusives"? Cool.

Kinda like that "Thursday at noon, keep refreshing early and buy a record at 11:57AM and then they all are sold out before noon" thing they used to have. What was that called? I loved that when I could make it.

oh damn, and it was a separate listing called "Swap Exclusives"? Cool.

Kinda like that "Thursday at noon, keep refreshing early and buy a record at 11:57AM and then they all are sold out before noon" thing they used to have. What was that called? I loved that when I could make it.

Throwback Thursday, the one day of the week when inherent VMP chaos was actually kinda fun.

Probably a stupid question. But does anyone know if international orders are going to be shipped given the restrictions on flights? Has VMP communicated anything?

Probably a stupid question. But does anyone know if international orders are going to be shipped given the restrictions on flights? Has VMP communicated anything?
I may be wrong but air cargo is still going full bore, at least here in the States. Not sure on internationals but commerce still has to happen. I'd check with DHL or whomever VMP uses for international shipping.

I may be wrong but air cargo is still going full bore, at least here in the States. Not sure on internationals but commerce still has to happen. I'd check with DHL or whomever VMP uses for international shipping.

I thought that, but then realised a lot of cargo goes on passenger flights, so I'm assuming space is limited on the cargo only flights, and other goods might take priority.

Not a stupid question at all. In fact, with the disruption to delivery services and often the offices, collection stations and workplaces these parcels are delivered to I think it is worth halting (or at least giving customers the option of pausing) deliveries.

Back