Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

What the? How is a 2 lp album $70?????????????

I'm really happy having my $1 bin copy of this album.

Goodness, this is the kind of pricing that is really infuriating.
This pricing is insane. I'll justify it when I think they've done enough value ads, but a hardback 40pg book? That hardly seems worth more than double the price of a $35 2LP album. And that's assuming I'd think this was a good value at $35... which I don't. And LP isn't even new music, just remixes. I really don't know how they landed on this pricing. I'd love to say these will sit forever, but people just keep buying. Lots of things I thought would sit sold out within a day or two.

But honestly, I feel like they are making a stretch with the term "box set" here.

This pricing is insane. I'll justify it when I think they've done enough value ads, but a hardback 40pg book? That hardly seems worth more than double the price of a $35 2LP album. And that's assuming I'd think this was a good value at $35... which I don't. And LP isn't even new music, just remixes. I really don't know how they landed on this pricing. I'd love to say these will sit forever, but people just keep buying. Lots of things I thought would sit sold out within a day or two.

But honestly, I feel like they are making a stretch with the term "box set" here.
But what does @NathanRicaud think of it?

The Whitney Houston box is nominally over priced but it is a Boxset that includes a hardcover book if I read the description correctly. I have purchased similar LPs that came with a hardcover books between $50 and $60 and if you aren’t paying shipping then it’s probably almost not really absurd. I honestly think $40 for a 2xLP is a bit worse.

About the Whitney Houston thing... have you read the comments on Instagram? Only a couple of them are about the ridiculous price; the rest of them are "This is great! When are you doing My Love Is Your Love?". Like, people are still expecting things from them (though I don't blame them; i'm still waiting for When The Pawn).

But the best comment, hands down, is this one:

ok.png

About the Whitney Houston thing... have you read the comments on Instagram? Only a couple of them are about the ridiculous price; the rest of them are "This is great! When are you doing My Love Is Your Love?". Like, people are still expecting things from them (though I don't blame them; i'm still waiting for When The Pawn).

But the best comment, hands down, is this one:

View attachment 32862
We should all start requesting a 10 year anniversary box set of Metallica/Lou Reed - Lulu. Get VMP to do a few thousand copies that sit for ages.

Anything with van the man is bound to be 🔥

St Dominic‘s Preview, A Period of Transition, Into The Music and Irish Heaetbeat. I’m pretty happy with that haul! When you add a Mono copy of an early 80’s repress of No.2, Desperate Character and Self Portrait to the pot you can see why I’m pretty chuffed!

Last edited:
St Dominic‘s Preview, A Period of Transition, Into The Music and Irish Heaetbeat. I’m pretty happy with that haul! When you add a Mono copy of an early 80’s repress of No.2, Desparste Character and Self Portrait to the pot you can see why I’m pretty chuffed!
Great haul! I’ve been listening to his latest; ‘three chords & the truth’ this evening. He’s still great!

Back