Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

FYI, Bull Moose ships you things when you order them.

Why in the world are people still giving VMP money?
Your disdain for VMP is completely warranted, but it’s also a VMP thread. You shouldn’t be surprised to see people here still purchasing from them.

Full disclaimer: I haven’t purchased from them since around November, so I’m completely on board with what you’re saying.

I'm critical of VMP, but, to be fair, Bullmoose might have canceled more orders on me than they ever have. I know that experience isn't universal, but, they can be pretty shitty when it comes to oversells
My experience with getting a warped vinyl replaced or refunded was also less than stellar. Basically send it back on my own dime or accept a fraction of a full refund.

My experience with getting a warped vinyl replaced or refunded was also less than stellar. Basically send it back on my own dime or accept a fraction of a full refund.
It’s strange, I have yet to have something CATASTROPHIC happen to my records from them. Sure they’ve fucked up here or there but nothing far out of the ordinary for me. YET.

It’s strange, I have yet to have something CATASTROPHIC happen to my records from them. Sure they’ve fucked up here or there but nothing far out of the ordinary for me. YET.
I think it’s a matter of sample size. I’ve had one issue out of maybe 6 records I’ve ever ordered from them. But the one issue was enough to give me pause going forward.

EDIT: I realize now with that sentiment I have chummed the waters for the VMP failures to come flooding in.

My issues have mostly been canceled/oversold orders, so I don't really rely on them to come through, if it's a situation where I feel like an item is going to sell out everywhere and I'm gonna be left with a refund, but difficulty obtaining it. That being said, they are definitely not on a Port Of Sound level when it comes to canceling orders or knowingly shipping damaged products. I still buy from Bullmoose on occasion and might even do a more casual pre-order; I'm just more leery on the super limited stuff that is likely to move quickly and feel more comfortable when I have a backup.

Last edited:
TBH, I am unsure if I have been lucky or my issues have all been so simple that they were all addressed within 24 hours. I received a few damaged LP jackets sent them emails with attached photos and they got right back to me and had the replacements sent out the same day. I have also hastily ordered a few things an almost immediately regretted it, sent a request to cancel and refund. Those were both worked the same day.

Last edited:
Honestly, everything that needs to be said about VMP has been said. If your done with them, your done with them and if your not, your not.
A bit weird that people who quit their membership still come in here to trash the company. Enjoy your extra money and I’ll enjoy my copies of Aretha, El-P, and the Roots

A bit weird that people who quit their membership still come in here to trash the company. Enjoy your extra money and I’ll enjoy my copies of Aretha, El-P, and the Roots
I don't think it's weird, there are without a doubt problems with VMP. My point being it's gotten to it's zenith, I don't care anymore who wants to support them and who doesn't, I've said my piece and contributed, but now, to each his own, if people are ok with giving them a constant pass, that's fine, your money.

I don't think it's weird, there are without a doubt problems with VMP. My point being it's gotten to it's zenith, I don't care anymore who wants to support them and who doesn't, I've said my piece and contributed, but now, to each his own, if people are ok with giving them a constant pass, that's fine, your money.
They’ve had plenty of problems so I understand why people quit. They still produce a pretty nice product so I understand why people still subscribe.

Well it looks like they finally fixed the non-active members buying exclusives thing. I went to the store to check out the Shabaka and the Ancestors and the button says join the club.

Anyone else?

Because people still want to post about VMP, their records, and their problems even after being made homeless by VMP. So here we are.
Because VMP, although they have been very inconsistent, is easily still the best record club and is also the most exciting record club right now!!! 💯

Still heartbreaking that the forum shutdown, but we all forgive! ❤️

Back