Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

What's the consensus on the Classics for this month. Did they crack that on reddit?
Storf mentioned awhile ago about mixing up two Aretha releases when someone asked about mono v stereo on the last Aretha so we are assuming it’s Aretha. I was really hoping it would be Nina Simone but what can ya do...

Mmmmmmm yeah, it’s so, so soon, isn’t it! 😅

But nevertheless, it’s a magnificent pick. It has one of my favourite 1960’s songs on there - I Say A Little Prayer! 🙏

I’m super excited to pick it up! I’m very impressed with all the February ROTM picks! The Roots’ “Phrenology” and Aretha Franklin’s “Aretha Now” are 10/10 picks for me, and EL-P’s “I’ll Sleep When You’re Dead” is an 8.3/10 pick for me! 👍

This post brought to you by Vinyl Me Please, The Best Damn Record Club.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but EL-P's "I'll Sleep When You're Dead" will also get wide distribution on vinyl through Fat Possum. Other than color variants, are we expecting any differences from VMP?

Also, have there been any announcements on a wider distribution of The Roots "Phrenology"?

If the Classics release is Aretha Now, it's a little disappointing for the reasons already mentioned, but at least it should be a well done release (assuming the follow the AAA trend of the previous Classics releases).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but EL-P's "I'll Sleep When You're Dead" will also get wide distribution on vinyl through Fat Possum. Other than color variants, are we expecting any differences from VMP?

Not doubting you, but was this actually confirmed anywhere? I know we were all speculating there would be a wider reissue (for good reason), but I never saw an explicit confirmation/denial

There's some law in the UK that if someone comments how good a product is, and they've received it for free, then legally they also need to indicate that they received the product for free.
I don't know if it's officially done yet, but the FCC is working on similar regulations in the US. At my previous company it was on us to inform brand ambassadors of the expectations.

Similarly, would Nathan would need to declare that he's received vmp products for free if he says anything positive about those vmp products from now on....?
Our directive from legal was that it was up to the ambassadors to disclose the partnership, but we could potentially be liable if partnerships were not disclosed. However, if we sent product with no direct ask then we were in the clear. It's a very fuzzy thing. But I'm not sure VMP has a "legal" staff that's worrying about this honestly. Plus the US company and Aussie ambassador also makes it more confusing.

Wondering if they’ll announce April today as well. Seems like the obvious thing to do in order to lock people in for the next 3 months and bookend the protection of Caroline Rose.

Not doubting you, but was this actually confirmed anywhere? I know we were all speculating there would be a wider reissue (for good reason), but I never saw an explicit confirmation/denial
This is what I was referring to: El-P Announces Reissue Campaign of Solo Catalog via Fat Possum
Particularly this part: "I’ll Sleep When You’re Dead will be followed in 2020 by physical editions of the album, as well as reissues of the rest of El-P’s extensive back catalog. Additional info coming soon."

This is what I was referring to: El-P Announces Reissue Campaign of Solo Catalog via Fat Possum
Particularly this part: "I’ll Sleep When You’re Dead will be followed in 2020 by physical editions of the album, as well as reissues of the rest of El-P’s extensive back catalog. Additional info coming soon."
Should just be a color variant, stencil, and OBI. Maybe they do something unique w/ the jacket. Good enough for me @ $23

Back