Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Still no refund for my missing September and November packages and 2 weeks since I received any form of reply from them.

You could potentially call Shopify and claim you still haven't' received your order. If enough people make this complaint, Shopify will freeze all their money until they start refunding or fulfilling orders.

Don't give them too much credit. They never received copies of Brick Body Kids by Open Mike Eagle and didn't tell anybody for 6 months. I finally asked if they were ever going to fulfill and Pauly just said they never got them and never will. So they just sat with my money for 6 months and waited for me to check on it.
I am really shocked at how many people are willing to give VMP short term loans

VMP hasn't cancelled my order of paranoid yet from that random pop up that happened. I am 99% sure it isn't actually in stock. Genuinely curious how long they are going to hold onto my money before they give it back for something they know they don't have in stock.
Took me about 2 months for that same album

That's a pretty solid accident. A lot of people actually wanted that one. So it's the most VMP thing ever that they sent it to someone that didn't ask for it or even do anything to get it. It's perfect really.

It wasn't quite that random. There was a list of 7 titles (5 they asked for with 2 extra, just in case) and that was the 7th out of them. I never bought the VMP version, because I have an OG pressing. If you look on reddit, however, some people are definitely getting pressings that weren't on their request lists.

The contacts from Adam with the shipping labels came after you'd sent in which pressings you were interested in, but with zero confirmation about getting any of them. I just thought the whole thing was kind of shitty to have the CFO emailing people from the warehouse, while those same people still had multiple unfilled orders and ignored CS tickets. He was prioritizing getting something sent to him without even offering to send the people he was asking their outstanding orders and getting that settled, let alone continuing to leave those affected negatively in the dark. For all anyone knew, if they sent an extra Mobb Deep or Coltrane back, they might still never get their other orders shipped in the end, with all of the issues and canceled orders, so all they'd be doing is giving up the only leverage they even had and possibly winding up completely empty ganded.

It wasn't quite that random. There was a list of 7 titles (5 they asked for with 2 extra, just in case) and that was the 7th out of them. I never bought the VMP version, because I have an OG pressing. If you look on reddit, however, some people are definitely getting pressings that weren't on their request lists.

The contacts from Adam with the shipping labels came after you'd sent in which pressings you were interested in, but with zero confirmation about getting any of them. I just thought the whole thing was kind of shitty to have the CFO emailing people from the warehouse, while those same people still had multiple unfilled orders and ignored CS tickets. He was prioritizing getting something sent to him without even offering to send the people he was asking their outstanding orders and getting that settled, let alone continuing to leave those affected negatively in the dark. For all anyone knew, if they sent an extra Mobb Deep or Coltrane back, they might still never get their other orders shipped in the end, with all of the issues and canceled orders, so all they'd be doing is giving up the only leverage they even had and possibly winding up completely empty ganded.

Man, that is awesome that you got a test press but just goes to show what a mess VMP is right now.

I sent another e-mail to CS (to let them know that I received the "unfulfilled" Run DMC) and remind them (yet again) of my missing September and November boxes.
Last time they asked me for what albums were in those boxes so they would refund them. They were:

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers 'The Freedom Rider',
The Roots 'How I Got Over',
Sonny Rollins 'Saxophone Colossus',
Whitney 'Forever Turned Around'
Christone "Kingfish" Ingram 'Kingfish',
Queens Of The Stone Age 'Songs For The Deaf',
Desert Sessions 'The Desert Sessions Vol. 11 & 12',
The Dave Brubeck Quartet 'Jazz Impressions of Japan'

This time they replied in about 30 minutes and said they could send me replacements of all those missing records in one large shipment.
(I say yes, I'd rather have the albums after all)

Weren't a bunch of these out of stock?

What is going on?

I sent another e-mail to CS (to let them know that I received the "unfulfilled" Run DMC) and remind them (yet again) of my missing September and November boxes.
Last time they asked me for what albums were in those boxes so they would refund them. They were:

This time they replied in about 30 minutes and said they could send me replacements of all those missing records in one large shipment.

What is going on?
Somtimes the sketchiness is a necessary good
Hope they arrive this time.

What is going on?
Don't believe the out of stock statements. I had several messages stating various records were out of stock, then after persisting I got replacements. It seems that some of the CS people can find stock that the other CS people can't... It's a mystery.

What is going on?
Desert Sessions was for sure out of stock. Songs for the Deaf they have replacement copies.

Back