Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

With respect to shipments getting sent to the wrong places, does anybody, particularly among our European friends, have any insight into how this might square with privacy regulations like GDPR? Because these shipments aren't just going to random places. They're getting sent to addresses that exist within VMP's database. Setting aside all of VMP's issues right now with getting their services executed correctly, I'd have some serious concerns right now with their data privacy integrity. If their system is capable of erroneously pairing my name with another person's address, how safe is that information? Can anybody more familiar with ecommerce tell me whether that's an irrational concern? How big of a leap is it go from that to pairing someone else's name with my payment information (knowing that Shopify adds a layer into that equation)?

If you can find someone who understands GDPR globally, and not just in the context of their company, then please send them this way, I could do with it being explained to me again, this time I promise I’ll try to stay awake...

I don't think that person who got 25 extra copies is getting the raffle/test pressing option for returning those.

Unless they use robots to send out packages, why isn't someone in the warehouse saying "isn't it odd that we're sending 26 copies of this to one person"? Or are they so overworked they just don't give a damn?

Those are Packers in a warehouse that are probably drilled to pick and pack up Things as fast as they can. So is also working for lots of other customers,so for other Clients that might be a ormal request ( e.g. shipping records to stores) . so if a packer gets the slip saying to pack 26 of that record in a box and ship it he will do it. The People packing stuff are probably People on small wages who have to pack as fast as they can, so they follow the orders they have and don´t question every second order and are clearly not wanted to do that. So those are the wrong persons to blame

Those are Packers in a warehouse that are probably drilled to pick and pack up Things as fast as they can. So is also working for lots of other customers,so for other Clients that might be a ormal request ( e.g. shipping records to stores) . so if a packer gets the slip saying to pack 26 of that record in a box and ship it he will do it. The People packing stuff are probably People on small wages who have to pack as fast as they can, so they follow the orders they have and don´t question every second order and are clearly not wanted to do that. So those are the wrong persons to blame

Given how appallingly weak employee protection legislation is and how terribly warehouse workers are treated they are probably on uncertain working hours too just because.

Death to zero hour contracts!

I would probably re-up for Phrenology but not for 3 months and not when a new release from an artist that is kinda okay is listed as the March release. If they announce the April release (and it’s worthwhile) I may sign back up for 3 months and pray one of the other subs for March is rad.

Last edited:
Yeah, 3 hours left here.
So now I'm buying goat cheese, fig jam, wholewheat bread (you guys should check the N&G AotM thread: hints, music, food and booze all in one place) and a Guiness on my way home.

Sounds like you have a great evening ahead of you!

This is the 3rd instance of this being reported in the past 24 hours. Late last night was the post about nearly 2 dozen different albums, ~$1,000 of which were unordered/paid for by the person receiving them, then someone got 26 copies of Ainslie, now this. YIKES
they're just giving it all away. how does no one in the warehouse stop to think that no one would ever order 26 fucking copies of one album? baffling

they're just giving it all away. how does no one in the warehouse stop to think that no one would ever order 26 fucking copies of one album? baffling

The people in the warehouse are not responsible for validating orders. They're a 3rd party that VMP contracts with. If the orderbook that Saddle Creek gets from VMP says to ship 26 units of SKU#1234AINSLIE5678 they're going to ship 26 units of that stocked item to the address in the orderbook

Back