Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Why in the world do you plan a system migration right before the holidays? It makes absolutely no sense. You do it in the absolute slowest time of the year like February or March so you're not facing the crush of orders at the holiday time. It makes no sense to do this when people are going to get gift memberships for friends, family or loved ones.

Apparently the new site reverted old addresses and some people are having their orders shipped to their previous mailing address.
giphy.gif

Mr. Hands seems like a wild choice. It is available for under 10 bucks, sometimes under 5, and in good condition at just about any record store I visit.
But we don’t want that used stuff that could cause our gator skin suitcase Crosley record player to get messed up. So they will sneak this in for us and tell us how cool it is to have this record that was digitally restored by Seamoore Butts.

Apparently the new site reverted old addresses and some people are having their orders shipped to their previous mailing address.
This board literally cannot keep up with the VMP screwups and controversies at this point

Every time they try to get back on track with a new announcement.

HEY! We have Fiona dropping this week!
Black Friday sale!
Still Woozy this morning!!

carfail.gif

Last edited:
Given the issues people are having with subs not showing on the new system maybe this just seemed like a reasonable workaround to make sure current members could get a copy?
Maybe delay the release a few hours so that paying members can get it. OR delay it indefinitely until site issues are fixed.
Apologies in advance for using logic.

Why in the world do you plan a system migration right before the holidays? It makes absolutely no sense. You do it in the absolute slowest time of the year like February or March so you're not facing the crush of orders at the holiday time. It makes no sense to do this when people are going to get gift memberships for friends, family or loved ones.
BuT ThEYrE AlwAys DRopPinG StRaiGhT FiRE... ThEY NeVEr HaVe A SloW TiME

when they first "completed" their migration, my address showed up as where I lived in 2015 when I first joined and my current address was my secondary location. it fixed itself a day later (presumably when they did some sort of refresh) and I purged the old address but I will not be surprised if I have to go pick up my package from my old landlord at all...

How is it possible that I can get a the President of VMP to respond to me on LinkedIn within 5 minutes, but CS is keeping me waiting weeks at a time. That is literally your job. To service customers... Well, he said he was sending my issues directly to the CS team after getting additional info from me, i.e. doing what CS should be doing. Let's see if it fixes anything... Not holding my breath.

most other places do a planned maintenance/ down time during such a critical time. they were just too freakin greedy

Last edited:
Back