Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Hey hey but but if you're one of the unlucky 50% they'll send "a little something extra"!
or just helping determine when to communicate and who to. I will say I did disagree with @Lee Newman about the Nat communication initially but has it unfolded I changed my mind and agreed with him. He said everyone who was to get Nat should have been contacted initially and told about the issue, I thought only those affected should have been but unlike there initial communication on the forum way more people ended up being affected. But we can't get it right 100% of the time, though in the upper 80's would be acceptable (I don't thing VMP is close to this benchmark)

I got caught in that shafting with Nat and the lack of communication. Lee and I both suggested VMP should have just communicated with everyone at the start. I found out through a random post on their Reddit group and asked their CS what was happening. They don't know how to communicate and if you notice, other than their increasingly delayed CS replies, have made it to where you can't talk to them. The company is inexperienced, young, adverse to criticism and making mistakes that are unfortunate and preventable.
PS finally got Nat in last week of May after they shipped it in lowest class mailer that took two weeks to arrive. Nice record, complete pain in the ass process though that cost them a lot of capital with me.

I got caught in that shafting with Nat and the lack of communication. Lee and I both suggested VMP should have just communicated with everyone at the start. I found out through a random post on their Reddit group and asked their CS what was happening. They don't know how to communicate and if you notice, other than their increasingly delayed CS replies, have made it to where you can't talk to them. The company is inexperienced, young, adverse to criticism and making mistakes that are unfortunate and preventable.
PS finally got Nat in last week of May after they shipped it in lowest class mailer that took two weeks to arrive. Nice record, complete pain in the ass process though that cost them a lot of capital with me.

My experience with Nat was basically the complete opposite.

I got shafted in one of the buckets of people that didn't initially get the record, but communication was solid. I saw my swap didn't close initially and thought that was odd, got an email like 2-3 days later explaining the situation. Saw it on reddit as I already frequent there. I had a few questions that were answered faster on their forums than through CS, but they got back to me in email as well. Received the record around the time they promised and it plays great.

If you guys would like some comparison in CS response time... my twitch.tv account recently got hacked from Pakistan, and it took them 3 weeks to answer me.

My experience with Nat was basically the complete opposite.

I got shafted in one of the buckets of people that didn't initially get the record, but communication was solid. I saw my swap didn't close initially and thought that was odd, got an email like 2-3 days later explaining the situation. Saw it on reddit as I already frequent there. I had a few questions that were answered faster on their forums than through CS, but they got back to me in email as well. Received the record around the time they promised and it plays great.

If you guys would like some comparison in CS response time... my twitch.tv account recently got hacked from Pakistan, and it took them 3 weeks to answer me.
Inconsistent is also one of their trademarks. Only the people they knew exactly what was going on with got the email you are referring to. I knew they didn’t know the whole story and thought (still do) it was better to give a heads up to everybody.

Indeed it's a pretty wild time to be alive.

I never ordered the exclusive as Id never heard of Weyes Blood before. I just watched/listened to the link you provided and shes incredible, hauntingly beautiful voice. If theres ever a silver lining to be had with this gigantic VMP screw-up its that I have been introduced to a new artist to binge!

I never ordered the exclusive as Id never heard of Weyes Blood before. I just watched/listened to the link you provided and shes incredible, hauntingly beautiful voice. If theres ever a silver lining to be had with this gigantic VMP screw-up its that I have been introduced to a new artist to binge!
Glad you like it! I’ve been a fan for a while. Didn’t know how good this album would be when I preordered it in February, and I can say now that it’s my number one of the year.

Now all I need is a copy.

Glad you like it! I’ve been a fan for a while. Didn’t know how good this album would be when I preordered it in February, and I can say now that it’s my number one of the year.

Now all I need is a copy.

It was the record of the month, in an exclusive color, with Rough Trade's club.

I saw my swap didn't close initially and thought that was odd, got an email like 2-3 days later explaining the situation.
so, people in your situation (swap not closing) did receive decent communication, those in the "second bucket" had no idea until after their order shipped

Thank you to everyone who participated in the crown a monthly album thread. Attempted to do something fun to discuss the music we were receiving. Unfortunately the admins are closing down that discussion to keep VMP threads to a minimum.

Jesus, there are three separate master releases for the new middle kids ep, with five separate entries. None of them are In the ep section. Three of them are in the miscellaneous section and there are two each for the clear and regular black (both of these with Mini-Album as the medium?) and no VMP entry yet. Someone let me know if the red gets entered... I’m not touching that shirt!

Jesus, there are three separate master releases for the new middle kids ep, with five separate entries. None of them are In the ep section. Three of them are in the miscellaneous section and there are two each for the clear and regular black (both of these with Mini-Album as the medium?) and no VMP entry yet. Someone let me know if the red gets entered... I’m not touching that shirt!
You shoukd have to take a minimum 10 question online test before being able to edit Discogs.

Yeah, I was watching it when they first popped up, it was bad then, I didn't keep up

Thank you to everyone who participated in the crown a monthly album thread. Attempted to do something fun to discuss the music we were receiving. Unfortunately the admins are closing down that discussion to keep VMP threads to a minimum.
Maybe we could have an album of the month thread that lets us nominate every record that was released in the month and every club’s ROTM and sclusies. This way we don’t have another VMP thread and a wider picture of what people really dug that month? Maybe open it on the first for all albums that month, people nominate and we have a poll the first week of the next month?

You shoukd have to take a minimum 10 question online test before being able to edit Discogs.
I still think there should be a “provisional” entry mode for us idiots to just get the bare minimum in there as a placeholder until someone more skilled/having more free time/interested could finish it out and make it authoritative.

I still think there should be a “provisional” entry mode for us idiots to just get the bare minimum in there as a placeholder until someone more skilled/having more free time/interested could finish it out and make it authoritative.
Discogs had an article about the history of adding releases, originally all of them got approved manually, the edit release and something else replaced that

Just checking in...do we have any indication these days of what's landing in store or is it just keep an eye out and dial in on store drop days?

mmmmmm so im the only one who after a 30 seconds cursory glance not finding the absolute same pressing just chooses best option....

edit - Also never reads the 1 million messages Discogs sends me - Sure Ive probably had a good 30 records deleted from my list.

Back