Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I’m wondering about these Fiona pressings since there is no pressing quantity....would it be more advantageous to wait for swaps at some point?
This is one of those situations where if you really want the record then its not worth the risk IMO. If you missed this because of limited numbers, you can bet your ass that it would be really expensive on the resale market, the OG goes for around £100

Sorry for asking something that has certainly been discussed, but I've been out of the loop for a few days... do we have a summary of what the expected drops are this week?

Sorry for asking something that has certainly been discussed, but I've been out of the loop for a few days... do we have a summary of what the expected drops are this week?
2 volumes of ann arbor blues festival
the new grimes lp
and the new moses sumney lp are confirmed
There`s some speculation about fiona apples - idler wheel because it showed up in the new storefront

This is one of those situations where if you really want the record then its not worth the risk IMO. If you missed this because of limited numbers, you can bet your ass that it would be really expensive on the resale market, the OG goes for around £100
we'll see what is said upo release. Many said the same about Mariah Carey

A little disappointed that Fiona doesn’t look like it will get the same treatment as Tidal. 1 LP at GZ is so lazy. I would gladly pay $40 for a top remaster on 2 LPs or at least three sides with an etching or something.

Not surprised. I think they can put out whatever they want and it will still fly off the shelves given the pent up demand. I guess her people are probably looking at this as a way to double dip down the line on a remaster for the next anniversary. I think they've seen what they can do with Tidal and that there's still enough demand for Fiona Apple. I don't think VMP really cares either.

A little disappointed that Fiona doesn’t look like it will get the same treatment as Tidal. 1 LP at GZ is so lazy. I would gladly pay $40 for a top remaster on 2 LPs or at least three sides with an etching or something.
Me too, I would happily pay around $40 for a top remaster too. Like a great half-sped remaster! 1LP would be my preference, but just a high-quality pressing of it!

Sometimes @NathanRicaud i think you have more money than sense. Thats Mofi money, VMP will never be that good.
Agree. VMP pulls out some magic from time to time, but even when they do it's still not as consistent as Mofi. I've NEVER had to contact Mofi about a warp. I've never had to clean a mofi more than once when it was new. I don't have to replace Mofi sleeves. Even in VMP's finest moments, they are not $40 for a single LP good. Most no one is, but certainly not VMP.

Edit - I will make one exception. I would pay $40 for the VMP's Pinkerton. It's perfectly flat, sounds perfect, looks cool, and that pop up jacket is super unique. That is the one case and when I would have gladly paid $40 for a 1LP from VMP. Again - unique exception. And I don't think I would have purchased at that price without already knowing it strong reviews.

Last edited:
Agree. VMP pulls out some magic from time to time, but even when they do it's still not as consistent as Mofi. I've NEVER had to contact Mofi about a warp. I've never had to clean a mofi more than once when it was new. I don't have to replace Mofi sleeves. Even in VMP's finest moments, they are not $40 for a single LP good. Most no one is, but certainly not VMP.

Edit - I will make one exception. I would pay $40 for the VMP's Pinkerton. It's perfectly flat, sounds perfect, looks cool, and that pop up jacket is super unique. That is the one case and when I would have gladly paid $40 for a 1LP from VMP. Again - unique exception. And I don't think I would have purchased at that price without already knowing it strong reviews.
Did you know the Pinkerton was a MoFi press?

Sometimes @NathanRicaud i think you have more money than sense. Thats Mofi money, VMP will never be that good.
Well I do have a sugar daddy so that helps! 🤫😈

Nah, just joking!!! 😂😂😂

Yes, VMP will never be as good as MoFi in terms of general sound quality (some of their AAA Classics ROTM releases have been as good though in my opinion), but maybe it just costs a lot of money to repress The Idler Wheel...? And then on top, you would want to make sure you receive a high quality pressing of it! GZ can do it, but it’s less likely it will sound spectacular and will instead just sound good/great!

US$40 is close to like AUS$55 and that’s how much RSD release of Robyn’s Body Talk is, and i’d Rather The Idler Wheel much more, especially as three tracks I really like from the original release of Body Talk are missing!

Like, I know it’s expensive, but I’d definitely spend US$50 on The Idler Wheel if I knew I was getting a brand new, very high quality pressing on it! 😇🤷‍♂️

Well I do have a sugar daddy so that helps! 🤫😈

Nah, just joking!!! 😂😂😂

Yes, VMP will never be as good as MoFi in terms of general sound quality (some of their AAA Classics ROTM releases have been as good though in my opinion), but maybe it just costs a lot of money to repress The Idler Wheel...? And then on top, you would want to make sure you receive a high quality pressing of it! GZ can do it, but it’s less likely it will sound spectacular and will instead just sound good/great!

US$40 is close to like AUS$55 and that’s how much RSD release of Robyn’s Body Talk is, and i’d Rather The Idler Wheel much more, especially as three tracks I really like from the original release of Body Talk are missing!

Like, I know it’s expensive, but I’d definitely spend US$50 on The Idler Wheel if I knew I was getting a brand new, very high quality pressing on it! 😇🤷‍♂️

See the thing is I hope it's a great high quality pressing. But I would trust a pressing plant run by @Mather more then GZ. Plus the only reason I know about GZ is because of their lack of quality. I really do hope for the best but I also hope they have a lot of replacement copies to go around.

Last edited:
Back