Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Yeah, this is dumb, and I feel like an idiot for re-arranging my schedule today to wait for this "drop."
1500, huh. That won't be a shitfest at all.

I mean, at least we know that even if the website crashes or it sells out and there are magically some that drop a few hours later - once we get past that, there won't be any other issues with pressing quality or shipping delays. lol

When the Pawn... is going to be $35 and LIMITED TO 5, isn't it? 😠
I’m sure that won’t be the case! It better not be! But if it is, I’m buying 5 copies so then I can give one to my cousin’s boyfriend who would absolutely love this album, and a few to some of my Aussie N&G friends who are going to miss out on this! And also to @Joe Mac, who probably won’t buy this, but would’ve wanted to get this (especially if they don’t do a black pressing wide-release reissue).

It’s going to be the biggest shitfest because this album is Frank Ocean’s ‘Blonde’ sister!!!

@Joe Mac - Listen to Fiona Apple’s When The Pawn... NOW!!! You have to buy it! YOU HAVE TO!

Do I though? I might. Tidal was fine, I enjoyed it. I NEED to listen to Ghosteen tonight and to give Kiwanuka a second spin. Two best albums of the year for me so far. I think I might listen to all 4 Gloaming records andCaoimhín Ó Raghallaigh & Thomas Bartlett to mess with the pests and then I’ve got that really interesting sounding album @Skalap recommended to me this morning. Then my backlog too...

Do I though? I might. Tidal was fine, I enjoyed it. I NEED to listen to Ghosteen tonight and to give Kiwanuka a second spin. Two best albums of the year for me so far. I think I might listen to all 4 Gloaming records andCaoimhín Ó Raghallaigh & Thomas Bartlett to mess with the pests and then I’ve got that really interesting sounding album @Skalap recommended to me this morning. Then my backlog too...
When The Pawn... is so much better than Tidal. SOOOOOOOOK MUCH BETTER! I wouldn’t even tell you to pick up Tidal, even though I really like that album.

When The Pawn.... though! That album is something else! Trust me Joe!

We became way too reasonable for this thread, let's move to the drunken thread.

It's considerably better than Tidal fwiw. I don't really get the fervor over Tidal.

Edit:IMHO

VMP charging $40 ($36) dollars not including shipping for a high pressing number MRP/GZ cut repress and acting like it is a "deal". They really are making a killing.
The real shit show will happen next week when Fiona drops her whole catalog (including Tidal) Via an official repress campaign. Lotsa of cancelled orders.

Back