Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Wow, I had heard of these official mini disc releases but, despite owning a mini disc player back in the day, i have never seen one or heard a real person say that they owned one...
Right! When I was in High School it was the mid 90’s and I coveted a Mini Disc player and I saved up my $ and went to Best Buy to purchase it. While I was there I figured I should purchase an actual album along with all the blank discs but the pickings were slim the only artist that appealed to me was Buckley and At the time my only exposure to him MTV Buzz Bin Video For “Last Goodbye” but I wasn’t leaving without a minidisc album so I went with that. I am glad I did as it was (and still is) a brilliant record. I need to have my mom grab that shoebox with all my minidiscs and player out of the attic and send it to me.

I ordered a record from Sub Pop and it arrived in an Amazon-style mailer (which is awesome at protecting against corner dings) and reinforced with a cardboard stiffener (not bubble wrap).
View attachment 11706
The VMP mailers are awful. The edges are not folder over for reinforcement, so they crumple easily and don't protect against corner dings.
View attachment 11707
The problem is solvable. Sub Pop does it. VMP chooses not to.
Fuck yeah Gotobeds

Give me ORG repress or give me death.

I would have expected that someone, somewhere would have been arranging an “audiophile” release for the 25th anniversary but here we are.
FWIW the KG Legacy cut has always had a very good reputation over at sh.tv. That's why I felt less motivated to get the ORG when it came out and consequently still don't have either :p.

FWIW the KG Legacy cut has always had a very good reputation over at sh.tv. That's why I felt less motivated to get the ORG when it came out and consequently still don't have either :p.
True. I was perusing a list of vinyl reissues that apparently sound better than the originals and the KG cut was on it. I’ve been on the look out for it since but it’s pretty hard to gather which of copy of an album you are actually ordering from Amazon and Discogs isn’t a great option in Canada as shipping costs tend to be ridiculous.

True. I was perusing a list of vinyl reissues that apparently sound better than the originals and the KG cut was on it. I’ve been on the look out for it since but it’s pretty hard to gather which of copy of an album you are actually ordering from Amazon and Discogs isn’t a great option in Canada as shipping costs tend to be ridiculous.
Just so ya know. PopMarket on Cogs ships to Canada for $4.99 and they have really good prices. I've ordered from them before. And I believe they have the KG pressing of Grace.

I'd be surprised if the one on Amazon listed as 2011 isn't it as none were released that year. Do you know how to look at the different issues available on amazon? Can't do it on the mobile app for some stupid reason.

I'd be surprised if the one on Amazon listed as 2011 isn't it as none were released that year. Do you know how to look at the different issues available on amazon? Can't do it on the mobile app for some stupid reason.
Yeah it’s definitely possible. I haven’t been willing to take the chance so for I guess.

Is there a trick other than just a standard title search? If so, no I don’t think I know it??

Yeah it’s definitely possible. I haven’t been willing to take the chance so for I guess.

Is there a trick other than just a standard title search? If so, no I don’t think I know it??
If I ordered it and it was the wrong pressing I would return it as mistakenly listed personally.

You have to be in desktop mode in a browser if you're on mobile. Just click the see all formats thing and then the vinyl drop-down. They usually match discogs dead on so this one is a weird case.

If I ordered it and it was the wrong pressing I would return it as mistakenly listed personally.

You have to be in desktop mode in a browser if you're on mobile. Just click the see all formats thing and then the vinyl drop-down. They usually match discogs dead on so this one is a weird case.

View attachment 11737

View attachment 11738

Hey now, that does look pretty useful. Thanks!

Back