Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

And this is also why crypto has been so hot? Can’t owe China a bunch of money if we destroy our own currency and favor crypto as the new standard.
Crypto heats up for a variety of reasons, but those money printers firing up never hurts! haha. Things could be getting ugly all around in the near future though for sure.

Excellent for screen printing as far as the budget brands go
I have several Gildan band t-shirts some are great and some are terrible. They are usually better than the Hanes Beefy t-tees. My favorite were the American Apparel tri-blend shirts. It seems like Next Level and Canvas are filling the AA void a bit but they were the best and neither is quite there.

Last edited:
Excellent for screen printing as far as the budget brands go

I have several Gildan band t-shirts some are great and some are terrible. They are usually better than the Hanes Beefy t-tees. My favorite were the American Apparel tri-blend shirts. It sees like Next Level and Canvas are filling the AA void a bit but they were the best and neith is quite there.
Yep, I'm a Bella+Canvas man myself. They're not too much more expensive than Gildan, etc, and they are a hell of a lot more comfortable and flattering to wear.

I have several Gildan band t-shirts some are great and some are terrible. They are usually better than the Hanes Beefy t-tees. My favorite were the American Apparel tri-blend shirts. It sees like Next Level and Canvas are filling the AA void a bit but they were the best and neith is quite there.
I used to run a 14 color automatic printing press in college during the summers. At the time, Gildan were priced the same as the bottom of the barrel Fruit of the Loom and Hanes shirts. The Gildan's had bolder colors and significantly less lint, which is enemy #1 to silk screening. But yeah, the fit is trash unless you're shaped like spongebob. Those AAs were great and I'm not sure how it's been since they folded, but I like the Canvas shirts I have.
Being in the Philly area we would sometimes do Mitchell & Ness and they sourced their own shirts which were the best. Not sure if they still do.

Never underestimate Toronto's ability to line up at a moment's notice for overpriced mediocre shit. I can't wait for the line ups when Chick Fil A opens. People vowing to never eat there based on morals slipping into line under the cover of masks.

From the south, grew up on Chik Fila. Moved to AZ for college in time to see the first one open there and west coasters just lose their minds over it.

ChikFila and Cali's In N Out Burger are two Jesus lovin franchises that just do not give a shit about your town's other dining options they are going to dominate no matter what. It's literally addicting

Here's where we can expect the madness:

What is this? Are they restocking a bunch of titles or something?

To celebrate this month being their 100th Essentials release, VMP has teased that they will at some point, put some previously sold out, highly requested ROTMs back for sale.

Here are some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

When will this happen: ????
How many copies of each title will be available: ????
Is this for members only or can anyone buy these: ????
Are they going to drop all at once or will this happen multiple times this month: ????
What ROTMs will be sold: ????

Ok, I joke a bit about that last one. Earlier in the week some inquisitive person found several sold out ROTM's had the "VMP-100" tag added. The tag has since been removed but it is likely the albums will be:

-Gorillaz
-Queen
-OutKast (both Stankonia and SouthernPlaya)
-Spiritualized
-Phoenix
-Queens of the Stone Age
-Al Green
-Miles Davis & John Coltrane live in Paris
-Saba

Will there be any more ROTMs than that: ????

Hey @NathanRicaud, just out of curiosity can you do your stock trick with the new Darkside exclusive? I'm really curious to see if anyone bought at that price...

Not me!
£50 for non members or preorder from local shop for £18.
Not a hard choice. Their pricing is just getting silly. It’s an album that is gonna be widely available for under £20 in the UK and I assume the same worldwide - currency adjusted

I think I'll be surprised if they've sold more than 1000. Simply because the flippers won't make any money so they aren't gunna buy it up... But who knows...
I think the question this might answer is how many people are VMP customers vs. record collectors. Like how many people don’t really pay attention to records beyond the world of VMP. I would imagine there are a few but clearly not as many as they think.

Last edited:
I think I'll be surprised if they've sold more than 1000. Simply because the flippers won't make any money so they aren't gunna buy it up... But who knows...
Yeah didn’t consider flippers - and dead right no profit for them here.

Looking forwRd to this - what I’ve heard so far is great.

Wouldn’t be surprised if their reasoning for the Darkside price went exactly like this...

“we haven’t put anything of value in swaps for a while and people are noticing, what can we do about it?”

“I’ve got it! Let’s price 2,000 of this desirable album at an outrageous price, when it gets to swaps people will think they’re getting a steal!”

It’ll work too, just wait until you start seeing the Reddit posts from the lemmings who thought a $40 swap for a $30 album was a STEAL!

Hey @NathanRicaud, just out of curiosity can you do your stock trick with the new Darkside exclusive? I'm really curious to see if anyone bought at that price...
1,230 copies left, so 770 copies have been purchased so far! This DARKSIDE exclusive will stay in stock for a long time! I don’t see it selling out anytime soon!

I'm honestly surprised it's sold that many.
Yeah, same here! I mean a lot of VMP subscribers would love electronic music would be DARKSIDE fans, so it’s not surprising! But at the same time, it’s so expensive and it’s crazy that many hundreds still purchased the exclusive! I think after the DARKSIDE ROTM gets released, more copies will get sold as a lot of subscribers will fall in love with Psychic! I can see the Spiral exclusive selling really well by June/July actually due to the timing of their debut being an Essentials ROTM next month!

Back