Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

This was the reply from vmp
I’ve not tried this yet. I just got them to deduct my funds manually and send me an invoice for $0 through email. But this workaround wouldn’t be possible for hot items that sell out.

@NathanRicaud can you let me know when St. Vincent is low stock?
Yep, I’ll let you know for sure! When there is under 500 copies left, I’ll send through a friendly reminder and then another when there is less than 100!

So far, there are 1,310 copies left, so more than 1,000 copies have already sold out!

There's actually a fourth step in which VMP's hype machine tries to bring those still in "Disappointment" over to the dark side.
Part of me believes this is the nefarious feigned jubilation stage. Makes it go from disappointing to the ears to pleasing for the wallet.

Last edited:
I am somewhat hopeful for this month's announcement though...it's subscription renewal time for May so I'm going to assume there's at least two records that's going to make me renew at the higher rate because eff my bank account. Essentials 100 has to be something good right? Not like some mediocre album from an Indie band that used to be okay...like we're not going to get Interpol's "Our Love to Admire" right*?

*EDIT: The only way I consider Our Love to Admire good is if you ignore the fact that Turn on The Bright Lights and Antics exist.

Last edited:
I feel like St. Vincent watched A Most Violent Year recently and decided to just theme her album after Jessica Chastain. Also, fantastic movie for those that need something to watch. Oscar Isaac and Jessica Chastain steal the show.

Attachments

• external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 7
  • external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 7
I feel like St. Vincent watched A Most Violent Year recently and decided to just theme her album after Jessica Chastain. Also, fantastic movie for those that need something to watch. Oscar Isaac and Jessica Chastain steal the show.
I feel like the movie snuck under the radar. A real slow burn, suspenseful flick. Highly recommend as well.

I feel like the movie snuck under the radar. A real slow burn, suspenseful flick. Highly recommend as well.
Completely agree, it's not as brutal and action oriented as the title may suggest but the acting jobs done and overall tone of the movie really hooked me in and left me at the end completely satisfied. Same vein as There Will Be Blood for me. TWBB is the far better movie, but I received the same feelings here, just absolutely lost in the acting more-so than the plot.

It came out about the same time as the HBO TV movie that Isaac did, Show Me A Hero. Anyways, both are set in the 1980s and he has a mustache in both so they kinda run together in my mind a bit. I think I expected something more intense to happen in A Most Violent Year probably since the title suggests “most violence” and it was a bit Mafia related so in that regard I was a bit let down though it was a well acted movie overall. I think I also learned while Wikipedia looking up Isaac and Chastain when that movie came out, that they both graduated from Juliard’s acting program.

It came out about the same time as the HBO TV movie that Isaac did, Show Me A Hero. Anyways, both are set in the 1980s and he has a mustache in both so they kinda run together in my mind a bit. I think I expected something more intense to happen in A Most Violent Year probably since the title suggests “most violence” and it was a bit Mafia related so in that regard I was a bit let down though it was a well acted movie overall. I think I also learned while Wikipedia looking up Isaac and Chastain when that movie came out, that they both graduated from Juliard’s acting program.
That's amazing, they have great chemistry together on screen. I believe they're actually co-starring in a new HBO MAX series, "Scenes From A Marriage" together where they play each other's spouses again. I look forward to anything with them since A Most Violent Year!

Back