Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I already have the Quas album. TBH I'm not sure if I should just swap for credit. I didn't pick up The Sonny Rollins, I'm tempted by that, also by Erykah Badhu

That was my thought. I mean Hayes and King were in particular let-downs given the quality of their catalogs.
Its a crying shame when you consider how strong the Classics have been in the past. I was looking through all the releases earlier and the first year was so so so strong. The past year or so have been weak, with only a handful of top picks in my opinion.

May be in for all 3 . Was hoping Goodie Mob would show up this month, or PUTS since I slept on it, I’ve really been digging that Frederick Knight so it’s a keeper for me, even it seems like an unpopular choice that will probably stick around. ( Been driving around listening to your love’s all over me for a week now )

On the fence with Quas the voice is a bit annoying to me. I’ll give it another listen but I may just pass and get something from my Discogs.

Oh and pretty sure my Badu was someone’s return, the cover was a bit dinged up and it had some fingerprints on it , plays fine after a cleaning but still

Debating on swapping Classics for Dexter Gordon or Donny Hathaway. I might also save the Strokes for another month.

Has there been any word on rotm reissues in the works? Hoping for Carter III at some point

Goodie Mob and People Under the Stairs are getting new pressings, I haven’t heard anything about Carter III however.

May be in for all 3 . Was hoping Goodie Mob would show up this month, or PUTS since I slept on it, I’ve really been digging that Frederick Knight so it’s a keeper for me, even it seems like an unpopular choice that will probably stick around. ( Been driving around listening to your love’s all over me for a week now )

On the fence with Quas the voice is a bit annoying to me. I’ll give it another listen but I may just pass and get something from my Discogs.
I found the Quas voice a little rougher to deal with on this album than on his first Quasimoto album. There's a lot going on in the album as well for sure

I found the Quas voice a little rougher to deal with on this album than on his first Quasimoto album. There's a lot going on in the album as well for sure
Yes. I absolutely love Madlib's production on it, but something about the Quas voice was the only thing holding me back. I was trying to think of it like Prince's Camille character but it wasn't quite working. 😂

The Donnie Hathaway is awesome. I'd highly recommend it

Yeah, I gave the Dexter Gordon a listen and while it’s good, it didn’t really jump out at me like some of his other albums have.

Donnie’s grown on me since VMP’s release so I’m gonna swap Classics for it this month. I’m keeping Lord Quas and... I might drop Essentials this month and maybe grab the Strokes in March. It seems most ROTMs are sticking around for at least a month or two.

Might have gotten suckered into the "bridge" deal, but it was the same $ overall monthly as my initial plan 5 years ago and split between PayPal payments so:

This month was tough for me.... I'm on the Classic track and am completely okay with this month's pick but trying to be strategic. I'm guessing it will be around for future swaps? The Strokes was super tempting but I already have an alright pressing of Room on Fire but was tempted due the look and stats of the VMP pressing. Is this VMP version newly remastered though?

Last edited:
Back