Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

VMP is Waxwork now?

At least they are getting their Halloween vinyl out early this year. You might actually get it before October 31

Last month of VMP for me and the Classics track is meh...What to do, what to do. My original plan to Swap for Credit and then pick up Janis Jopin was foiled with Janis sold out, but I've got it narrowed down to some options, so I'd appreciate any feedback.

The Strokes - Room on Fire (Forgot how much I love this album. I have played my CD of this more in the last month since the announcement, than the previous 10 years. Downside: Pressed at GZ, already have it on CD)

Dexter Gordon - Daddy Plays the Horn (Great set, though not truly essential. Not AAA, and pressed at GZ.)

Erykah Badu - Mama's Gun (Probably the most "essential" album available (that I don't have on Vinyl), but I have this on CD, and I don't know if I'd play it much. Again, pressed at GZ)

Swap for Credit & order Chet Baker in NY. (Good set, though not essential.)

Swap for Credit & order Bernard Purdie - Purdie Good!. (It's a purdie good option, but requires giving VMP a little more money on top of the credit, which I'm reluctant to do.)

Swap for Credit & order John Cale - Vintage Violence.

Swap for Credit and wait and see what comes up in store drops in the next month?

I lean towards Jazz, Soul, and Dad-rock, so if you have any other suggestions hidden in the VMP store, I'm open to them.

Last month of VMP for me and the Classics track is meh...What to do, what to do. My original plan to Swap for Credit and then pick up Janis Jopin was foiled with Janis sold out, but I've got it narrowed down to some options, so I'd appreciate any feedback.

The Strokes - Room on Fire (Forgot how much I love this album. I have played my CD of this more in the last month since the announcement, than the previous 10 years. Downside: Pressed at GZ, already have it on CD)

Dexter Gordon - Daddy Plays the Horn (Great set, though not truly essential. Not AAA, and pressed at GZ.)

Erykah Badu - Mama's Gun (Probably the most "essential" album available (that I don't have on Vinyl), but I have this on CD, and I don't know if I'd play it much. Again, pressed at GZ)

Swap for Credit & order Bernard Purdie - Purdie Good!. (It's a purdie good option, but requires giving VMP a little more money on top of the credit, which I'm reluctant to do.)

Swap for Credit and wait and see what comes up in store drops in the next month?

I lean towards Jazz, Soul, and Dad-rock, so if you have any other suggestions hidden in the VMP store, I'm open to them.
I’m currently waiting for my third replacement of Erykah Badu, the two prior copies skipped in new spots every single play through and last time I played it it just started looping. So keep that in mind, you may have to have another go with CS with Badu. If you can get a clean copy it does sound very good!

Not sure if the other Chet record is available but I spin that one an awful lot in my house. Sounds great and it’s AAA. Chet In New York like you said is a great set but not the most essential jazz record. Maybe just sit on your credit!

Personally I'm in the same boat RE: The Strokes. IF....IF it sounds really good. I will likely get it because it's a great album and is absolute nostalgia fuel the same way Weezer is ten years earlier... But I want to wait and hear reviews on the pressing first. I don't own any of the others you're considering so I can't speak to those. I picked up Billie Holiday this month in the hopes that I don't have to go through 5 copies to get a good one, I've heard that all the usual GZ problems apply to this release...

Personally I'm in the same boat RE: The Strokes. IF....IF it sounds really good. I will likely get it because it's a great album and is absolute nostalgia fuel the same way Weezer is ten years earlier... But I want to wait and hear reviews on the pressing first. I don't own any of the others you're considering so I can't speak to those. I picked up Billie Holiday this month in the hopes that I don't have to go through 5 copies to get a good one, I've heard that all the usual GZ problems apply to this release...
Currently awaiting my second copy of Billie Holiday lol. Oh GZ

Halloween is 10 months away
which is when you are actually going to get this album

but this record will be all you need to be frightening 7/365.

thats not even how you say it

7 days a week.. 52 weeks a year

or even just pusha T reference with 24/7/365

Would you be upset if I told you Jackpot records has this for $22?

Not really, unless you were telling me to try and upset me :)

It's a bit of a classic Ennio Morricone record. I see why they have done it on bright green vinyl for the general release, but TBH I really don't like the look of that, so would pay a few dollars more for the VMPversion.

More importantly, I very much doubt I could get it for any less locally, VMP are charging £25, the cheapest I've seen it so far is £29 + shipping. If I were to get it from Jackpot (I thought I would check because I'm interested in which places have reasonable shipping costs to the UK), I would pay a shit ton.

I didn't look at shipping with the USA, to see if that compares well to VMP.

Screenshot 2021-01-27 at 18.55.25.png

they chose the one exorcist film no one likes

But it's the only Exorcist sound track done by Ennio Morricone.

edit - on the film itself though:

"Exorcist II is demonstrably the worst film ever made. It took the greatest film ever made and trashed it in a way that was on one level farcically stupid and on another level absolutely unforgivable. Everyone involved in this, apart from Linda Blair, should be ashamed for all eternity." (Mark Kermode)

Not really, unless you were telling me to try and upset me :)

It's a bit of a classic Ennio Morricone record. I see why they have done it on bright green vinyl for the general release, but TBH I really don't like the look of that, so would pay a few dollars more for the VMPversion.

More importantly, I very much doubt I could get it for any less locally, VMP are charging £25, the cheapest I've seen it so far is £29 + shipping. If I were to get it from Jackpot (I thought I would check because I'm interested in which places have reasonable shipping costs to the UK), I would pay a shit ton.

I didn't look at shipping with the USA, to see if that compares well to VMP.

View attachment 85544
I guess VMP is still within the realm of justification if your not inside the US. It just is a slap in the face for people in the states when VMP charge $40 a month for access to titles at a marked up price. Makes literally no sense financially.

I went in to the chat to see if I could swap for Leon Spencer and was denied. Not happy.
This was the reasoning: "Yeah so basically, when we receive stock for an item, we'll allocate a certain amount for swaps, and the rest for the store. It appears as though the swap stock is all used up, and all stock we have left is for the store."

Has anyone heard this before? Makes no sense. There are >100 copies remaining. If they haven't sold by now, they never will. So what, they're just going to sit there forever? Or they'll do a "sale" and mark them "down" to $43? They will never put those up for swaps again? BS

Back