Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I want the new Gorillaz, but I'll pass on the VMP version this time around. Now I have to decide if I go deluxe + artwork + CD (certainly don't mind also having the CD).

If getting just the deluxe vinyl proves to be too complicated I may just get the standard vinyl and deluxe CD. Or maybe I'll get tired of thinking about it and end up not buying anything and streaming all of it.

Yes. I was just thinking the other day that I really would like them to reissue music box on vinyl. And it popped up. I had to get it. Emotions is one of my favorites too. But I didn't grab the book.

I’m so excited to get the Mariah Carey albums too from VMP!!! Is that what you grabbed too?

I want the new Gorillaz, but I'll pass on the VMP version this time around. Now I have to decide if I go deluxe + artwork + CD (certainly don't mind also having the CD).

If getting just the deluxe vinyl proves to be too complicated I may just get the standard vinyl and deluxe CD. Or maybe I'll get tired of thinking about it and end up not buying anything and streaming all of it.
There are so many options. I just spent the last 15 minutes trying to decide if it might be worth it to get one of the cassettes before I realized I almost never use my tape deck anyways. Probably going to wait to listen to a full stream before I purchase anything.

🤦‍♂️

Aren't you in your mid-20s? I'm sure you were saying in another thread that you're actually very smart.
I think I’m extremely smart when it comes to travelling, and I think I’m very smart when it comes to appreciating music too! 😃

Also, I eat a lot of yummy food, keep really fit and sleep really well! 😊

Yes. I was just thinking the other day that I really would like them to reissue music box on vinyl. And it popped up. I had to get it. Emotions is one of my favorites too. But I didn't grab the book.
I’m actually really excited to spin them! The exclusives should be shipping in December! I know my brother plans on coming back home just before Christmas (not sure when he’ll be able to come back home though due to COVID and many Australians not being able to get a plane back home), and he really likes the album Emotions, especially the song Emotions, Make It Happen and So Cold! So I can’t wait to give him a warm, sunny welcome back with that album! It’ll make him feel even better about being back home! ♥️

I think I’m extremely smart when it comes to travelling, and I think I’m very smart when it comes to appreciating music too! 😃

Also, I eat a lot of yummy food, keep really fit and sleep really well! 😊

For sure, there are many ways to be "smart". I'm just shocked that you haven't read a book since you were 14 or 15, Nathan.

For sure, there are many ways to be "smart". I'm just shocked that you haven't read a book since you were 14 or 15, Nathan.
I don’t like reading unless it really interests me. I struggled reading a full book in high school for English class because my mind would just drift and then after reading one page, I couldn’t remember what I had read! 😂

But with Lonely Planet, I think I’m so invested into the country/region I’m travelling too, that I read and everything consolidates into my head. For me to ever read a book, I think it has to be something that will benefit me, like travelling as I want to know what places to go to and what transportation is like there etc

But Lonely planet isn’t even a proper book and it’s not like a I read the whole thing, just the regions and places I’m interested in visiting haha

I do want to become a reader though, but I guess it’s just not in me! 😅

I don’t like reading unless it really interests me. I struggled reading a full book in high school for English class because my mind would just drift and then after reading one page, I couldn’t remember what I had read! 😂

But with Lonely Planet, I think I’m so invested into the country/region I’m travelling too, that I read and everything consolidates into my head. For me to ever read a book, I think it has to be something that will benefit me, like travelling as I want to know what places to go to and what transportation is like there etc

But Lonely planet isn’t even a proper book and it’s not like a I read the whole thing, just the regions and places I’m interested in visiting haha

I do want to become a reader though, but I guess it’s just not in me! 😅

I used to love reading but then I went to law school 10 years ago. I now find it extremely hard to read for pleasure, and probably only average 1-2 books per year, max. I’ve been trying to get back into it through graphic novels but without much success so far.

I used to love reading but then I went to law school 10 years ago. I now find it extremely hard to read for pleasure, and probably only average 1-2 books per year, max. I’ve been trying to get back into it through graphic novels but without much success so far.
Yeah, I think the problem is that reading for me isn't a leisurely thing. It feels like I'm concentrating/working and that I would need to reward myself after 5 mins of reading. Lonely Planet, it's like I'm planning my trip and am looking up the places on the computer as well etc, like it's exciting and I'm reading about somewhere I'm going to actually go to.

Even the VMP Classics booklet don't interest me. I've never read any of them, and never read any of the notes from any record really. I just toss it into the bin for the most part.

Hey, you're me except I went to law school 2005-2008. It completely ruined reading for me (amongst other things). I have an English Lit B.A. and have to force myself to crack open a novel a few times a year these days.

Hey, you're me except I went to law school 2005-2008. It completely ruined reading for me (amongst other things). I have an English Lit B.A. and have to force myself to crack open a novel a few times a year these days.
I know I already went over this a couple of weeks ago but EVERYONE ON HERE IS A LAWYER.

Someone needs to do a study regarding the percentage of vinyl collectors that are lawyers. Because clearly it's high, very high.

I know I already went over this a couple of weeks ago but EVERYONE ON HERE IS A LAWYER.

Someone needs to do a study regarding the percentage of vinyl collectors that are lawyers. Because clearly it's high, very high.

I operate a combination gas station / charm school / psychic reading / pest removal / law office so make sure I'm on the list.

God, I still have $21.50 in store credit and nothing to blow it on before I leave. It’s sad that VMP can’t even get me to use my credits on their exclusives because none of them are enticing enough
What about the latest St. Panther VMP Rising? That’s a really good exclusive! It’s only $21

Yeah, I think the problem is that reading for me isn't a leisurely thing. It feels like I'm concentrating/working and that I would need to reward myself after 5 mins of reading. Lonely Planet, it's like I'm planning my trip and am looking up the places on the computer as well etc, like it's exciting and I'm reading about somewhere I'm going to actually go to.

Even the VMP Classics booklet don't interest me. I've never read any of them, and never read any of the notes from any record really. I just toss it into the bin for the most part.

And have just devalued the record instantly

And have just devalued the record instantly
I know! Nearly all my records are devalued, but it doesn’t bother me! I’m happy with that! I hate my records not being in protective inner sleeves! I don’t like them being in printed inners or crappy inners! When the record is in a diskeeper inner sleeve, it slides into the jacket so smoothly and protects the record really well too!

Back