Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

So this is still the right FAQ (maybe @mcherry knows)?:

So we still wait till the 15th to email if we don’t have our packages? My Crumb/Nelson label was created on the 3rd and then crickets. Funny though cause reading on, one could call that stuck and the 13th would then qualify for an email to support, lol.

Hey, what do you think Saddle Creek does with all that extra time?

So this is still the right FAQ (maybe @mcherry knows)?:

So we still wait till the 15th to email if we don’t have our packages? My Crumb/Nelson label was created on the 3rd and then crickets. Funny though cause reading on, one could call that stuck and the 13th would then qualify for an email to support, lol.

Hey, what do you think Saddle Creek does with all that extra time?
As far as I know those FAQs are the ones

As a long term member, is this the first time they started throwing in stuff like this? I’ve heard of the elusive secret 7’, but did they ever give you guys swag?
The golden ticket stuff back in the day, before the secret 7”, included swag. Like 20 people would get a book or a T-shirt, I think one time the golden ticket was a pricey pair of headphones.

They fully fail at pop music. I would kill for a good pop subscription.

Same but I think the subscription base fails VMP on the pop music front.

You’d think that a VMP doing the only colour variant for a festival headlining act with one of the highest critic scores of last year would be able to shift 1k copies, but nope Christine and the Queens is still in stock and on sale. Trying to think of a pop album VMP exclusive that didn’t sell extremely slowly apart trom Justin Timberlake, recently we’ve seen Nao and Empress Of struggle to shift, and can see the same being said for my girl Shura too :cry:

Decided to Tina the Clairo album . They finally have a preorder on her official site and it's $30 for black vinyl and a download on release day. Even on amazon, it's $22, so by the time you factor tax into it, its about VMP's price of $24 anyways. Therefore, I may as well get fancy ultra clear Clairo (ooh, i just got that...).

Same but I think the subscription base fails VMP on the pop music front.

You’d think that a VMP doing the only colour variant for a festival headlining act with one of the highest critic scores of last year would be able to shift 1k copies, but nope Christine and the Queens is still in stock and on sale. Trying to think of a pop album VMP exclusive that didn’t sell extremely slowly apart trom Justin Timberlake, recently we’ve seen Nao and Empress Of struggle to shift, and can see the same being said for my girl Shura too :cry:
My reason for not getting Christine is I wanted the French version as well. You're totally right. Shura should have been an instant sell out. I just think maybe she waited too long for her second album so that there's a healthy chunk of young people who don't know how absolutely phenomenal she is.

EDIT: Whoah it's only been three years. My Shura hunger has made it seem much much longer.

I am so happy VMP chose to exclusively press Mariah Carey’s “Daydream”. My jaw dropped when I actually looked at the VMP email and saw the Mariah Carey exclusive! Absolutely over the moon with the Daydream exclusive. And the colour variant couldn’t have been more better! 👌

VMP must be feeling QUEEN as fuck with all these mid 90’s classic R&B/Hip-Hop albums by iconic divas! We got TLC, then Lil’ Kim and now......MARIAH CAREY! 😍

Who’s next? 🤔

Hmmmm, I smell a Mary J. Blige exclusive coming our way! Maybe we will finally get a reissue of Mary J Blige’s classic “My Life” 🙏

VMP really is striking the iron while it’s hot! 🎯

I cannot wait to spin these exclusives and feel the nostalgia even though I didn’t grow up with any of these albums 😂

Last edited:
I am so happy VMP chose to exclusively press Mariah Carey’s “Daydream”. My jaw dropped when I actually looked at the VMP email and saw the Mariah Carey exclusive! Absolutely over the moon with the Daydream exclusive. And the colour variant couldn’t have been more better! 👌

VMP must be feeling QUEEN as fuck with all these mid 90’s classic R&B/Hip-Hop albums by iconic divas! We got TLC, then Lil’ Kim and now......MARIAH CAREY! 😍

Who’s next? 🤔

Hmmmm, I smell a Mary J. Blige exclusive coming our way! Maybe we will finally get a reissue of Mary J Blige’s Classic “My Life” 🙏

VMP really is striking the iron while it’s hot! 🎯

I cannot wait to spin these exclusives and feel the nostalgic even though I didn’t grow up with any of these albums 😂

I grew up with these albums! I’m glad that they are doing Mariah, but I personally would have preferred “Music Box” or “Butterfly”. I’m also a little bit surprised at the colour. Mariah is so over the top, the gold seems understated!

Mary J Blige would be amazing! Particularly My Life or No More Drama.

Last edited:
Back