Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I think it makes a lot of sense for international subscribers to be VMP members when shipping is factored in. For US customers, there are a lot of other options for most of the exclusives that VMP has. I know the pandemic is causing some delays, but VMP is constantly overselling and color pressings arrive weeks if not months after other shops.

As for the delays in monthly shipping, they are getting worse and worse. When I first signed up, I would always get my ROTM by the 12th of the month. Now I don't even get it sometimes until the next ROTM is announced.

VMP has a pretty big forum presence now. The subreddit is huge with 12k subscribers. As they have more and more issues, people are more vocal about it. I don't have a lot of faith in VMP to fix a lot of these issues any time soon.

And I'm with @Geologyst --late ROTMs are a little annoying but I'm okay waiting on them. It's the preorders coming so late after every other shop's that makes me not want to order any of their exclusives anymore. I got the Chet Baker Mr. B order from Bullmoose over a month ago (received it a few days before release day actually) and I know some VMP members haven't even gotten shipping notices yet.

Not now that they upped it to $39.33 a month on 3 month international sub. That wiped any shipping savings out completely unless you’re buying multiples.

How do you lock in $25/month for a year? At the new price hikes I’d also be surprised if VMP lasts for a year. Tons of people are going to cancel.

When I went to edit my existing 3 month, the 299/year option was still listed. I went to that. Figure locking in $25/month for a year is worth the upfront cost to not have to do with the pricing increase headache.

The black is available straight from the Alfredo Ristorante & Marketplace...

Which actually comes out to be more expensive (with shipping factored in) than the VMP version. Pretty sure this is the only time this has happened.

How do you lock in $25/month for a year? At the new price hikes I’d also be surprised if VMP lasts for a year. Tons of people are going to cancel.
No kidding. Unless the future "Member Prices" on store exclusives are actually good and you look at a VMP membership like a store credit/store access subscription built on the swap-for-credits feature (just saying that makes my head hurt), I can't see this being something many will want to stick around for.

Not now that they upped it to $39.33 a month on 3 month international sub. That wiped any shipping savings out completely unless you’re buying multiples.

Oh wait that’s the local price, it’s $49.66 a month for internationals 😱😱😱😱😱

Fuck that for a laugh, pity I couldn’t get spiritualized but no record is worth that money!

Last edited:
This is seriously mind boggling. I canceled about 6 months back already anyway because I was sick of dealing with the ongoing issues, but had at least considered returning at some point. At these new prices they made my decision very easy. Such a big price jump at a time when they are already making so many mistake as it is. Do they want to go out of business? Or am I just being naive and people will pay it anyway?

Back