Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Hey guess what, I have it. It's also great, although just in general the recording isn't quite as polished as LA Woman, I believe you can hear them moving mics around during the session. But it's very good.

That sounds very good. 👍😃 I hope it sticks around till I receive my International swap credits on Saturday. 👃
Didn't want to have that risk to miss out with The Doors AP and went ahead and already bought it. Even on Discogs I wouldn't get the Doors album for the price VMP offers with free shipping.

I am hoping we don’t get a country track! 🤞🙏

I really really hope we do. Its one of the most overlooked genres on vinyl with the classics rarely getting repressed. And Country is written off by so many people until they are exposed to all the good stuff coming out now that’s not as mainstream. A well curated Vinyl Me Pardner track with Country, Americana, Southern Rock, Bluegrass, and Folk would be incredible and has been on the top of my VMP wishlist for awhile.

(Im guilty of being the one who tweeted about it up there).

Last edited:
So @Mather 's praise for the AP version of The Doors "L. A. woman" definitely did succeed and made me purchase this. Very excited what it sounds like. 😍 I've actually had it ordered from JPC about a month ago, but they didn't yet receive it (and maybe never will). Due to the currency exchange situation the AP offered by VMP is about €13 cheaper for me anyway, so I've ordered it from them and canceled the other. 🎶

Now I'm thinking about possibly using my swap credits to buy the AP pressing of Nina Simone's "Little girl blue" album. Does anybody have it and can confirm the AP version of this sounds fantastic enough to pick it up?

Little girl blue is amazing. Order it!

I'd love Vinyl Me Pardner. It would be my #1 choice. But not run by Storf. I don't need a Sam Hunt record, the third best Thomas Rhett album, or some average Willie Nelson record that Storf needs a pressing of to complete his personal mission to collect Willie's discography.

I think VMP is missing a wider range of voices in the selection process. I'd love to see Vinyl Me Pardner come from someone a bit older.

I don't know if there's currently anyone involved with the track selections thats outside the age range of 22-35? Probably mostly white and suburban?

I remember in a VMP editorial Cam wrote about his experience of listening to Clipse while in a high school or college locker room and his discovery and passion around the album. Who is going to do that pre-2000? Who is putting people on for older music from lived experiences?

Who is going to pick a country record from '91 that maybe wasn't top of the charts that we can go back to and glorify on the internet, but was something that was more under the radar and loved by many?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, substances are coming into my body.

we do NOT need another track

i mean we got essentials planned by mr what would you do with more time and (probably) cameron but given to the press by storf
hip hop which i wouldn't be surprised if thats just crashprez doing 99% of that
and classics which is owned by storf

we cant have a country sub curated by storf (aka 2 of the 4 packages done by storf), we would probably need newer people who we know the personal opinions of to curate the subs so that we can get people who truly care about these genres that understand a lot of what people want and how to curate it... sure for a track as big as essentials having it be democratic and debated all you want for "what can we do that we feel everyone should be given", but for these nicher tracks we should have someone who knows these details about what each someone into these genres would want.. basically so we can completely stop getting shit like honest

I think VMP is missing a wider range of voices in the selection process. I'd love to see Vinyl Me Pardner come from someone a bit older.

I don't know if there's currently anyone involved with the track selections thats outside the age range of 22-35? Probably mostly white and suburban?

I remember in a VMP editorial Cam wrote about his experience of listening to Clipse while in a high school or college locker room and his discovery and passion around the album. Who is going to do that pre-2000? Who is putting people on for older music from lived experiences?

Who is going to pick a country record from '91 that maybe wasn't top of the charts that we can go back to and glorify on the internet, but was something that was more under the radar and loved by many?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, substances are coming into my body.
It makes a lot of sense, as someone just a few years older than that range, it is absolutely embarrassing how they talk about Indie Rock for example.

Their curation/exclusives between the late 70s and 2009 could use the voice of those who listened to music during those periods.

So @Mather 's praise for the AP version of The Doors "L. A. woman" definitely did succeed and made me purchase this. Very excited what it sounds like. 😍 I've actually had it ordered from JPC about a month ago, but they didn't yet receive it (and maybe never will). Due to the currency exchange situation the AP offered by VMP is about €13 cheaper for me anyway, so I've ordered it from them and canceled the other. 🎶

Now I'm thinking about possibly using my swap credits to buy the AP pressing of Nina Simone's "Little girl blue" album. Does anybody have it and can confirm the AP version of this sounds fantastic enough to pick it up?
I've got it. It's great from start the finish.

I feel like if they took 12 of their "crate digger"/"world" exclusives each year and pressed like 1500-2000 of each and called it another track, there would at least be better swaptions each month. Like Jonathan Richman, Orchestra Baobab, Steve & Teresa, Ali Farka Touré, Ofege, Os Novos Baianos, etc. Then they wouldn't have to shove salsa into the classics track and essentials could be reserved for albums that are actually relatively influential - Jorge Ben could still be Essential, but maybe not Silvertones or Jim Sullivan or Experience Unlimited - but it would still be just as easy to pick them up by swapping or adding a track.

When it was first proposed crate digger sounded intriguing but for vmp crate digger so far means raiding the catalogues of mr. Bongo, now again and lita . I don't think they have anyone to curate a crate digger sub. I mean, they invented astory about Cam browsing through record covers on discogs and finding experience unlimited to play up their crate digging skills.
Edit: I mean in the magazine article about bvsc Storf writes about how this album sold millions of copies and was everywhere in the us and ends the text with "We love doing left-field records, and this is the big one for this year:"

Last edited:
I really really hope we do. Its one of the most overlooked genres on vinyl with the classics rarely getting repressed. And Country is written off by so many people until they are exposed to all the good stuff coming out now that’s not as mainstream. A well curated Vinyl Me Pardner track with Country, Americana, Southern Rock, Bluegrass, and Folk would be incredible and has been on the top of my VMP wishlist for awhile.

(Im guilty of being the one who tweeted about it up there).
If we get Country, I will be like "ahhhh oh well, at least my boy wynn72 is going to be super duper happy!" 😜😉

I definitely think there will be like 3-4 Country/Southern Rock/Folk ROTM picks per year that I would be keen to scoop up! And I think it would be really interesting too! It just wouldn't be as exciting in my opinion, compared to a Rock, Electronic or Crate-diggers track.

My instinct tells me we are not going to get a Country track. The genre is just not popular enough and none of the Country ROTM's have sold out. Even Townes Van Zandt's exclusives went on sale back then, and that's very 'up there' Country. We very well could be getting a Country track but I doubt it to be honest. I think it will be an Electronic or Crate-Diggers track!

Keen for the announcement in the future though! It's marvellous news that we're getting a 4th track! 🔥🔥🔥

i mean we got essentials planned by mr what would you do with more time and (probably) cameron but given to the press by storf
hip hop which i wouldn't be surprised if thats just crashprez doing 99% of that
and classics which is owned by storf

we cant have a country sub curated by storf (aka 2 of the 4 packages done by storf), we would probably need newer people who we know the personal opinions of to curate the subs so that we can get people who truly care about these genres that understand a lot of what people want and how to curate it... sure for a track as big as essentials having it be democratic and debated all you want for "what can we do that we feel everyone should be given", but for these nicher tracks we should have someone who knows these details about what each someone into these genres would want.. basically so we can completely stop getting shit like honest
I disagree, because I think another track will benefit everyone! It means a higher chance that subscribers will at least find one ROTM pick they really want! There were some people who didn't like any of the 3 ROTM picks this month, so having 4 ROTM tracks can help eliminate that for a lot of people! 😇

Yes, "Honest" was a poor ROTM choice, but that's why it's good to have another track, because then R&HH subscribers have that extra option, and who knows...they might love country music, electronic music or world music too!

I'm really hoping we get a Crate-Diggers or an Electronic ROTM track. I really hope it isn't Country!

I disagree, because I think another track will benefit everyone! It means a higher chance that subscribers will at least find one ROTM pick they really want! There were some people who didn't like any of the 3 ROTM picks this month, so having 4 ROTM tracks can help eliminate that for a lot of people! 😇

Yes, "Honest" was a poor ROTM choice, but that's why it's good to have another track, because then R&HH subscribers have that extra option, and who knows...they might love country music, electronic music or world music too!

I'm really hoping we get a Crate-Diggers or an Electronic ROTM track. I really hope it isn't Country!
its PROBABLY going to be country and thus i will not find anything good from it

My instinct tells me we are not going to get a Country track. The genre is just not popular enough and none of the Country ROTM's have sold out. Even Townes Van Zandt's exclusives went on sale back then, and that's very 'up there' Country. We very well could be getting a Country track but I doubt it to be honest. I think it will be an Electronic or Crate-Diggers track!
I was thinking the same thing. If they can’t even move country exclusives or country albums in the Essentials track I seriously doubt they’d create a track devoted to that genre.

I’m hoping it’s either rock or some sort of crate digger track.

Back