Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Alright, the bullshit with Fantasma aside, can anyone explain this? Says on their site it isn't supposed to be out until next month (this was after it initially saying it'd be ready for July), but how are people getting this?

I received my copy from BullMoose today. Wonder if people are putting the indie variant in instead? I didn’t see an indie variant listing yet

Man gotta say Rainbo did a great job on this Etta Jones sclusie from last year. It sounds phenomenal, not even sure the source but every time I throw this record on I’m just enveloped in its sound. Am I right or nah?
A bit bummed I missed out on that one. I grabbed the Sonny Rollins and Yusef Lateef in that series and both sound awesome but both were pressed at RTI. I find that Craft's reissues are pretty solid and Sonny and Yusef I think came from the OJC plates. Etta had the pleasure of being recorded by RVG as well so I'm sure that doesn't hurt!

Also my Holy Hive arrived today. Thanks again for that rec!! Just realized that Mary Lattimore is on that album too.

A bit bummed I missed out on that one. I grabbed the Sonny Rollins and Yusef Lateef in that series and both sound awesome but both were pressed at RTI. I find that Craft's reissues are pretty solid and Sonny and Yusef I think came from the OJC plates. Etta had the pleasure of being recorded by RVG as well so I'm sure that doesn't hurt!

Also my Holy Hive arrived today. Thanks again for that rec!!
That’s good to know. I still need to add a solid Saxophone Colossus pressing to my collection bummed I missed the train on that one. As for Holy Hive cheers! Mine should be arriving tomorrow, really excited to spin it. It’s going to get plenty of spins I can tell. Looks like Mary Lattimore is actually featured on that album which is just a sign for me to spring for her exclusive that went up today 😂

That’s good to know. I still need to add a solid Saxophone Colossus pressing to my collection bummed I missed the train on that one. As for Holy Hive cheers! Mine should be arriving tomorrow, really excited to spin it. It’s going to get plenty of spins I can tell. Looks like Mary Lattimore is actually featured on that album which is just a sign for me to spring for her exclusive that went up today 😂
If you need Saxophone Colossus and don't want to drop $50 on the VMP one on discogs, I would check out this pressing:

It's the same plates as the VMP, which are, in turn, the same plates as the DCC reissues that Hoffman/Kevin Gray in the 90s. They are all analogue as far as I know. OJCs are usually solid too and most of the ones from the 80s and earlier are also all analogue.

Phoebe Bridgers arrived yesterday. Haven’t spun it yet but looks great. Nice faint pink that mixes with the blue, I think it’s the best variant by far.
View attachment 56856
Oh nice! Glad it arrived in good time, mines on its way according to the tracking. I have managed to avoid listening to the album so far, I really want the first spin to be the first time I listen. Cant really go wrong with Phoebe Bridgers.

Well, I decided to listen to the Khruangbin album today. Boy, what a bad press. Side A1 is warped, but not too bad. Pretty heavy click at the end of track 2. Fuzz at the end of the side. Side A2 is flat, but has surface noise throughout. It gets worse as the needle gets closer to center. Gave it a quick cleaning, but I’m im gonna have to go in deeper tomorrow. I just have the normal cleaning brush with liquid, nothing fancy, maybe I’ll invest in a better cleaning system.

I’m just getting so tired of contacting support on vinyl. It’s taking a lot of the fun out of collecting. Oh well. I guess I shouldn’t take it so seriously.

So, I posted this a few days ago when I was really disappointed with a string of records that arrived in the last few weeks. But, there is light at the end of this tunnel!

I live in an apartment and my set-up consists of my turntable to amp to receiver to speakers. None of it particularly high-end, but my speakers pick up every tiny little pop, fuzz, and bump. I have one wireless satellite speaker that I use when we're out on the balcony and that one doesn't seem to pick up much surface noise or pops or anything. I don't know if it is because it's not hardwired, or because of the ambient noise outside being louder, or just because it's a lower quality speaker....

...all I know is now I have 2 separate sections for records. Indoor records and outdoor records, because we were on the balcony having a few drinks and I wanted to spin Mordechai and let me tell you.......outside it sounded damn fine. I would walk inside to get another drink and still hear the surface noise of the record, but once I got back outside it was as if I was playing it on digital. Cheers to outdoor records!!!

So, I posted this a few days ago when I was really disappointed with a string of records that arrived in the last few weeks. But, there is light at the end of this tunnel!

I live in an apartment and my set-up consists of my turntable to amp to receiver to speakers. None of it particularly high-end, but my speakers pick up every tiny little pop, fuzz, and bump. I have one wireless satellite speaker that I use when we're out on the balcony and that one doesn't seem to pick up much surface noise or pops or anything. I don't know if it is because it's not hardwired, or because of the ambient noise outside being louder, or just because it's a lower quality speaker....

...all I know is now I have 2 separate sections for records. Indoor records and outdoor records, because we were on the balcony having a few drinks and I wanted to spin Mordechai and let me tell you.......outside it sounded damn fine. I would walk inside to get another drink and still hear the surface noise of the record, but once I got back outside it was as if I was playing it on digital. Cheers to outdoor records!!!
I ended up grabbing the VMP variant and the Dead Oceans variant and forgot to cancel one. They both arrived the other day and I was worried after everyone saying Dead Oceans pressings suck and that the album sounds awful. I spun the Dead Oceans variant and it sounds perfectly fine to me. No early, no surface noise, no pops. Maybe I just lucked out! None of my Secretly Society pressings sound bad either.

I ended up grabbing the VMP variant and the Dead Oceans variant and forgot to cancel one. They both arrived the other day and I was worried after everyone saying Dead Oceans pressings suck and that the album sounds awful. I spun the Dead Oceans variant and it sounds perfectly fine to me. No early, no surface noise, no pops. Maybe I just lucked out! None of my Secretly Society pressings sound bad either.

My friend brought over the Dead Oceans variant last Friday and spun it on my system and it sounded pristine. I think I just "un-lucked out" what with the color and pressing, but I'm okay with it. It has a new life outside. ha.

I received my copy from BullMoose today. Wonder if people are putting the indie variant in instead? I didn’t see an indie variant listing yet
Can confirm I got my Fiona black and opaque pearl copies from Bullmoose yesterday to. I'm not seeing the black listing up on discogs yet either, but they are out there for sure.

Back