Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I think The Blue Nile- High is still available. Great record, on my list. Would highly recommend checking out the bonus track “Here Come the Bluebirds”.

I think The Blue Nile- High is still available. Great record, on my list. Would highly recommend checking out the bonus track “Here Come the Bluebirds”.

I have been debating picking up High, I never really got into it before but haven't tried much. I love Hats and AWAR.

No shipping notice for my ROTM yet, but I did just get one for Punisher. Earlier than expected.

Pretty meh.
It seems like they have kind of a checklist with selections over the last few years. Like the artist chosen for the VMP Rising titles all feel like they were algorithmically chosen to “play next” off of someone’s Spotify playlist. It’s fine, it just all feels very same-y.

It seems like they have kind of a checklist with selections over the last few years. Like the artist chosen for the VMP Rising titles all feel like they were algorithmically chosen to “play next” off of someone’s Spotify playlist. It’s fine, it just all feels very same-y.
It seems with every Rising release, I’ll listen to it once on Spotify and think “Hey that’s not bad. Pretty enjoyable. Maybe I’ll pick this up.” And then proceed to forget about it completely within a day.

tbh I think it's 100% for me. Charlotte Day Wilson may be was the only exception because of the song she did with BADBADNOTGOOD.

Perhaps not coincidentally hers is the only Rising release I own.

that charlotte day wilson release was the true aotm for me that month (over mitski and whatever else was out that month). and, like you, it’s the only rising release i’ve bothered with.

New Rising store drop. Never heard of her.

Hard to care about their Rising picks when they no longer cultivate a community, or post about why we should care about the pick. They do have an article up on the VMP Magazine (VMP Rising: Sharky), but it's an interview with Amileah, rather than an actual crafted profile, which is just lazy journalism. I would have much preferred an actual profile and/or an explanation from A-B on why this was picked as a Rising.

I did like some of their Rising picks (Gang of Youths, Tolouse, Moses Sumney), but that was back in the day when VMP hosted an actual forum.

I think Becky and The Birds, The Shacks, and Gang of Youths have been the only Rising artists that have stuck with me at all.
I think The Shacks is the only Rising I've ever bought. Haven't really listened to it but once or twice since getting it either... Maybe need to add it to the growing stack of stuff I'm gonna sell... (spoiler alert: I may be posting a bunch of stuff for sale within the next week or two)

Back