Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I'm going to respectfully disagree here. A thread was arguing incessantly for like 6 pages, and people were taking everything a little too seriously. At the end of the day these things we love so much are just paper and vinyl. People need to lighten up a bit, and a couple harmless jokes by people who don't want to argue on a forum should't be taken so personally (not to insinuate that you took them personally, but you get what I mean).
First world problems too, right? Another one of my dislikes. Yes, it is paper and vinyl. But what is on that paper and vinyl mean various things to different people and it isn't for you or me to dismiss, make light or demean any of it. There is a time and a place for the jokes, I'm all about it. I'm not sure this is it. If you don't want to argue/discuss, just don't. Don't pile on the 6 pages by adding unhelpful jokes. It'll all ebb away and we can go back to jokes.

"People need to lighten up a bit " is not the thing to say to anyone that is expressing true emotion. Allow them to process it without diminishing their emotion. And I don't see them as harmless jokes. I see them taking a valid concern, not acknowledging it and dismissing it with a joke. That sucks.

No, I'm not taking this particular discussion personally. But others do. And people have stated that it is giving them anxiety and distress. Throwing in jokes is not only not helpful, but one could say it is callous.

New Rising is out today

thanks for posting, I have obviously been a little preoccupied.
Ok, look, I can't speak for anyone else obviously, but this right here is the problem I’m having with all of this.

By saying things like “there needs to be a definite statement”, you're making it sound like you're appealing to some employees at a business to release a statement, when this forum was basically started in opposition to that exact kind of mentality. We’re not running a company here, man. There doesn't have to be strict guidelines on what can be said where and who is allowed to respond to certain things.

I agree with the sentiment that people should not be attacked for their feelings about VMP. You're completely justified in getting upset if someone gives you shit purely because you're a member or not a member of VMP. But that doesn't seem to be what happened here, as others are trying to characterize it.

You posted a long report about your meeting with someone from VMP about the state of the company. Even further, you posted a status about it, inviting people who don't usually look at the forums about VMP (like me) to see what this is all about. And at this point, I’m confused about what exactly your motive was. You say you wanted to share the info with those who would be interested, without realizing someone can dislike VMP but still be interested in what you have to say. You seem to suggest that if you had done your report and only been met by posts from people saying “thanks for sharing”, then it would have all been fine. But this is a *discussion* thread. People come here to *discuss* what has been posted. And you seem to be of the mind that negative feedback to your report is coming solely from people coming at your neck just from the crime of daring to mention VMP.

There's a difference between trolls giving you hell just because and people genuinely responding and reacting to what you've posted. You can't make the decision that, if you don't like what they have to say about your post, their input is invalid. It is relevant that people say what they feel about VMP truthfully, and judging by the response to your report, many remain unconvinced that this meeting really means anything. That’s not an attack on you; that's a response to what you openly posted in a public forum.

Your request that you be told explicitly what you can and can't do on the forum makes no sense. The threads for posting about VMP are for posting about VMP. That includes discussion of both the positive and negative aspects of VMP. If someone uses this very thread to complain and let others know about a delay or a consistent, prevalent defect in a product from their store, they are using it the way it is intended. If you are so worried about not knowing if what you are posting in a specific thread is “allowed” in that thread, then just create a new thread for it.

As many others have stated, this is nothing meant to offend or insult you. But you need to be willing to accept that not everyone has an overly optimistic view of VMP, and that what you posted was in some ways essentially a mouthpiece for VMP to project onto the forum, and if you can't see why that might not be 100% welcomed on this particular forum, then I'm not quite sure what else to say.
I have said why I posted both a status with the vague wording. I have clearly explained my line of thinking several times and where I messed up. But now I am saying there does need to be something more said because this time and last people messaged me about not wanting to be caught up in the responses. I can't speak to why they are afraid to do so, I don't presume to speak for them except to say they exist. I also don't think it is fair to anyone to be told just expect this to happen whether it be this topic or any other topic that isn't made for the purpose of trolling.

Is anyone that is staff here still involved with VMP? I was looking at the list and I am not sure any are. I think that greatly factors in here if none are. I know for sure some aren't and are vocal about the fact.
I am still a member but frankly, if I am or not is not relevant to this conversation. I personally think that private conversations should stay that way. Not everything needs to be out in public. The more I treat VMP like a company and less like my friend the better off I am. I don't want to know the employees of the company. I just want a money only transaction. I give them money, they give me records (at expected quality and on time). Someone mentioned the story of the frog and the scorpion and I think it applies here. If you continue to give money to VMP, your cries start to ring hollow.

I am still a member but frankly, if I am or not is not relevant to this conversation. I personally think that private conversations should stay that way. Not everything needs to be out in public. The more I treat VMP like a company and less like my friend the better off I am. I don't want to know the employees of the company. I just want a money only transaction. I give them money, they give me records (at expected quality and on time). Someone mentioned the story of the frog and the scorpion and I think it applies here. If you continue to give money to VMP, your cries start to ring hollow.
So because I have a different line I am not to be taken seriously?

Back