Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

mine is probably coming very soon.. who knows it might even be here already... but if it turns out to be that bad.. its more proof we need to constantly info@ the company and show them this is a real problem.. dont just sit there and complain, get out there and tell them... i outright even said to VMP "i think this might be a pressing issue and needs to be fixed"

and if they dont fix it i am asking for a refund... hey it will be easier to pay for my subscription
Mine is slightly worse than the last, but pretty comparable. FWIW, they were very fair to me first time--just asked for a video and immediately got back to me saying they were shipping out another copy and hoped it was better. I emailed them today saying that it looks like a pressing-wide issue because there is a small scratch on the grooves in almost exactly the same spot and asked for a refund. Will keep y'all posted on what they said. I will say, I have found overall (and not accusing anybody of anything at all) that just trying to be friendly and respectful with the VMP customer service folks has always resulted in them making things right. Maybe I have caught Pauly and the other folks at a good time in the day because I know there have been some suspect responses to people on here. I haven't had nearly as many issues as others though, so part of it could be that as well.

Hopefully they make it right again this time.

As I’ve said before, we can’t prevent negativity. People are allowed to criticize VMP and people are allowed to praise VMP and people are allowed to not care at all and people are allowed to respond to public comments. I wish more people would ignore what they don’t like but that’s not the nature of the internet unfortunately.

People will be sarcastic and snarky. People will be more/less sensitive to this than others. People will express their anger. People can be comfortable/uncomfortable around anger. Arguments will happen between adults and I hope as adults we can have those arguments without needing someone else to step in because feelings got hurt or misunderstandings happened. As long as personal attacks don’t go full blown into namecalling or worse then we have to trust that adults can work it out. I truly believe we as adults can do this. Micromanaging conversations is not what we want to do. Giving excessive warnings or bans for stuff like this argument is not what we want to do.
This not a response and you (staff) would not let this happen elsewhere. I am not accepting this non-answer again. Either let people talk about VMP without fear or not and say it. I will not let this go, so either go ahead and ban me or make a real statement.

This not a response and you (staff) would not let this happen elsewhere. I am not accepting this non-answer again. Either let people talk about VMP without fear or not and say it. I will not let this go, so either go ahead and ban me or make a real statement.
It is my statement. I’m sorry you disagree. And I don’t appreciate ultimatums like this Enoch.

It is my statement. I’m sorry you disagree. And I don’t appreciate ultimatums like this Enoch.
People are afraid to post and this is the response you find acceptable. I do not and will not stop until there is a statement so people can know what will be acceptable. If people are afraid to post then that is 100% a place staff needs to step in. I am losing respect more and more for staff regarding this issue. If this is a place where people are going to be afraid then I am not sure I want to be here and I have already been told by others they are going elsewhere. This is on staff to correct, you are becoming the monster you were trying to leave by not making a decision.

People are afraid to post and this is the response you find acceptable. I do not and will not stop until there is a statement so people can know what will be acceptable. If people are afraid to post then that is 100% a place staff needs to step in. I am losing respect more and more for staff regarding this issue. If this is a place where people are going to be afraid then I am not sure I want to be here and I have already been told by others they are going elsewhere. This is on staff to correct, you are becoming the monster you were trying to leave by not making a decision.
Enoch, This has to stop now. All staff is in agreement here. We cannot police every single little thing. It's on ALL of us to act as adults.

b8a.png

I think we made it pretty clear...
The Community

While this is a crowd funded forum, we still need to have some rules and expectations in place. Our main goal is to keep this place feeling like a community. Being respectful to others is the only way to maintain that. Through our similarities, and our differences, we will be a community where people feel comfortable and welcomed.

What Needles & Grooves is:
- A forum for all music lovers to meet and discuss music, gear, and life with people of similar interests
- A welcoming place for people at all levels of music and vinyl knowledge, and any budget
- Respectful of other members--our similarities and our differences

What Needles & Grooves is not:
- Anti-another company or forum.
- A dating site. We don't wish to stand in the way of love, but all men, women, and people outside of the binary deserve to participate here without being hit on or propositioned.
- An advertising arm for any company or corporation.
- A place where hate speech is tolerated
Problem is, there's a lot of grey area that cannot be defined like you're asking for.

are you referencing my longer post? Or the shorter one? Just asking for clarification when you refer to my response.

Of course we don’t want people to be afraid to post. But telling people not to disagree is not an answer I agree with, if that makes sense. From what I gather, you want to be able to share info like this and have only certain opinions engage with your post. That sounds like micromanaging and censorship to me and I don’t want to do that. If something is shared with members, all members and opinions should be free to engage.

Enoch, This has to stop now. All staff is in agreement here. We cannot police every single little thing. It's on ALL of us to act as adults.
I said either ban me or actually do something about the fear people have. I will not stop this. If people are telling me they are afraid to post then I am going to speak up for them. I am not afraid to do so on others behalf. I can't take this elsewhere it will just create more tension elsewhere. If I am going to be accused of taking a meeting with VMP and keep things behind doors, then I am taking that feedback and applying it here. People need to know what is safe for them to participate in. Again this is the staff's responsibility to take seriously.

I said either ban me or actually do something about the fear people have. I will not stop this. If people are telling me they are afraid to post then I am going to speak up for them. I am not afraid to do so on others behalf. I can't take this elsewhere it will just create more tension elsewhere. If I am going to be accused of taking a meeting with VMP and keep things behind doors, then I am taking that feedback and applying it here. People need to know what is safe for them to participate in. Again this is the staff's responsibility to take seriously.
ummm.. enoch.. i think its kinda time to stop.... i dont like the people claiming you are paid off either this is getting too a bit too intense

that is my fear with my replacement

I am really sorry but this is a super mixed message, thanks @Teeeee for also saying this, so I can only post about VMP in a VMP thread but this thread is only for store stuff (in the old forum I would have created a new thread but I am also team we don't need more VMP threads). This is 100% why the last time this happened and asked for clarification and now you are giving a completely different answer. If this is how it is going to be then delete all VMP threads and be done with it. Had this been about any other company I 100% believe more would have done by staff. I want to be a part of this company but if you aren't going to give me a clear response on how to handle giving info on VMP then I am not sure I want to be a part of this place with a bias staff. And yes I am posting this response here as I believe everyone should have a clear response. Taking this to a DM is exactly what I have been accused of in meeting with VMP. This has gone on for too long. There needs to be a definite statement on what will be accepted and won't be concerning VMP and behavior toward people who want to say saying that is "I hate VMP." I have both this time and last time received DMs of people who have thanked me for sharing but who don't want to get caught up in the negative posts. Do something. These responses are insensitive. You can not like VMP but if you are going to be biased and allow more things to happen to people on this subject than others, make up your mind. I realize this emotional and rambling but I think that is what is needed right now. I have been accused of being a fan, being on the payroll, being a shill for VMP. Nothing has been done about this.

I for one am glad that you have been sharing info about VMP. Like others I take VMP's representations with a planet-sized grain of salt, but it's useful information nonetheless. I'm sorry you're getting grief for sharing the info you have and your point of view.

Here is a formal invitation to ANYONE who feels any fear in posting about VMP on our site, please message me directly and we can discuss it with you directly.

Guys. I hope you all see that this is escalating behavior and isn't helpful. It isn't a shit storm. It isn't drama. It isn't a dumpster fire. It's a discussion. Let people work it out without diminishing it. Please.

I hope that didn't come across as jerky, I'm not trying to be. I'm sincerely asking that we try to do things that didn't work in the old place a bit differently here. We have this clean slate. Let's make the most of it!!!!
I am making the most of things by avoiding the discussions regarding the sacred cows held by the vast majority of folks here. It’s why I haven’t made a single post in the politics thread. I don’t feel bad about cautioning someone to avoid third rail discussions even if they haven’t electrocuted anyone yet.

In the defensive carry/firearms world we have a axiom about the best way to win a gunfight is to avoid it. If I think there’s a good chance I might need my gun someplace, I don’t go there. In the same vein, it doesn’t take a rocket surgeon to see how certain politically charged discussions are a disaster waiting to happen and it’s only polite to wave other bystanders off. The guns may not be a blazin’ yet, but hands are hovering above the hip, fingers are a twitchin’ and the sun’s gettin real high up in the sky.

ummm.. enoch.. i think its kinda time to stop.... i dont like the people claiming you are paid off either this is getting too a bit too intense
Why? No resolution was given last time and I dropped it and now the same thing is happening and I am getting messages regarding it again. I don't think it is fair to others to see this and feel this isn't the place for them. I am willing to take the brunt if it gets this to a place where everyone understands what is going to be accepted. I will not stand by while people are messaging me they are going to a different site so they don't receive the same type of responses I have. I 100% believe if this was regarding any other company most of the types of replies would have been policed either by the community or the staff. I have not seen this type of behavior anywhere else on the forum except when it comes to VMP. This needs to be fully addressed.

We told you we weren't going to micromanage these VMP conversations. That's the way it's going to continue. As far as I am aware nobody has resorted to name calling and so there was no need for us to step in. It's been a bit heated and little confrontational, but that's been from both sides.

Here is a formal invitation to ANYONE who feels any fear in posting about VMP on our site, please message me directly and we can discuss it with you directly.
Why should people have to message you, the should just feel the community is safe enough for them to post. That is the problem I have and want it addressed. I don't want this done behind closed doors.

Back