Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Not sure if anything past GZA, Rae or Ghostface is going to do it for me, wait could it be the Wu-Massacre album?!? Ghost, Rae and Meth all from Strong Island...my buddy was so hyped when he heard that album was going to drop, I don't think it lived up to his personal level of hype!

That Coup album is great easy cop!

The Earl is good but too short for me, might end up copping anyways if nothing else strikes my fancy
I would be good with Inspecta Deck. I would also be down with a Liquid Sword as I wouldn’t mind replacing my Marvel artwork copy with the original album art.

Second on Wiki first on Discogs....clues have never been completely accurate....yes I'm trying to talk myself into this...
There's a separate discogs page for "The Genius" where Liquid Swords is 2nd.

That would be some next level fuckery if the clues were because Storf looked at a different discogs page.

I want it to be Liquid Swords just to preemptively dump my Marvel cover version for over $100, but I still think it's going to be a lower-tier Wu member album.

Yeah Liquid Swords is one of those albums that seemed to be really easy to get that all of a sudden was OOP and selling for way too much! Should have copped it when I had a chance!

Not sure I gave much low level Wu projects much of a chance so at least this is going to get me revisiting some records that passed me by... I'm sure I'll really take to the ones that are worth the most money...

I think another strike against Liquid Swords is that I feel like it's definitely an Essential. If Storf said the only place for Kendrick is Essentials, if Check Your Head is an Essential and Stankonia is an Essential then Liquid Swords HAS to be, right?

Enter the 36 Chambers
Return to the 36 Chambers
OB4CL
Iron Man/Supreme Clientele
Liquid Swords

Those are all Essentials IMO.

If Storf said the only place for Kendrick is Essentials, if Check Your Head is an Essential and Stankonia is an Essential then Liquid Swords HAS to be, right?

Liquid Swords should be Essential, for sure. But I don't think it broke through to the rest of the world as much as the rest on your list did. I feel it's the most "for the heads" album of the first wave by quite a bit.

I also think it's the best album of the bunch, though ODB is my favourite.

Given the access they seem to have to the Wild Pitch catalogue, could UMC's 'Fruits of Nature' be an option... it would be a bit unusual to have back-to-back releases from the same label (especially given the recent Gang Starr release too) but it's the one Wild Pitch LP more than any other that's crying out for a reissue and although it's probably faded into obscurity a bit over the years, anyone who was listening to hip-hop back then knows it's up there with the best of the class of '91...

Ye on Alex Jones' show swooning over Hitler has got to kill any chance of Storf getting his Ye album dream realized, no?

Didn't stop them from doing Erykah (not justifying it just pointing it out)
This isn't even in the same realm as the shit Kanye's on right now.
Badu's comments are a little eyebrow raising, but I think that's more of just a really terrible way of saying "I'm an insanely empathetic person".

Nowhere even close IMO.

Given the access they seem to have to the Wild Pitch catalogue, could UMC's 'Fruits of Nature' be an option... it would be a bit unusual to have back-to-back releases from the same label (especially given the recent Gang Starr release too) but it's the one Wild Pitch LP more than any other that's crying out for a reissue and although it's probably faded into obscurity a bit over the years, anyone who was listening to hip-hop back then knows it's up there with the best of the class of '91...

I'd prefer this over a second tier Wu Tang solo album!!

Maybe they'll go on a Wild Pitch run or save it for the Wild Pitch anthology...

This isn't even in the same realm as the shit Kanye's on right now.
Badu's comments are a little eyebrow raising, but I think that's more of just a really terrible way of saying "I'm an insanely empathetic person".

Nowhere even close IMO.

Gotcha...I haven't bothered to check it out I just saw the headline that said Happening now: Kanye West tells Alex Jones that he "sees good things about Hitler also"

And immediately thought back to this one:

Erykah Badu Finds Empathy With Hitler and Bill Cosby: ‘I See Good in Everybody’​

Gotcha...I haven't bothered to check it out I just saw the headline that said Happening now: Kanye West tells Alex Jones that he "sees good things about Hitler also"

And immediately thought back to this one:

Erykah Badu Finds Empathy With Hitler and Bill Cosby: ‘I See Good in Everybody’​

Oh yeah, without seeing the clips I can see how you could find them both similar...but man it's so much worse than the headlines make it out to be.

Dude's about to banish himself to the upside down.

Oh yeah, without seeing the clips I can see how you could find them both similar...but man it's so much worse than the headlines make it out to be.

Dude's about to banish himself to the upside down.
indeed...may not be a bad thing at this point

Back