Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

This sounds like something I’d definitely be into. Is this instrumental stuff? Isn’t Ohbliv from Richmond as well? It could be something from him as well, I got his new album Give Thanks a few months back and on the hype sticker it had a quote from VMP on it about how Ohbliv carries the dilla torch. The album Up from him is rare as shit and was only pressed once.

To answer your first question, yeah, Tape Cookies is instrumental. He has a ton of beat tapes and also plays keys in a jazz band called Butcher Brown. He signed with Stones Throw but only has one album out from them right now (HazyMoods). And you didn't ask, but Leslie Jones is a fan:

And to answer your second question, yeah Ohbliv is from RVA too. In fact, that hype sticker name-dropping VMP is what got Storf to tell me to expect more from Richmond later this year. He didn't make it sound like it'd be Ohbliv, though. But I certainly wouldn't mind if it was! He has a ton of beat tapes himself, I think Raw Spirit Jewels is my favorite. Wouldn't mind seeing that one on wax.

To answer your first question, yeah, Tape Cookies is instrumental. He has a ton of beat tapes and also plays keys in a jazz band called Butcher Brown. He signed with Stones Throw but only has one album out from them right now (HazyMoods). And you didn't ask, but Leslie Jones is a fan:

And to answer your second question, yeah Ohbliv is from RVA too. In fact, that hype sticker name-dropping VMP is what got Storf to tell me to expect more from Richmond later this year. He didn't make it sound like it'd be Ohbliv, though. But I certainly wouldn't mind if it was! He has a ton of beat tapes himself, I think Raw Spirit Jewels is my favorite. Wouldn't mind seeing that one on wax.

This has definitely piqued my interest. Gonna have to look into his stuff for sure, good lookin out!

We don't have cover art yet, but I imagine smoke or clouds will be present so I'm going to will this into existence. The Alchemist project dropping soon seems like a great choice imo

His Chemical Warfare album turns 10 in July too so could be that. Clouds on the cover and no vinyl ever. Never listened to his solo stuff before but listening to this now... it’s fine.

His Chemical Warfare album turns 10 in July too so could be that. Clouds on the cover and no vinyl ever. Never listened to his solo stuff before but listening to this now... it’s fine.

Oh hell yea. Chemical Warfare with a Yacht Music 2 pre-order please!!! I forgot how great the features were on it!! Thank you!

One official clue so far:

A lot of the initial thought was that it'd be a Chance album, possibly Acid Rap. But with the above email saying the vinyls albums would be only available on his site, I guess that throws that theory out the window.

So first clue and I'd say it's wide open. I'm hoping the clue is misdirection and the Classics record has a song about guns and multiple vocalists and we're gonna get some instrumental hip hop. :cool:

Oh ok this is cool. Thanks for this 👌🏼
Am I reading that part right that we already know Essentials? What is it 😲

It hasn't been released yet, but Sleater-Kinney has a long history of quality albums. However, this one was produced by St. Vincent, and many long-time fans believe that the new singles that have been released are a departure from the band's previous work. Apparently, the drummer is uncomfortable with the band's new direction and has quit before the release of the album. But fans of St. Vincent should maybe be pleased? I dunno

It hasn't been released yet, but Sleater-Kinney has a long history of quality albums. However, this one was produced by St. Vincent, and many long-time fans believe that the new singles that have been released are a departure from the band's previous work. Apparently, the drummer is uncomfortable with the band's new direction and has quit before the release of the album. But fans of St. Vincent should maybe be pleased? I dunno
Oh ok. Thanks for the info. Not overly familiar with St.Vincent either. Another quietish month for me again I think 👌🏼

I remember buying the PA version of 2001 with my mom at Target. Just glad she didn't look at the tracklist...

15 year old me listening to Chronic 2001 for the first time wasn't ready at all for that track...
I was 14 and I brought it to my friends house during school lunch hour. Pre set his stereo volume to full and asked him to play track 18. The look of fear in his face trying to turn it off, neighbours lost their minds 😂😂😂

I was 14 and I brought it to my friends house during school lunch hour. Pre set his stereo volume to full and asked him to play track 18. The look of fear in his face trying to turn it off, neighbours lost their minds 😂😂😂
You’re such a naughty boy Jmcg85! 😂

It’s actually something I’d imagine you do as a teenager! 🤣🤣🤣

Back