Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

My Name is My Name would be dope and I would love to see it as the RHH pick. But I am a little skeptical of this being as big as the Outkast release. I could maybe see it being Watch the Throne or Yeezus, since I don't think those would fit in Essentials as well as the rest of Kanye's work. The only artists with Def Jam releases this decade that I see being on a similar level as Outkast are Kanye, Jay-Z, The Roots, Frank Ocean, and maaaybe Push. Probably missing a couple, though.

My Name is My Name would be dope and I would love to see it as the RHH pick. But I am a little skeptical of this being as big as the Outkast release. I could maybe see it being Watch the Throne or Yeezus, since I don't think those would fit in Essentials as well as the rest of Kanye's work. The only artists with Def Jam releases this decade that I see being on a similar level as Outkast are Kanye, Jay-Z, The Roots, Frank Ocean, and maaaybe Push. Probably missing a couple, though.
Rated R would probably be on that level with the masses.

Yeah I agree about Yeezus and Watch the Throne I was trying to make that point but who knows!

I would personally love Yeezus. My boot is missing Bound 2. Definitely wouldn't mind an affordable copy of Watch The Throne either!!!!!!

Last edited:
If they chuck rihanna into the rap/hip hop track my brain will explode.. in what universe do those things become 1

I seem to remember Storf postin a few months ago that whatever Outkast Essential they pick will fit with the VMP goal of reissuing the album after the celebrated classic...and then said it would be Stankonia because it followed ATLiens. Can't find the comment though, maybe he deleted it because he had the timeline wrong or because it gave away a future rotm?

Back